Things not looking good for 'X3'

Jack Aubrey

My interpretation of the last line of the article was that the movie sucks so badly, that they are trying to rewrite the script. Yet the pressure for them to put out the movie was so great, they went ahead and started filming without a script. In other words, the movie will stink to high heaven.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 29 2005, 06:42 PM)
QUOTE (Signals1982 @ Aug 29 2005, 07:20 PM)
I wish Bryan Singer was still doing these films.

Absolutely. yes.gif I have little confidence in Brett Ratner. His two "Rush Hour" films and "Red Dragon" were uninspiring.

are you kidding? the rush hours are like two of my fav movies! especially the first one.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Aug 29 2005, 08:20 PM)
My interpretation of the last line of the article was that the movie sucks so badly, that they are trying to rewrite the script. Yet the pressure for them to put out the movie was so great, they went ahead and started filming without a script. In other words, the movie will stink to high heaven.

One of the articles that I read suggested that one of the head studio execs is fast-tracking the X3 movie so that it will be competing head-to-head against Singer's Superman flick......some sort of pissing match because Singer jumped ship.

I'll bet my family fortune that Singer's movie slaughters the X3 movie which sounds like a trainwreck waiting to happen (although I should point out that my family fortune consists mainly of debt).

Edited by Bastille Night

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Sep 2 2005, 05:18 AM)
I've said it once, and i'll say it again, BRING BACK GAMBIT!!!!

Then the movie will be a hit.

For him to be "BACK" would mean that he had been "IN" before tongue.gif. Although he was kinda 'in' in X2. Anyone catch it? Besides, the other X movies were hits without him.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 1 2005, 08:24 PM)

For him to be "BACK" would mean that he had been "IN" before tongue.gif. Although he was kinda 'in' in X2. Anyone catch it? Besides, the other X movies were hits without him.

He was in the TV series, wasn't he??? Therefore, he can be brought back!!!!! laugh.gif

Honestly, he really was the coolest of all of them (Come on, razor sharp playing cards!!!!) and the other two would have been bigger hits had Gambit been in there. No wonder they call the movies 'X' instead of X-men, they can't call it that without Gambit!

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Sep 2 2005, 06:32 AM)

He was in the TV series, wasn't he??? Therefore, he can be brought back!!!!! laugh.gif

Honestly, he really was the coolest of all of them (Come on, razor sharp playing cards!!!!) and the other two would have been bigger hits had Gambit been in there. No wonder they call the movies 'X' instead of X-men, they can't call it that without Gambit!

Ok, they're not razor sharp playing cards. They are regualr playing cards he charges with kinetic energy and flings at whoever is pissing him off. As for X-3, everyone was dumping on X-2 because the script was supposed to suck. We all know how X-2 went, so why not put aside all the BS until the movie is made. And then we can tear is to shreds.

I have one simple request for the makers of X-3: No more new X-men. You have more than enough characters to work with to make the movie interesting. In fact, if the writers are smart they'll be bold and push Wolverine, whose conflicts have been resolved, to the background and focus more on the others.

Edited by Cyclops

QUOTE (Cyclops @ Sep 3 2005, 09:43 AM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Sep 2 2005, 06:32 AM)

Ok, they're not razor sharp playing cards. They are regualr playing cards he charges with kinetic energy and flings at whoever is pissing him off. As for X-3, everyone was dumping on X-2 because the script was supposed to suck. We all know how X-2 went, so why not put aside all the BS until the movie is made. And then we can tear is to shreds.

I have one simple request for the makers of X-3: No more new X-men. You have more than enough characters to work with to make the movie interesting. In fact, if the writers are smart they'll be bold and push Wolverine, whose conflicts have been resolved, to the background and focus more on the others.

I totally agree with 'ya. However, from what I read, it looks like there are gonna be tons of new mutants. If they were smart, they'd focus (and should've focused) A LOT more on Cyclops' character. Wolverine may be X-Men's poster boy but Cyclops is THE original X-man. But even with minimal focus on him I still liked the X movies...especially X2.

Yeah, I agree with you there. Gambit is the best X-Man by far. He's so cool.