Band of the week

djflex

Not much love for ELP ? How PROG are you ?

I don't define myself to the count of any one genre, thank you very much.

However, I have spun the debut three times the last week! Love it!

Edited by Segue Myles

I had planned on participating this week but I have had a crazy week. I am traveling tomorrow and will be gone for six days. I can listen to some music while I am driving so maybe...I tend to listen to books while driving and I am involved with a good one...decisions, decisions.

I have actually not listened to much ELP so I will make an effort to look some up and give them a listen even if it's not this week. Where is the best place to start?

Edited by catherine

I had planned on participating this week but I have had a crazy week. I am traveling tomorrow and will be gone for six days. I can listen to some music while I am driving so maybe...I tend to listen to books while driving and I am involved with a good one...decisions, decisions.

I have actually not listened to much ELP so I will make an effort to look some up and give them a listen even if it's not this week. Where is the best place to start?

Just like the song...

From The Beginning.

Just like the song...

From The Beginning.

Just like the song...

From The Beginning.

Well that is my tendency but I thought I would ask in case there was a better plan out there. ;)

Just like the song...

From The Beginning.

Well that is my tendency but I thought I would ask in case there was a better plan out there. ;)

The debut is my favourite.

• Like 1

Just like the song...

From The Beginning.

Sounds like the consensus is to start at the debut then. :D

Just like the song...

From The Beginning.

Woowoowoo!

• Like 1

Just like the song...

From The Beginning.

Woowoowoo!

Its not my favorite in fact it may be my least favorite, but like Queen its the best place to start. Bands like this have to be followed gradually.

• Like 1

Just like the song...

From The Beginning.

Woowoowoo!

Its not my favorite in fact it may be my least favorite, but like Queen its the best place to start. Bands like this have to be followed gradually.

Maybe...but the debut album to my ears will always sound like a classic album. Even if the other albums do grow on me.

So what´s the band of the current week!?!?!?!

Good question....

How about iron maiden?

This weeks band is :

Iron Maiden

As selected by myself

• Like 2

Good question....

How about iron maiden?

I´m all for it! But hey, make sure you include a few listens to the Psycho Motel stuff...I dug both albums out today, and they sound even better these days than they did when they were released! Two very different efforts with two different singers. One is more 70´s rock oriented, and the second album is post-grunge/metal. Adrian really shines on both releases.

• Like 1

There are things you can only see in Brazil and at a Maiden concert - a guy crowdsurfing in a wheelchair was spotted a few days ago as they played in Belo Horizonte. Check out Bruce mentioning that around 04:31 and again at 05:30:

Good question....

How about iron maiden?

I´m all for it! But hey, make sure you include a few listens to the Psycho Motel stuff...I dug both albums out today, and they sound even better these days than they did when they were released! Two very different efforts with two different singers. One is more 70´s rock oriented, and the second album is post-grunge/metal. Adrian really shines on both releases.

May be a week before i even get the one i ordered

You have Maiden. For me it's gonna be a Dokken/Foreigner kind of week methinks!
  • Like 1

You have Maiden. For me it's gonna be a Dokken/Foreigner kind of week methinks!

Maybe one of those two can be next week´s band? I know very little of both...

Actually I might have all three! Eighties metal ftw!

Wait...did I just call Foreigner metal? My bad!