Which album group do you prefer?

AnEggplant

50 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Caress of Steel, 2112, A Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres
    • Signals, Grace Under Pressure, Power Windows, Hold your Fire

Batch one!

I could live without Signals and Power Windows.

But not any of seventies releases you picked!

My least fave of batch one (Hemispheres) is better than half of batch two! And as much as I love Hold Your Fire, if I had to choose between the two 10/10's, my vote would be AFTK!

• Like 1

Good grief. Easy one... :codger:

Yes, this was an easy one

The only 4 album span that would cause me to pause and think would be The Debut, Fly By Night, Caress Of Steel and 2112 vs A Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres, Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures

I would really need to give that one some time

I would chose AFK to MP. That would not be difficult for me to decide. I think the first few were great but they were still developing and the first one in particular is almost a different band entirely(from a stylistic standpoint at least). By the time MP was released the band had set out to do what they wanted to do on their own terms and it was more or less the end of their traditional prog phase. I like all eras of the band but their late seventies to early 80's is my favorite. It's kind of weird they were making music that way then because for the most part prog was being phased out of the music industry. Someone explained to me once that they got away with it because they appealed to the hard rock/heavy metal crowd at the same time. To this day I bet there's a lot of RUSH fans who have Judas Priest, Metallica and Iron Maiden in their collection but little or no Genesis, ELP, YES, King Crimson etc.

Edited by New_World_Man

Good grief. Easy one... :codger:

Yes, this was an easy one

The only 4 album span that would cause me to pause and think would be The Debut, Fly By Night, Caress Of Steel and 2112 vs A Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres, Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures

I would really need to give that one some time

I would chose AFK to MP. That would not be difficult for me to decide. I think the first few were great but they were still developing and the first one in particular is almost a different band entirely(from a stylistic standpoint at least). By the time MP was released the band had set out to do what they wanted to do on their own terms and it was more or less the end of their traditional prog phase. I like all eras of the band but their late seventies to early 80's is my favorite. It's kind of weird they were making music that way then because for the most part prog was being phased out of the music industry. Someone explained to me once that they got away with it because they appealed to the hard rock/heavy metal crowd at the same time. To this day I bet there's a lot of RUSH fans who have Judas Priest, Metallica and Iron Maiden in their collection but little or no Genesis, ELP, YES, King Crimson etc.

I must have 2112 in my top 4. It would be 2112 - Permanent Waves easy. As far as the rest of the bands you mention I have a mixture. This is all 70's of course. Tons of Yes, Priest, Scorpions, AC/DC, UFO and (all of) Zeppelin and one ELP, among other bands of course. No King Crimson, Metallica (obviously), Iron Maiden or Genesis of the ones you mentioned...
  • Like 1

I'm going with the '70s block here, as much as I hate Caress of Steel. Xanadu, 2112, Cygnus X-1 Book I, and La Villa Strangiato are 4 of my top 5 Rush songs, so…
  • Like 1

Hey Egg, how about a 3 vs 3 vs 3 poll ??

Debut, Fly By Night, Caress Of Steel

2112, A Farewell To Kings, Hemispheres

Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures, Signals

That seems like a better grouping.. 3's a better number too plus you don't exclude PeW & MP

Oh and put me down for 2112-Hemi! ;)

Edited by MMCXII
  • Like 2