Favorite song(s) used in a commercial

Rutlefan

Sorry if this has been done before; wasn't on the first page of the search results so I gave up looking further.

One of my favorite songs ever, used in some color copier ad a few years ago. My nephews got a kick out of it because I had often played Village Green Preservation Society when they were little and they would wait for this song because of the "Scooby Dooby Doo" lines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7encWb7lNQ

The Wedding Present used this song to open the show on the Take Fountain tour. Amazing live, builds to a massive wall of sound. Was really taken aback when I saw it used for the "We're back from the dead" GM commercial following their bailout. Seemed kind of surreal watching UAW assembly line workers, little leaguers, cranes flying against a sunset, unicorns frolicking in a meadow, etc etc to a My Bloody Valentine-esque anthem to a relationship gone really really bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjNeycs0IjI

Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 1

Somebody To Love - Queen, that recent Super Bowl commercial with the singing sheep

Dream On - Aerosmith, the skittles commercial with Steven Tyler's skittles portrait

The Hellion - Judas Priest, a commercial for the Honda Oddesey from at least five years back

The Final Countdown - Europe, the recent Progressive insurance commercial featuring the band and the song

Mercy - Muse, a recentish commercial for one of the latest Batman video games, later in 2015

Another One Bites The Dust - Queen, some recent commercial, I forget which exactly, I think it was for the Super Bowl

You're My Best Friend - Queen, another recent commercial I have no recollection for what but it plays often in my area right now

• Like 1