Quickly! Name Your Top Five Guitar Players Of All Time! Favorite Or Best! It Doesn't Matter!

RUSHHEAD666

Anastasio

Machine gun Trey. The master of tension and release.

Dude channels the power of the cosmos. Not even kidding.

Not sure how far back you go but Divided Sky at the Gorge at sunset, the sun fading behind the stage over the ridge, must have been either 97 or 99. EPIC!!!

I'm lost

I've seen a lot of bands, good and bad, but some of the music I have seen Phish play has truly transcended space and time. I've seen them on fire and I've seen them play very meditative and it all makes sense once you share in the groove.

That's incredible DD! You and I have more in common than not in my mind. I tried the Phish thing years ago. Couldn't get into them.

I always liked that one album cover with the dude laying in bed. The colors are like a dark blue purple.

I bought that album just based on the album cover. Sadly the music failed.

I fell in love with hundreds of bands just thanks to the album art.

It's all one hell of a hit or miss!

I'm a hit baby!

Sadly Phish is a miss.

I hear ya, thats my, maybe 2nd favorite Phish album, but it wasn't the one that got me into them. It was A Live One. They must be experienced live. If I had only heard a studio album I probably wouldn't have gotten into them.

Ok so I get it. Phish is a jam band. A Grateful Dead stoner jam band for the modern age?

I hate the Dead.

As you know I'm a RUSHHEAD. Not a frigging boring stoned out loser DEADHEAD.

Are they like Dave Matthews Band? I hate them too but I admire Carter Beauford. What a wonderful drummer. Did he get any love on the Drummer Top 5 Thread?

Oh...NO, dont even give them the same breath. Yah Carter is a mofo for sure. I liked LeRoi too but, no.

Anastasio

Not sure how far back you go but Divided Sky at the Gorge at sunset, the sun fading behind the stage over the ridge, must have been either 97 or 99. EPIC!!!

I'm lost

I've seen a lot of bands, good and bad, but some of the music I have seen Phish play has truly transcended space and time. I've seen them on fire and I've seen them play very meditative and it all makes sense once you share in the groove.

That's incredible DD! You and I have more in common than not in my mind. I tried the Phish thing years ago. Couldn't get into them.

I always liked that one album cover with the dude laying in bed. The colors are like a dark blue purple.

I bought that album just based on the album cover. Sadly the music failed.

I fell in love with hundreds of bands just thanks to the album art.

It's all one hell of a hit or miss!

I'm a hit baby!

Sadly Phish is a miss.

I hear ya, thats my, maybe 2nd favorite Phish album, but it wasn't the one that got me into them. It was A Live One. They must be experienced live. If I had only heard a studio album I probably wouldn't have gotten into them.

Ok so I get it. Phish is a jam band. A Grateful Dead stoner jam band for the modern age?

I hate the Dead.

As you know I'm a RUSHHEAD. Not a frigging boring stoned out loser DEADHEAD.

Are they like Dave Matthews Band? I hate them too but I admire Carter Beauford. What a wonderful drummer. Did he get any love on the Drummer Top 5 Thread?

Oh...NO, dont even give them the same breath. Yah Carter is a mofo for sure. I liked LeRoi too but, no.

HAHAHA! Fair enough! I knew you would agree about Carter! I hate Dave Matthews. Overrated whiner. Annoys the crap out of me!

These days I'd listen tot eh Dead long before i'd listen to Phish.

Cool man! Mickey Hart!

Ehhh screw Mickey, Bill Kreutzman is the man. When it was Jerry, Bob, Phil, Keith and Bill it was really the best.

Hahahaha! I only know Mickey because I'm a drummer! I could care less brother! I own no Dead. I have never been to a Dead show.

The keyboard player's ex wife of the Dead lived next door to my parents. She was the widow of the dude who died on a cocaine overdose I think.

Dude, We had a DEAD END sign on our street. When she moved there someone took some spray paint and made is say DEAD HEAD.

I thought it was classic even though at the time I thought the band was shite.

Wait!! I still do!!!!

Ed Wynne is a fantastic guitarist and has acknowledged the brilliance of Steve Hillage.

I'm convinced Ozric's music helped bring Hillage back to his old style after years in the Dance Music scene

with System 7.

The Steve Hillage band is back.

Ed is into steve vai too. like i said earlier i am going to hillage another try.

I talked with ed briefly after the last gig. I met jumping john and zia in denver back in the early 2000's.

I looked to bump my old ozrics thread here but could not find it.

me and ed talked about holdsworth and hillage. nice guy. everyone was cool but for some reason ed's kid wouldnt talk to me.

• Like 2

Anastasio

I'm lost

mike's song? :LOL:

I've tried getting into phish, listened to whole shows from different years. they have a few good songs, and they're great players, but it's not really for me. I do like reba a lot

• Like 1

Anastasio

I'm lost

I've tried getting into phish, listened to whole shows from different years. they have a few good songs, and they're great players, but it's not really for me. I do like reba a lot

"Reba?" Don't you mean REB BEACH? Awesome player! How about DOUG ALDRICH? Or one of my Top Ten players? JAKE E LEE???????

Anastasio

I'm lost

"Reba?" Don't you mean REB BEACH? Awesome player! How about DOUG ALDRICH? Or one of my Top Ten players? JAKE E LEE???????

sorry man, not into whitesnake. had to google those dudes. obviously, I know and like jake e lee. I'm not a fan of ozzy after diary aside from a few songs but jake e lee is much cooler than zakk, for sure.

reba by phish is actually a pretty good prog rock song, parts of it remind me of zappa and genesis. but like I said, I find them pretty boring overall.

Anastasio

I'm lost

sorry man, not into whitesnake. had to google those dudes. obviously, I know and like jake e lee. I'm not a fan of ozzy after diary aside from a few songs but jake e lee is much cooler than zakk, for sure.

reba by phish is actually a pretty good prog rock song, parts of it remind me of zappa and genesis. but like I said, I find them pretty boring overall.

I understand you dark heavy metalist! Zakk for sure but he lost me about four albums into BLS. BORING SHITE! Glad you like Jake. I love him. Rob Beach was also in Winger. I bet you hate that music!I believe Doug was also in Hurricane and Burning Rain.

Yep!

I am an AOR HEAVY METAL WHORE!

My dad's list, not in order.

David Wilcox

Joe Perry

John Petrucci

Ace Frahley

James Taylor

Any list with Space Ace gets a LIKE

I can't believe I forgot Ace when I was doing my list. I can play more of his stuff than anyone else's.

He's an ACE IN THE HOLE BABY! GOD I LOVE HIM TOO! He crossed my mind! Best KISS member EVER!