What's wrong with Test For Echo exactly?

AnEggplant

I love Counterparts, but T4E not so much.

T4E has a great opening 1-2 punch with Test For Echo and Driven, but after that too many songs sound too similar: Half the World/Color Of Right/Dog Years/Carve Away The Stone may as well be the same song with somebody switching the lyric sheets out. Limbo was an instrumental letdown after Cp's classic LTTA. On the plus side are Time and Motion, Resist, and yes I even like Virtuality.

T4E would be a decent album for most bands, but in the :rush: discography, it is near the bottom.

When it first came out I really liked it, partly because the band stuck with the heavy guitar-driven sound, and the production was great.

In hindsight, it has a few standouts: Title track is excellent, Half the world is good as is Driven, and I even like Color of Right. But overall its average at best.

What *wasnt* average was the tour -- 2112 in its entirety, natural science back in the setlist....excellent show.

When it first came out I really liked it, partly because the band stuck with the heavy guitar-driven sound, and the production was great.

In hindsight, it has a few standouts: Title track is excellent, Half the world is good as is Driven, and I even like Color of Right. But overall its average at best.

What *wasnt* average was the tour -- 2112 in its entirety, natural science back in the setlist....excellent show.

The album did spawn an amazing tour!
  • Like 2