...when I was a kid...

Tom Sawyer

I remember using an umbrella when walking to school when it was raining.

I remember wearing a heavy jacket when it was cold.

Not sure what the deal is, but apparently it's not cool anymore to use these things. It was raining yesterday and my daughter had a project to take in so I dropped her off, and tons of kids were just walking in the rain wearing hoodies and shorts. 40 degrees and raining, brilliant choice! Even when it's 10 degrees and snowing, that's the outfit I see plenty of kids wearing.

• Like 2

Not sure what the deal is, but apparently it's not cool anymore to use these things. It was raining yesterday and my daughter had a project to take in so I dropped her off, and tons of kids were just walking in the rain wearing hoodies and shorts. 40 degrees and raining, brilliant choice! Even when it's 10 degrees and snowing, that's the outfit I see plenty of kids wearing.

As a kid, I preferred the rain coat because umbrellas were troublesome. Wearing just a hoodie & shorts in cold, wet weather OR in super cold weather is just stupid.

• Like 2

Same up here,

It could be the dead of winter and the kids are dressed like it's summer. Standing at the bus stop freezing there a**** off. :LOL:

Same up here,

It could be the dead of winter and the kids are dressed like it's summer. Standing at the bus stop freezing there a**** off. :LOL:

if anything goes wrong, things get bad in a hurry. I think about that Sopranos episode when Paulie and Chris are stuck in the woods.....

Same up here,

if anything goes wrong, things get bad in a hurry. I think about that Sopranos episode when Paulie and Chris are stuck in the woods.....

They must think,

It's cool. But the opposite is true.

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1

Jelly Royals were the most expensive candy - three for a nickel.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/b2/8e/38/b28e38362a82ff8b29f88dddae285b76.jpg

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Do they sell those anymore? I'd always greedily look for the vanilla and raspberry ones.

Johnny, I checked. They do not sell them. Lots of mints and chocolate covered peanut clusters though. I even checked the bagged candy section. I wonder if they even make them anymore?

• Like 1

Jelly Royals were the most expensive candy - three for a nickel.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/b2/8e/38/b28e38362a82ff8b29f88dddae285b76.jpg

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Do they sell those anymore? I'd always greedily look for the vanilla and raspberry ones.

Johnny, I checked. They do not sell them. Lots of mints and chocolate covered peanut clusters though. I even checked the bagged candy section. I wonder if they even make them anymore?

I'd be surprised if they weren't being made anymore. I'm sure you remember how popular they were. Good digging.

• Like 1

And, if you were home Saturday afternoon, who didn't stop everything just to watch that skier bite it hard during the intro of ABC's Wide World of Sports?!!

"...the thrill of victory. And the agony of defeat!"

Nice one! I can still picture him tumbling lol

• Like 1

how many of us got those electric field football games? Turn it on and watch all the players randomly buzz around like they were having seizures. After playing with mine after Christmas it took me 5-10 minutes to realize it was total crap.

One of my favorite toys was the hot wheels kit where you could melt plastic?/rubber? in a mold and make your own car bodies. maybe it was the contact buzz i got off the hot materials.

• Like 1

Just to name a few.....

Charlies Angels

Happy Days

Laverne n Shirley

Carol Burnett Show

Hee Haw

Starsky N Hutch

Taxi

Barney Miller

Six Million Dollar Man

Bionic Woman

Emergency 51

MASH

All In The Family

Good Times

The Jeffersons

One Day At A Time

The Gong Show

Real People

The Incredible Hulk

The Wonderful World of Disney

Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom

And this time of year...

It's Christmas Charlie Brown

Rudolph

Frosty the Snowman

I don't see Land of the Lost............

"Lost sheep to Shepard, lost sheep to Shepard.. come in Uncle Jesse.."

No duke boys either. Major fail lol

Just to name a few.....

Charlies Angels

Happy Days

Laverne n Shirley

Carol Burnett Show

Hee Haw

Starsky N Hutch

Taxi

Barney Miller

Six Million Dollar Man

Bionic Woman

Emergency 51

MASH

All In The Family

Good Times

The Jeffersons

One Day At A Time

The Gong Show

Real People

The Incredible Hulk

The Wonderful World of Disney

Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom

And this time of year...

It's Christmas Charlie Brown

Rudolph

Frosty the Snowman

I don't see Land of the Lost............

"Lost sheep to Shepard, lost sheep to Shepard.. come in Uncle Jesse.."

No duke boys either. Major fail lol

Loved me some Daisy!!!

All sorts of characters here. Feast for the eyes.

http://i.iinfo.cz/images/162/legion-of-doom-1-prev.jpg

Not sure why Trekkies never mention this series. All the players were there. http://www.themarysue.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Animated_crew-e1298325966145-556x417.jpg

Tarzan regularly putting gorillas in a full nelson and wrestling crocs...of course it was a cool show

http://www.skooldays.com/images/sa1746.jpg