Time Machine Tour

Lorraine

2 new songs and they wanted to play live rather than be stuck in the studio.

Moving Pictures 30th anniversary means $$$

Those are probably the big two reasons. I'm not complaining. I saw them three times on the Time Machine Tour and it was a freakin' blast.

• Like 4

Geddy said they were going to do 6,000 songs that night. Must've been some concert.

Great topic!

I was there also, probably best seats I was ever able to get, 4th row right in front of Alex :) Never was able to get front row :(

They toured then cuz Ged knew Neil was about five years from retirement and they needed to squeeze all they could outta him!

• Like 2

Geddy makes playing the bass look so effortless and easy.

Geddy said they were going to do 6,000 songs that night. Must've been some concert.

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/98519-i-hate-geddy-geddy-sucks-stupid-geddy/

stooopid Geddy

• Like 2

2 new songs and they wanted to play live rather than be stuck in the studio.

Moving Pictures 30th anniversary means $$$

Those are probably the big two reasons. I'm not complaining. I saw them three times on the Time Machine Tour and it was a freakin' blast.

I agree - I think they said as much that they wanted to tour off the two new songs, with the possibility of those being the sole releases, because they were questioning if albums were even viable nowadays. But once they decided to expand the idea into the CA album, they figured touring would get them in shape for the studio and from everything I have read and seen, it was successful. They played amazing on the CA tour.

And yes that tour was a blast. :-)

• Like 1

I wonder how hard it was for them to do that polka intro to La Villa?

Like, technically or the will to actually do it?

I'm sure they had no problems making fun of their own material as they often do anyway :LOL:

You can be the captain, but to my captain, you're no captain!

Edited by BowlCity

I'm sure they had no problems making fun of their own material as they often do anyway :LOL:

Technically. I know they have no problem poking fun at themselves.

I see they did Working Man at a different tempo (beat?) too. Al really went to town on this one! :wub:

------------------------------------------------------------------

That was a good concert. I enjoyed watching that bootleg. Tapehead knows who to focus on and when to do it.

Edited by Lorraine

The reason other than money was the anniversary of the Moving Pictures album and they were playing it in full.
  • Like 2

I was wondering because they had just finished the Snakes tour. Looks like they took about a year off, then back out on the road again. And the TM tour was closely followed by the CA tour. Busy boys.

I'm more than pretty sure that they were building up cash for retirement. Everyone knew the end was coming, but didn't know when. The final tour was supposed to be a big chance for the organization to rake in some serious cash. However, when Neil dictated... oh wait. Never mind! :P

• Like 2

Don't you think it was hard for Geddy to sing a song in an accent? He's quite good no matter what accent he chooses to imitate.

I called him a performer the other day, and this is part of the reason why I call him that. He's just a multi-talented man.

Don't you think it was hard for Geddy to sing a song in an accent? He's quite good no matter what accent he chooses to imitate.

I called him a performer the other day, and this is part of the reason why I call him that. He's just a multi-talented man.

I don't know. He's brilliant at that Yiddish/Eastern European type accent.

His Scottish one is also funny...what's THAT smell?

• Like 1

I don't know. He's brilliant at that Yiddish/Eastern European type accent.

His Scottish one is also funny...what's THAT smell?

he just imitates his mother!

• Like 1

I know many said money and their is truth to that. But also i believe they truly wanted a good experience for the fans to help celebrate the anniv of this album. MP put them in the money so to speak and was one of there creative triumphs. So yes money was a factor but i think they considered there fans as well..
  • Like 3

I know many said money and their is truth to that. But also i believe they truly wanted a good experience for the fans to help celebrate the anniv of this album. MP put them in the money so to speak and was one of there creative triumphs. So yes money was a factor but i think they considered there fans as well..

I write like a child on codeine cough syrup lol

• Like 4

I thought the reason they did this tour was so my brother and I would finally have the opportunity to see them live from the front row.

Wow nice

I thought the reason they did this tour was so my brother and I would finally have the opportunity to see them live from the front row.

Wow nice

Front row Alex's side at the Syracuse state fair grandstand.

I bought the tickets on StubHub. At the time we were shorthanded at work and I was working a bunch of overtime, so I had a bit of extra money. So, when I went looking for tickets and saw the front row ones I figured what the hell, i've got the money and this chance may not come again.

Now, I look back and think how crazy it was that I paid that much but at the time it made so much sense. I don't regret for a second getting them though.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 4

Honestly I'm thinking the probably got bored from not playing and wanted to take advantage of their opportunity to tour before they hit sixty. More tours ain't a bad thing. I hear some crazies actually buy the DVD's. :smoke:
  • Like 2