• Like 1

I only have a bottom five.

1. Available Light

2. Roll The Bones

3. Time Stand Still

4. New World Man

5. Vital Signs

f***ing A.....really? LOL.

Hey to each his/her own. But far from their worst....like light years away from their worst. This is message board shtick right?

OK.

First, I haven't listened to much past Signals, and most of the hated stuff comes after it.

Secondly, I actually like all songs on Caress of Steel (Including I Think I'm Going Bald! Ignore the lyrics and you've got a nice song)

Thirdly, Dog Years isn't that bad.

As for why I hate each song.

Vital Signs- Weak attempt at Police-style reggae, and I hate The Police

New World Man- Same, but worse

Time Stand Still- Bland, generic, '80s pop

Roll The Bones- Rap section is garbage

Available Light- Extremely bland attempt at jazz, coupled with a bland, cheesy chorus.

I enjoy Dog Years, Tai Shan, High Water...most of the ones you see listed typically. Go check my list. It's quite short....but those songs a absolute clunkers.

Like I said...to each his/her own. I just find serious high quality on those songs and IMO far far from their worst. I feel most of their worst comes from pre 2112 LOL.

But thanks for giving some reasons.....I can understand not liking tunes. Music is subjective. Your list was shocking though.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 1

I only have a bottom five.

1. Available Light

2. Roll The Bones

3. Time Stand Still

4. New World Man

5. Vital Signs

f***ing A.....really? LOL.

Hey to each his/her own. But far from their worst....like light years away from their worst. This is message board shtick right?

OK.

First, I haven't listened to much past Signals, and most of the hated stuff comes after it.

Secondly, I actually like all songs on Caress of Steel (Including I Think I'm Going Bald! Ignore the lyrics and you've got a nice song)

Thirdly, Dog Years isn't that bad.

As for why I hate each song.

Vital Signs- Weak attempt at Police-style reggae, and I hate The Police

New World Man- Same, but worse

Time Stand Still- Bland, generic, '80s pop

Roll The Bones- Rap section is garbage

Available Light- Extremely bland attempt at jazz, coupled with a bland, cheesy chorus.

I enjoy Dog Years, Tai Shan, High Water...most of the ones you see listed typically. Go check my list. It's quite short....but those songs a absolute clunkers.

Like I said...to each his/her own. I just find serious high quality on those songs and IMO far far from their worst. I feel most of their worst comes from pre 2112 LOL.

But thanks for giving some reasons.....I can understand not liking tunes. Music is subjective. Your list was shocking though.

The explanation does help, and isn't too far off. But...I love the Police, and jazz...and the themes of Time Stand Still.

Roll the Bomes I hated until R40.

Bottom 10?

I'll try.

By-Tor and the Snow Dog

Entre Nous

Second Nature

Tai Shan

Superconductor (its placement right after Presto is unforgivable)

Nobody's Hero

Cut to the Chase (this song does not cut to the chase)

Alien Shore

Half the World

The Larger Bowl

Too much good music on that list. Just my simple opinion.

• Like 1

Bottom 10?

I'll try.

By-Tor and the Snow Dog

Entre Nous

Second Nature

Tai Shan

Nobody's Hero

Alien Shore

Half the World

The Larger Bowl

I'm going to give this list a listen right now...well except Tai Shan and Superconductor. They're just lousy.

Bottom 10?

I'll try.

By-Tor and the Snow Dog

Entre Nous

Second Nature

Tai Shan

Nobody's Hero

Alien Shore

Half the World

The Larger Bowl

I decided not to include some of the obviously "bad" songs because I find that hatred for them is overblown. I can skip a song that just doesn't do much for me. I find it a bit harder to forgive a song that's ok or good but offends me, or a song that Rush themselves were very proud of that is crap.

By-Tor is well-loved and I just don't feel the same way.

Entre Nous might not deserve to be on this list, in all honesty, but it's just an awkward song and they liked it enough to play it while neglecting Different Strings.

Second Nature's placement on this list comes from my immediately negative reaction to the "it ought to be second nature..." and "folks gotta make choices..." lyrics. And the chorus is weak.

Tai Shan... might not deserve to be on this list either, because everybody hates it, but it's Tai Shan.

Superconductor was already explained. I've mentioned before that I don't hate this song, I just hate what it did to Presto.

Nobody's Hero is clunky and has awkward lyrics. I hate this song. It's better live.

Cut to the Chase is, again, not terrible musically, but the lyrics suck and they're too ironic for me.

Alien Shore is the worst pro-feminist song.

Half the World: meh

The Larger Bowl is offensive to me.

Edited by Day of Light

How was the playlist, John?

We can't agree on By-Tor.

I love-love Entre Nous so I skipped it.

I enjoyed revisiting Second Nature.

Tai Shan and Superconductor belong on the list so I skipped them.

Nobody's Hero I still enjoy awkward lyrics and all.

Cut to the Chase was all right.

Alien Shore starts strong but quickly takes me someplace I'm not interested in going to.

It's late I'll hit up the last two songs tomorrow.

• Like 1

How on earth is The Larger Bowl offensive?

:huh:

It sounds like it was written by a 12-year-old who just discovered the term "social inequality". It manages to be both pessimistic and superficial.

It also sounds like Neil's trying to justify being rich to his listeners. While I don't care, and I kind of understand the apologetic sentiment behind the song, I don't think it's very nice of him. That's just my opinion.

Edited by Day of Light
  • Like 1

This is tough to answer....I like just about everything RUSH but since I seem to have a distaste towards the album S&A (it's at the bottom of the album list) I gather songs from that one.