Carnies - 5/10

Halo Effect - 6/10

Seven Cities of Gold - 5/10

The Wreckers - 4/10

Headlong Flight -7/10

BU2B2 - 5/10

Wish Them Well - 2/10

The Garden - 10/10

I still don't understand the love for Anarchist...

Nice list. Wish Them Well is certainly the bottom of the bottom. Pure torture and could be used as such. Forced to listen on a continuous loop I would confess to just about anything to get it to stop. Seven Shitties Of Gold is not as bad but bad enough to be sure... :)

Caravan-4/10

BU2B-2/10

Clockwork Angels-10/10

The Anarchist-10/10

Carnies-2/10

Halo Effect-2/10

Seven Cities of Gold-1/10

The Wreckers-5/10

Headlong Flight-10/10

BU2B2-2/10

Wish Them Well-1/10

The Garden-3/10

Mick

I can't give any song a 10 haha and you hate on this more than me hahahahahaha

all the crap i talk on CA........but the three 10's Deserve it........awesome stuff. production be damned.

Mick

Nice, Mick. Those are my top 3 for sure. The only song I personally give a true 10 is the title track. The Anarchist and Headlong Flight come in at 9/9.5 range for me.

• Like 1

Caravan-4/10

BU2B-2/10

Clockwork Angels-10/10

The Anarchist-10/10

Carnies-2/10

Halo Effect-2/10

Seven Cities of Gold-1/10

The Wreckers-5/10

Headlong Flight-10/10

BU2B2-2/10

Wish Them Well-1/10

The Garden-3/10

Mick

I can't give any song a 10 haha and you hate on this more than me hahahahahaha

all the crap i talk on CA........but the three 10's Deserve it........awesome stuff. production be damned.

Mick

Nice, Mick. Those are my top 3 for sure. The only song I personally give a true 10 is the title track. The Anarchist and Headlong Flight come in at 9/9.5 range for me.

i guess it just proves.....it IS really the songs for me. if they kept up the standard of those 3.......i would rate CA really high. production and all.it didn't work out IMO.

Mick

• Like 1

Narps...really?

I know you're old and your ears are wearing thin, but you like The Garden(I love it) and Halo Effect(I dig it), but you don't recommend The Anarchist, Headlong Flight, Seven Cities of Gold or Carnies?

Those songs all have a lot of balls, and are very amazingly arranged. I get the production/mixing could make the listening experience better on the ears, but those songs are great tunes.

But yes...opinions are opinions

I think The Anarchist, Headlong Flight and Caravan are excellent tunes that are buried in pain and have said so any number of times. The rest I could take or leave quite frankly with Wish Them Well and The Wreckers being the bottom of the barrel. In summation, 5 excellent tunes and two of them enjoyable to listen to at this point. No hard feelings anywhere. Just my opinion and I listened to it many times when I first got my hands on it and the "noise" for lack of a better term always bothered me but there is potential there for sure. It's still probably the best since HYF as far as sheer numbers of good tunes and I like to rock just as much as the next guy or gal it just shouldn't be unpleasant even to my old wrinkled up ears... :codger: :) That simple

Halo Effect is bottom of the barrel for me and this is coming from someone who loves The Garden. Halo sounds like a SnA leftover.

Halo Effect is a song that has probably grown on me the most. I love Alex's lead intro (Pekes Ropose?) on the live cd/dvd. The studio track would benefit from that imo. It builds a nice atmosphere.

• Like 1

Caravan 10/10

BU2B 10/10

Clockwork Angels 10/10

The Anarchist 10/10

Carnies 9/10

Halo Effect 9/10

Seven Cities Of Gold 8/10

The Wreckers 10/10

Headlong Flight 10/10

BU2B2 6/10

Wish Them Well 7/10

The Garden 10/10

Here's mine:

Caravan 9/10

BU2B 8/10

Clockwork Angels 8/10

The Anarchist 10/10

Carnies 9/10

Halo Effect 8/10

Seven Cities Of Gold 9/10

The Wreckers 7/10

Headlong Flight 10/10

BU2B2 4/10

Wish Them Well 4/10

The Garden 10/10

Ok, I finally got round to listening to a song off Clockwork Angels and I randomly chose the above.

You know, I was pleasantly surprised, it's light years ahead of all the recent snoozefestery they've done and was very well crafted.

The only down side was the slightly brickwalled production and the fact that Geddy is occasionally a bit awkward with fitting the words in, but apart from that, great effort.

Nowhere near their golden era of 76-82, but a welcome improvement......

Will get round to listening to the rest of it at some point.

