Rush in RRHoF Museum

apetersvt

I love Lady Gaga, Beyonce, etc... but how on Earth are they rock n' roll artists?

Same. Two pop artists I think are wonderful. Mostly as performers. Although Beyoncé's debut Dangerously In Love is one of my all time favourite albums.

I'm not sure you fully understand the meaning of 'favourite' as you over use it and variations of it all the time.

I don't see why my list of precious albums has to be restricted to a small number.

And countless times I have said Dangerously In Love is a top twenty album for me. Frequently listed it many times.

I love Lady Gaga, Beyonce, etc... but how on Earth are they rock n' roll artists?

Same. Two pop artists I think are wonderful. Mostly as performers. Although Beyoncé's debut Dangerously In Love is one of my all time favourite albums.

I'm not sure you fully understand the meaning of 'favourite' as you over use it and variations of it all the time.

I don't see why my list of precious albums has to be restricted to a small number.

And countless times I have said Dangerously In Love is a top twenty album for me. Frequently listed it many times.

The definition of favourite is "preferred to all others of the same kind." Mind you, I've no idea what the children's dictionary definition is.

You always have to be rude. I never have an issue answering anything you ask, so not sure why you had to bring up "children's dictionary". But never mind. Moving on...

I do agree I use the term "favourite" a lot more than I perhaps should.

But I am also passionate about a lot of music. I also choose not to rag on about all the stuff I do not like so more often than not all you see is me praising stuff.

Does it never occur to you that by posting this childish nonsense you are the one being rude and disrespectful?

The definition of favourite is "preferred to all others of the same kind." Mind you, I've no idea what the children's dictionary definition is.

You always have to be rude. I never have an issue answering anything you ask, so not sure why you had to bring up "children's dictionary". But never mind. Moving on...

But I am also passionate about a lot of music. I also choose not to rag on about all the stuff I do not like so more often than not all you see is me praising stuff.

Does it never occur to you that by posting this childish nonsense you are the one being rude and disrespectful?

I never said you were childish.

And I took you off my ignore list and until today had been enjoying your posts. So I think I shall just resume ignoring you.

I never said you were childish.

And I took you off my ignore list and until today had been enjoying your posts. So I think I shall just resume ignoring you.

Good. Naff off!

who is he being rude and disrespectful to?

i could see annoying, but rude and disrespectful seems a bit harsh!

• Like 1

Maybe someone can explain how the RnR hall works. Why exactly would Rush or any other artist who's been inducted, not have a display of some kind up in the hall? Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

Maybe someone can explain how the RnR hall works. Why exactly would Rush or any other artist who's been inducted, not have a display of some kind up in the hall?

Every artist from the current class did have a display set up. In the main hall, it is pretty much the first thing you come to (the section of the current class). So, I guess it is set up for a year and then gets put down for the next year's class.

Pretty much everything in there is donated (and the displays mention who it is who graciously loaned the item. For instance, one of the Jimi Hendrix strats is in there courtesy of John Mayer) and rotates around as people bring stuff in and out.

Unfortunately, there is only so much room to display stuff, and they chose to display stuff from plenty of pop/non-rock commercial acts as opposed to the true legends of rock and roll.

• Like 2

Maybe someone can explain how the RnR hall works. Why exactly would Rush or any other artist who's been inducted, not have a display of some kind up in the hall?

Every artist from the current class did have a display set up. In the main hall, it is pretty much the first thing you come to (the section of the current class). So, I guess it is set up for a year and then gets put down for the next year's class.

Pretty much everything in there is donated (and the displays mention who it is who graciously loaned the item. For instance, one of the Jimi Hendrix strats is in there courtesy of John Mayer) and rotates around as people bring stuff in and out.

Unfortunately, there is only so much room to display stuff, and they chose to display stuff from plenty of pop/non-rock commercial acts as opposed to the true legends of rock and roll.

Good explanation. :goodone: I have been there but I'm still disappointed I didn't get to see Janis Joplin's Porsche 356 because of their rotating exhibits. Her brother and sister lent it to the RRHoF for over 20 yrs to display. Unfortunately, her family decided to auction it at Sotheby's right before Christmas.

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/janis_joplin_porsche_131235.jpg http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/6778980-3x4-700x933_1.jpg

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

Who's in the pic in your sig?

Who's in the pic in your sig?

It's from 2/11/70 at the Fillmore East. It includes pretty much everyone from the Grateful Dead and The Allman Brothers as well as Mick Fleetwood and Peter Green.

• Like 2

For those of you that don't know, the sale of the Janis Joplin Porsche was a large part of an episode of a TV show called Chasing Classic Cars that runs on the Velocity Network (part of the Discovery family of channels). Highly recommend seeing if you can find a repeat and watch it. Went for 1.3 million IIRC. Edited by driventotheedge