Different Strings

Text For Echo

Hmm... Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers? Alot of the other bands I really like are similar to in some way or influenced by Rush in one way or another. Tom Petty is a pretty interesting muscian because the guy is like a poet. His music has a generally a simpler structure but it's just so cool too. :-)
  • Like 4

Hmm... Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers? Alot of the other bands I really like are similar to in some way or influenced by Rush in one way or another. Tom Petty is a pretty interesting muscian because the guy is like a poet. His music has a generally a simpler structure but it's just so cool too. :-)

I love Petty man he has such a rich and varied career and seems like such a cool cat. I almost still can't believe this whole heroin thing. You know he feels his music like not many other people in the world and he's given so much of himself to the art and to has been such a major advocate against the corporate moneygoround while at the same time he knows he probably wouldn't be where he is without it. I mean they were almost f***ing with him right from the start. Crazy. Love Tom Petty.

• Like 1

I love Petty man he has such a rich and varied career and seems like such a cool cat. I almost still can't believe this whole heroin thing. You know he feels his music like not many other people in the world and he's given so much of himself to the art and to has been such a major advocate against the corporate moneygoround while at the same time he knows he probably wouldn't be where he is without it. I mean they were almost f***ing with him right from the start. Crazy. Love Tom Petty.

Yep. I admire his integrity to his music and can see that it must be difficult to make a career in the music business and maintain that. That is also one of the things I love so much about Rush.

AC/DC Bon era especially since their music is so infantile and so repetitive and all the songs sound exactly the same. They also have no soul or bluesy qualities to them. I can't understand how they made it so far to be honest. I guess they just found 1one formula and just kept dragging it out there and the sheeple just kept buying it. Amazing when you think about it really... ;) Edited by Narps
  • Like 1

hmmm... musically opposed to Rush ? Up for interpretation but here's mine.

The Who #1

The Rolling Stones #2

Led Zeppelin

Aerosmtih

Black Sabbath

Van Halen

Pat Metheny

The Pretenders

AC/DC Bon era especially since their music is so infantile and so repetitive and all the songs sound exactly the same. They also have no soul or bluesy qualities to them. I can't understand how they made it so far to be honest. I guess they just found 1one formula and just kept dragging it out there and the sheeple just kept buying it. Amazing when you think about it really... ;)

do I detect a note or two of sarcasm? hmmm?

Edited by catherine
  • Like 1

AC/DC Bon era especially since their music is so infantile and so repetitive and all the songs sound exactly the same. They also have no soul or bluesy qualities to them. I can't understand how they made it so far to be honest. I guess they just found 1one formula and just kept dragging it out there and the sheeple just kept buying it. Amazing when you think about it really... ;)

I think Mr. Winky gives it away. :LOL:

• Like 2

Or 3... :D It's an inside joke but I am glad to see you have been around a bit more to pick up on it... :cheers: :hi:
  • Like 1

Or 3... :D It's an inside joke but I am glad to see you have been around a bit more to pick up on it... :cheers: :hi:

Yeah I did read that thread but now I can't remember which one it was. :cool:

• Like 1

Yeah I did read that thread but now I can't remember which one it was. :cool:

I try to forget the threads such as that one but not the lessons I learned and who said what... :cool:
  • Like 1

What is another band you love intensely that is musically opposite of Rush somehow? Mine answer is Phish. Go!

(...)

I would go a step further and say the Dead, but I would perhaps go even deeper and say Zappa/Beefheart, but that is about polar opposite from the Dead/Phish as you can get without getting into The Fall's territory.

Oh and by the way, I'm a huge Zappa fan too! HUGE! We should start a Zappa thread lol

I'll be there, man.

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah241/capnkeck/dude_zpsj5rv7etg.jpeg

• Like 2