Neil Probably Would Have Another Tour In Him If......

presto123

honestly, yeah Neil's health issues obviously a big concern for the future of this band, if it has one, but i can't help feeling that the main reason we aren't hearing anything about new material in pipeline or whatever, could be the distinct possibility that Al has just dried up in the new sound department. I mean if Al had come up with what was a fresh and exciting sound for a new album I'm pretty sure the other two would jump on, whatever the circumstances. Alex's guitar is probably the essence of Rush and if he went to Neil & Ged excited like a kid at christmas saying he had something really special by way of a general noise they wouldn't be able to resist, they know how cool this guy is on his instrument.

Anyway, just a thought, maybe Al being as different over the decades always coming up with new general sounds for albums just hasn't found anything new to excite him in recent times? wouldn't surprise me, i mean at times it seems he covered everything. but of course that's what geniuses do, they come up with new stuff when you think there's nothing there. my fingers are crossed anyway.

Well hey, there's an angle that no one ever thought of! :D

Seriously, uncross your fingers. It's over, and not because of Geddy or Alex...

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/99333-interesting-alex-story/

honestly, yeah Neil's health issues obviously a big concern for the future of this band, if it has one, but i can't help feeling that the main reason we aren't hearing anything about new material in pipeline or whatever, could be the distinct possibility that Al has just dried up in the new sound department. I mean if Al had come up with what was a fresh and exciting sound for a new album I'm pretty sure the other two would jump on, whatever the circumstances. Alex's guitar is probably the essence of Rush and if he went to Neil & Ged excited like a kid at christmas saying he had something really special by way of a general noise they wouldn't be able to resist, they know how cool this guy is on his instrument.

Anyway, just a thought, maybe Al being as different over the decades always coming up with new general sounds for albums just hasn't found anything new to excite him in recent times? wouldn't surprise me, i mean at times it seems he covered everything. but of course that's what geniuses do, they come up with new stuff when you think there's nothing there. my fingers are crossed anyway.

http://www.therushfo...ing-alex-story/

So, because Alex was being typical Alex to a fan-boy's query, you think that there's hope for future Rush material & shows?? Let me remind you, it wasn't Geddy and/or Alex who wanted to stop. The reality is, Rush, as you/we know them, is finished.

So, because Alex was being typical Alex to a fan-boy's query, you think that there's hope for future Rush material & shows?? Let me remind you, it wasn't Geddy and/or Alex who wanted to stop. The reality is, Rush, as you/we know them, is finished.

I'm aware that the touring is over with, and I'm also aware that any future Rush albums are unlikely, but I thought that was worth showing you. Never say never. :)

I'm aware that the touring is over with, and I'm also aware that any future Rush albums are unlikely, but I thought that was worth showing you. Never say never. :)

I appreciate the link, but to me, that's just typical Alex. He HATES to disappoint anyone. If being too nice was a flaw, it would be one of his biggest.

Heheheh, BTW I'm a realist so, I actually say never pretty often! :LOL:

• Like 1

Rush would continue if...

...If we lived in an alternative universe where 1981 Neil never changed and enjoyed the challenge and joy of playing live his entire life

...If John Rutsey in 1974 bought a controlling interest in Rush, and could not be removed from the band. Then upon his passing in his will stated Rutseys Rush should continue on with a new drummer.

...If, in 2017, someone offers Neil $20 million to do a tour. Ha.

you have a good point. with his age and health, it sure doesn't make touring any easier even though it's drumming that seems to be more taxing on him.

..... would give up the motorcycle riding and travel by air conditioned plane like the rest of the band. Just stop and think how tired and exhausted riding a motorcycle with full riding gear in 90 degree heat would make even a young person. Even though he is not pedaling like a bicycle those long motorcycle rides are physically AND mentally exhausting.(trying to keep yourself alive on a motorcycle)

Neil would usually get a half hour to hour nap at the venue and then have to play a demanding 3 hour Rush show followed by too few hours of sleep to get up and do it all over again. I know that Neil says the motorcycling makes a tour more interesting, but it had to take a major toll at his age. No wonder he says he's burnt out on touring. Imagine the difference if you were conserving ALL of your energy for the show and staying in cool environments throughout the day.

Neil is Neil though and I would never expect him to come around to this point of view. haha

It's folks like yourself that keep NP in a perpetual state of anxiety, butting into areas you don't belong.

As a quantum realist, Neil's retired. Get over it. Quit trying to live vicariously through him and chart your own destiny.

..... would give up the motorcycle riding and travel by air conditioned plane like the rest of the band. Just stop and think how tired and exhausted riding a motorcycle with full riding gear in 90 degree heat would make even a young person. Even though he is not pedaling like a bicycle those long motorcycle rides are physically AND mentally exhausting.(trying to keep yourself alive on a motorcycle)

Neil would usually get a half hour to hour nap at the venue and then have to play a demanding 3 hour Rush show followed by too few hours of sleep to get up and do it all over again. I know that Neil says the motorcycling makes a tour more interesting, but it had to take a major toll at his age. No wonder he says he's burnt out on touring. Imagine the difference if you were conserving ALL of your energy for the show and staying in cool environments throughout the day.

Neil is Neil though and I would never expect him to come around to this point of view. haha

It's folks like yourself that keep NP in a perpetual state of anxiety, butting into areas you don't belong.

As a quantum realist, Neil's retired. Get over it. Quit trying to live vicariously through him and chart your own destiny.

But thats Impossibilium since Rush would not tour with me nor could I play their drums

What? LOL! You totally missed the mark. I don't even care if they tour again. I was just making an observation that those long rides that Neil does makes his on stage work much harder at his age. Nothing less, nothing more.

Edited by presto123