I Want To Share The Meaning of Life With You All....O

Tick

Being the holidays, its a happy time for some, and very difficult and depressing for others.

I joke around a lot because that's my coping mechanism for life. I am been pondering the question lately...

What does it all mean? What is the very meaning of our existence and life in general?

I have come to the conclusion that its most important meaning is giving our love unselfishly to those we love. Showing compassion for those we sometimes don't understand. Being truly thankful for the love others show us.

Without it, nothing else holds any real meaning.

God bless you as we close out another year, and best wishes for the coming year ahead.

Love, and appreciate love given.

• Like 19

Being the holidays, its a happy time for some, and very difficult and depressing for others.

I joke around a lot because that's my coping mechanism for life. I am been pondering the question lately...

What does it all mean? What is the very meaning of our existence and life in general?

I have come to the conclusion that its most important meaning is giving our love unselfishly to those we love. Showing compassion for those we sometimes don't understand. Being truly thankful for the love others show us.

God bless you as we close out another year, and best wishes for the coming year ahead.

I could have written your post myself. In fact, I just wrote something kind of similar in the "Tell Someone You Love Them" thread.

My coping mechanism is to joke and laugh too. Without my sense of humor, I'd be a goner for sure. But even that is wearing thin these days. I don't have much left, nor do I have the desire, to prolong the agony any more.

Be grateful there is love in your life. No amount of money can buy that.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 7

Tick, thanks for writing what you did, and thank you for your honesty. :hug2:

So many seek to find meaning in things that really don't matter. In the end its clear what is most important of all.

• Like 2

:goodone: Beautiful post man! :cheers:

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas Tick!

• Like 2

I want to post something better than Tick has here but he's got me this time, so I'll just have to skulk out of the thread a beaten man...

:outtahere:

Just think about how wonderful the world would be if more people subscribed to that philosophy that Tick just outlined.
  • Like 3

I can echo Tick's sentiments as well. The holidays are much different from what they were when I was younger- for various reasons that are both good and not so good. But I still love this time of year.

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it...and kind affections to all who don't, as well.

• Like 3

That was hilarious!

:laughing guy:

• Like 1

I don't really think there's a meaning to life except to exist and reproduce.

And diss good bass players! :hi:

Yeah, but only if they're just "good." :P

I don't really think there's a meaning to life except to exist and reproduce.

And diss good bass players! :hi:

Yeah, but only if they're just "good." :P

Good is too good for you. :codger:

Just not my cup of Earl Grey, hot.

• Like 1

It's in my sig. We are Here to HELP each other, NOT HARM each other. This goes along with Tick's sentiments. I try not to hurt anyone, it just doesn't feel right. Joking is my Defense mech also.... but what I'm trying for in being NON-JUDGEMENTAL. Don't LABEL someone who is DIFFERENT as being 'strange'. or seperate them from getting love from me because they aren't exactly like me. If everyone on Earth did this I think we'd have a MUCH BETTER SOCIETY FOR US ALL! I love you all, happy life time all of you! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3jgmySKsNg

My Favorite RUSH song, just to celebrate the good feelings.....

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 2

:clap: :goodone:

It's in my sig. We are Here to HELP each other, NOT HARM each other. This goes along with Tick's sentiments. I try not to hurt anyone, it just doesn't feel right. Joking is my Defense mech also.... but what I'm trying for in being NON-JUDGEMENTAL. Don't LABEL someone who is DIFFERENT as being 'strange'. or seperate them from getting love from me because they aren't exactly like me. If everyone on Earth did this I think we'd have a MUCH BETTER SOCIETY FOR US ALL! I love you all, happy life time all of you! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

:clap: :cheers:

• Like 1

:clap: :cheers:

Thanks, Lyndsey! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Thank%20you%20bowing%20%20etc/Thank%20you%20Bowing.gif

I definitely agree with the sentiments. There was a movie with Michael Crane and Demi Moore where they stole these diamonds from a huge bank. Then, he sold them and gave the $ to Demi Moore. She, in turn, gave it all away. Two or three times in the movie the question was raised : "Are you a giver or a taker". Good stuff.

I can tell you one thing that I learned since my mom died. Material possessions don't amount to a hill of beans. All of her clothes and jewelry is still sitting in the bedroom in my parents house. It is completely and utterly worthless and useless. Relationships and quality time spent together are all that matter.

• Like 5

I definitely agree with the sentiments. There was a movie with Michael Crane and Demi Moore where they stole these diamonds from a huge bank. Then, he sold them and gave the $ to Demi Moore. She, in turn, gave it all away. Two or three times in the movie the question was raised : "Are you a giver or a taker". Good stuff.

I can tell you one thing that I learned since my mom died. Material possessions don't amount to a hill of beans. All of her clothes and jewelry is still sitting in the bedroom in my parents house. It is completely and utterly worthless and useless. Relationships and quality time spent together are all that matter.

Absolutely, Aikenrooster.

I'm a bit of an existentialist. Most of the things we spend our daily lives worried about are meaningless in the grand scheme of the universe. The only real thing I care about is loved ones especially kids.
  • Like 2