Actually, you might want to stop while you're ahead. :)

• Like 1

Quit while you're ahead. The brickwalling only gets worse and will give you a headache. You picked the best already... :cheers:

Great minds!

• Like 1

Why not start at Caravan, and work your way through to The Garden. Listen to the entire album in order, instead of bouncing around.

He might never have hard The Garden that way.

• Like 2

Quit while you're ahead. The brickwalling only gets worse and will give you a headache. You picked the best already... :cheers:

Great minds!

Indeed. We have something budding my friend. It's a beautiful thing whatever it is... :)

Why not start at Caravan, and work your way through to The Garden. Listen to the entire album in order, instead of bouncing around.

He might never have hard The Garden that way.

:laughing guy: ...

I clicked on the title hoping there would be something interesting or some insight about the song. I've never been much of a fan of others ratings on songs and could really care less about someone's opinion that has to pull himself to listen to it years after the song came out.

During the CA tour I traveled to Toronto and saw this played live from the 3rd row and after seeing them well over 50 times it was one of the most memorable and fantastic concert experiences "I" ever had. I think and hope others did as well, but it was secondary to be honest. I can relate to someone who did share that experience. I can relate to someone that loves the song and the lyrics.

But I don't really care if someone on a message board thinks it's an 8 or 6. I mean, I don't care if someone hates it either. I also don't care if you don't like chocolate ice cream or cherry pie.

Ok, I finally got round to listening to a song off Clockwork Angels and I randomly chose the above.

You know, I was pleasantly surprised, it's light years ahead of all the recent snoozefestery they've done and was very well crafted.

The only down side was the slightly brickwalled production and the fact that Geddy is occasionally a bit awkward with fitting the words in, but apart from that, great effort.

And miss out on the greatest Rush album ever?

Oh I'm sure he's very familiar with Hemispheres.

• Like 2

Oh I'm sure he's very familiar with Hemispheres.

I said greatest Rush album ever, not second greatest. Sorry for the confusion. ;)

• Like 1

I remember the first time I heard The Garden. Laugh if you will, but I said to myself, "it's their Stairway to Heaven."

Something about that song is - at least to me - transcendent. I could never listen to it without getting a bit teary, and I'm someone who doesn't (or at least didn't) tear up easily.

The day my son was killed by a drunk driver (November 2, 2013), I spontaneously played the track for everyone that was gathered at my house. Didn't say a word, just played it. Loud. For a room full of shell-shocked, broken-hearted people who were utterly lost.

The silence in the room was incredible, right to the final cello fade out. My sister-in-law, not a Rush fan, was the first to speak. She said, "that song is Jon."

In the journey to the new abnormal, that song has been a beacon for me. Can't listen to it without crying, and that's a good thing.

I'm going to visit Jon's mom on the anniversary. We're going to play that song, likely several times, hold each other and truly understand the treasure of a life.

• Like 2

This isn't Caress of Steel

• Like 1

I remember the first time I heard The Garden. Laugh if you will, but I said to myself, "it's their Stairway to Heaven."

Something about that song is - at least to me - transcendent. I could never listen to it without getting a bit teary, and I'm someone who doesn't (or at least didn't) tear up easily.

The day my son was killed by a drunk driver (November 2, 2013), I spontaneously played the track for everyone that was gathered at my house. Didn't say a word, just played it. Loud. For a room full of shell-shocked, broken-hearted people who were utterly lost.

The silence in the room was incredible, right to the final cello fade out. My sister-in-law, not a Rush fan, was the first to speak. She said, "that song is Jon."

In the journey to the new abnormal, that song has been a beacon for me. Can't listen to it without crying, and that's a good thing.

I'm going to visit Jon's mom on the anniversary. We're going to play that song, likely several times, hold each other and truly understand the treasure of a life.

That's amazing and I'm sorry for your loss.

• Like 2

This isn't Caress of Steel

Right, because Caress of Steel is number 3.

I clicked on the title hoping there would be something interesting or some insight about the song. I've never been much of a fan of others ratings on songs and could really care less about someone's opinion that has to pull himself to listen to it years after the song came out.

1. it's couldn't care less, not could

2. Your opinion is noted

3. Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out :-)

• Like 1

Ok, finally managed to listen to the rest of the album.

Sadly, I did pick the best first.......

There are some really nice moments throughout, but the turgid, overly loud and compressed mix really lets it down.

Geddy IMO still has to awkwardly shoehorn words into lines sometimes.

Saying that, it is much better than S&A and VT.......

You were duly warned, mister! :)

• Like 2

You were duly warned, mister! :)

I was indeed...however I just couldn't pass up on the faint chance that I would not be disappointed.