One year later...

WavesandWindows

If this was there last hoorah then so be it.Never saw Rush in concert(i live elsewhere),but I have there albums and dvds.Been into them since "78.Big part of my life.Only one band has been bigger and that has been Zep.But if Alex,Ged and that drummer guy could get back for one more album I would be more than happy.cheers.

This is not it, and I know it.

On April 29, 2015, Alex Lifeson stated in an interview R40 might be the final large-scale Rush tour due to his psoriatic arthritis and Peart's chronic tendinitis.However, he did not rule out future projects with the band, including smaller tours and limited performances, and even stated he would like to work on soundtracks with Geddy Lee. On December 7, 2015, Peart stated in an interview he was retiring. Lee clarified the following day Peart had only retired from touring and was not ruling out continuing work with Rush in other capacities. Lifeson confirmed in 2016 the R40 tour was the band's last large-scale tour.

I think they'll put out another album and do another small tour. This is based on absolutely nothing but gut feel (and probably a little hope) and the reality that 99.9% of top notch actors, athletes, and musicians have a very hard time walking away when they can still perform. Neil may say he's done, not like the limelight etc... but I don't believe it.
  • Like 1

I think they'll put out another album and do another small tour. This is based on absolutely nothing but gut feel (and probably a little hope) and the reality that 99.9% of top notch actors, athletes, and musicians have a very hard time walking away when they can still perform. Neil may say he's done, not like the limelight etc... but I don't believe it.

I hope they do that. I was never able to see them live, but I could of, if I did not make a really shitty mistake last year.

:(

Edited by Surrender74

I know there may be light at the end of the tunnel and at the end of extended sabbatical there will be some form of action.But if not so be it.I'm happy(sought of).

Me personally being a musician and nowhere near the professionalism,pressure and popularity of a band like Rush they do need to get away from it for a while,just like I drossed a furnace for ten years and never owned a guitar.Now aged 54 I am back into with vengeance.Having lost a few too many friends to the great gig in the sky recently life is too short.Hope Rush has some life yet.
  • Like 2

It's sad to not be able to look forward to a tour or an album or something at least from them. I absolutely appreciate everything that we got from them. They have meant a lot to me in my life. For one thing I wouldn't have met any of you crazy people. ;)

Yea, without this place, what would we do with all that spare internet surfing time? Watch cat videos? :LOL: :pussy:

Do that anyway. Love the kitties. :LOL:

Yea ... hard to resist those!

• Like 1

I see a lot of people into their 80´s working and making projects...not because of money compression or so...but because that is what keeps them alive ...people that never made as much as the boyz did ( are )......I do not know.....maybe I am wrong but I think this retirement thing was a little bit too early....am I wrong Jagger/Richards, Townsend/Daltrey??? :codger:

I'm fine with their decision. I'm not sure Rush can be compared to the other old timers like The Stones or the Who. Rush has recorded and toured a lot more than most acts. The pace they maintained from 1974-1997 was pretty much unmatched by all other major rock acts. I just don't think there has been many unturned rocks. They've accomplished about as much as they can and since Neil isn't the type to crave the spotlight, I doubt he will miss the road even after a few years away from it all. My guess is the only thing that gets NP back on the road is if he and his wife didn't budget properly.

When I was younger I imagined I would be distraught when Rush finally called it quits, but it turns out I'm completely at peace with whatever they should choose to do. I haven't liked a whole lot since Hold Your Fire anyway.

(Does that mean I'm not a True Fan™?)

Nope :)

lol i kid

Me personally being a musician and nowhere near the professionalism,pressure and popularity of a band like Rush they do need to get away from it for a while,just like I drossed a furnace for ten years and never owned a guitar.Now aged 54 I am back into with vengeance.Having lost a few too many friends to the great gig in the sky recently life is too short.Hope Rush has some life yet.

Hey, if you love it then yeah, go for it.

Good for you! I wish you the best of luck!

Naturally, I do the same for my favorite band.

I still remember that rainy Newark evening like it was only yesterday. The energy of that show was unbelievable. The guys put on a great show, the crowd sang Xanadu, and Lerxst swore at a marionette. What a night!

Oh, wait. We're talking about Los Angeles. Well, I wasn't there. :P

Edited by Disk98

It's sad to not be able to look forward to a tour or an album or something at least from them. I absolutely appreciate everything that we got from them. They have meant a lot to me in my life. For one thing I wouldn't have met any of you crazy people. ;)

Yea, without this place, what would we do with all that spare internet surfing time? Watch cat videos? :LOL: :pussy:

Do that anyway. Love the kitties. :LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho2htMvL3gc&sns=em

Aww. I wish I was there. I'd organize help for these cats. They need to be fixed and taken care of.

When I was younger I imagined I would be distraught when Rush finally called it quits, but it turns out I'm completely at peace with whatever they should choose to do. I haven't liked a whole lot since Hold Your Fire anyway.

(Does that mean I'm not a True Fan™?)

See John Rogers. He'll let you know.

Hard to believe that it's been a year. I was able to catch the Irvine CA and LA shows. I was going through a difficult time in my life that year, and the shows were very cathartic, especially that last one. Witnessing them play "Losing It" blew my mind.

I sure hope they are enjoying their retirement; god knows they've earned it. Would be great to hear new music someday in some capacity (and configuration), but Clockwork is a helluva way to go out if they do decide not to record any longer as well.

Edited by Mystic Slipperman
  • Like 2