I Want To Share The Meaning of Life With You All....O

Tick

I definitely agree with the sentiments. There was a movie with Michael Crane and Demi Moore where they stole these diamonds from a huge bank. Then, he sold them and gave the $ to Demi Moore. She, in turn, gave it all away. Two or three times in the movie the question was raised : "Are you a giver or a taker". Good stuff.

I can tell you one thing that I learned since my mom died. Material possessions don't amount to a hill of beans. All of her clothes and jewelry is still sitting in the bedroom in my parents house. It is completely and utterly worthless and useless. Relationships and quality time spent together are all that matter.

Your post about your mother made me think of John Entwistle. He spent his whole life collecting valuable bass guitars. When he died, they auctioned them all off.

"In the evening of life, you will be judged on love alone."

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

I definitely agree with the sentiments. There was a movie with Michael Crane and Demi Moore where they stole these diamonds from a huge bank. Then, he sold them and gave the $ to Demi Moore. She, in turn, gave it all away. Two or three times in the movie the question was raised : "Are you a giver or a taker". Good stuff.

I can tell you one thing that I learned since my mom died. Material possessions don't amount to a hill of beans. All of her clothes and jewelry is still sitting in the bedroom in my parents house. It is completely and utterly worthless and useless. Relationships and quality time spent together are all that matter.

Your post about your mother made me think of John Entwistle. He spent his whole life collecting valuable bass guitars. When he died, they auctioned them all off.

John lived beyond his means. I think it was Pete that said that he lived like he had a lot of money even when he didn't. He had that gigantic castle type house that took a lot of money to run as well. I have the book of his basses/guitars that he put out quite a few years ago. Fascinating to look through it. Lots of money went into buying those.

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 2

I don't really think there's a meaning to life except to exist and reproduce.

The meaning of my life is to exist, have fun and love while doing so, and not reproduce! :P

• Like 2

John lived beyond his means. I think it was Pete that said that he lived like he had a lot of money even when he didn't. He had that gigantic castle type house that took a lot of money to run as well. I have the book of his basses/guitars that he put out quite a few years ago. Fascinating to look through it. Lots of money went into buying those.

Weren´t they planning one last Who tour to help him pay his mortgage just before he died?

Weren´t they planning one last Who tour to help him pay his mortgage just before he died?

Yeah. Such a shame.

I'm a bit of an existentialist. Most of the things we spend our daily lives worried about are meaningless in the grand scheme of the universe. The only real thing I care about is loved ones especially kids.

The moment to moment interactions with others are what truly matters. Did I choose to make things better? Did I spread joy and love? Did I do the right thing? Did I let go of things that just don't matter? Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Science, for all of its supposed Know all Be all-ness hasn't really told us, nor can it, what and why we are here. No god has been confirmed, just someone's claim to have spoken to a entity of some sort. I've experienced things I can't explain, nor can anyone else with any degree of certainty...Broken Record, again, but we are here to HELP and UNDERSTAND our differences, and NOT TO HURT each other.....that is my belief. :banana:

We all walk our own paths and I don't preach but for for me personally, no belief in God renders life completely void of any meaning at all.
  • Like 1