Judas Priest - Top 5 Songs

Lucas

When I went to sleep last night after posting this, a fire alarm in the town woke me up a few hours into sleep .... As I lay there trying to get back to sleep, I thought "Damn, I should have put Genocide on that list"

Genocide really comes to life on Unleashed In The East

• Like 4

When I went to sleep last night after posting this, a fire alarm in the town woke me up a few hours into sleep .... As I lay there trying to get back to sleep, I thought "Damn, I should have put Genocide on that list"

Genocide really comes to life on Unleashed In The East

Genocide is obviously great as well as it come from Sad Wings. Nothing but greatest there. I selected my top 5 and wanted to at least spread it around a little. I could have picked all of them from that album. It was a banner day when I picked out my first two albums to buy to get this whole thing started so many years ago. ATWAS and Sad Wings was a pretty good start I would say... :dweez:
  • Like 3

beyond the realms of death might make my top 5, can't believe I forgot about it

no one here likes painkiller that much it seems? everywhere else on the internet, it's seen as a comeback album

Painkiller is perhaps my favorite priest album. Fwiw...

• Like 1

Ok I'll try and do one:

Sinner

The Ripper

Riding on the Wind

White Heat, Red Hot

Delivering the Goods

I could do another 5 very easily though, and another 5 after that and another 5 and another and so on and all of these could be THE top 5.

• Like 5

beyond the realms of death might make my top 5, can't believe I forgot about it

no one here likes painkiller that much it seems? everywhere else on the internet, it's seen as a comeback album

Painkiller is perhaps my favorite priest album. Fwiw...

it was my favorite when I was first getting into them. my firsts were british steel, screaming for vengeance, defenders, and painkiller. I liked british steel but was a bit underwhelmed considering its reputation. painkiller seemed like their attempt at thrash metal so I gravitated towards that before getting into the 70s stuff

Hmm, this a tough one.

So many good songs.

Here we go :

1. The Sentinel

2. Judas Rising

3. Genocide

4. Another Thing Comin'

5. Hell bent for leather

"Hell bent" is my favorite Priest-song. Very surprised that it's nowhere to be found in this thread !!

• Like 2

you know what's f***ed? I still dont have a priest shirt

Me either. ;)

I have never had one. Never had a Yes shirt either which is more amazing to me anyway. I have a whole wardrobe of Rush stuff of course. Guess that says something...

Hmm, this a tough one.

So many good songs.

Here we go :

1. The Sentinel

2. Judas Rising

3. Genocide

4. Another Thing Comin'

5. Hell bent for leather

"Hell bent" is my favorite Priest-song. Very surprised that it's nowhere to be found in this thread !!

For me by then they were already getting dangerously close to Living After Midnight time and I was losing interest already. I did buy British Steel but that was it. I loved the "rock" Priest. Anything Unleashed back was good by me. I saw them twice in their prime (once second row center in DC) and I am good with that. Hell Bent wouldn't even make my top ten but that's just me. Another Thing Comin' I would put in the same class. To poppy and popular especially at the time... :) Edited by Narps

Hmm, this a tough one.

So many good songs.

Here we go :

1. The Sentinel

2. Judas Rising

3. Genocide

4. Another Thing Comin'

5. Hell bent for leather

For me by then they were already getting dangerously close to Living After Midnight time and I was losing interest already. I did buy British Steel but that was it. I loved the "rock" Priest. Anything Unleashed back was good by me. I saw them twice in their prime (once second row center in DC) and I am good with that. Hell Bent wouldn't even make my top ten but that's just me. Another Thing Comin' I would put in the same class. To poppy and popular especially at the time... :)

I saw them in their prime too. Iron Maiden opened. They were supporting Number of the Beast. Priest was supporting their masterpiece, of course. ;)

Hmm, this a tough one.

So many good songs.

Here we go :

1. The Sentinel

2. Judas Rising

3. Genocide

4. Another Thing Comin'

5. Hell bent for leather

For me by then they were already getting dangerously close to Living After Midnight time and I was losing interest already. I did buy British Steel but that was it. I loved the "rock" Priest. Anything Unleashed back was good by me. I saw them twice in their prime (once second row center in DC) and I am good with that. Hell Bent wouldn't even make my top ten but that's just me. Another Thing Comin' I would put in the same class. To poppy and popular especially at the time... :)

I saw them in their prime too. Iron Maiden opened. They were supporting Number of the Beast. Priest was supporting their masterpiece, of course. ;)

I didn't realize you were that old to have seen them in the late 70's. Cool... :)
  • Like 1

you know what's f***ed? I still dont have a priest shirt

Me either. ;)

I have never had one. Never had a Yes shirt either which is more amazing to me anyway. I have a whole wardrobe of Rush stuff of course. Guess that says something...

I own a vintage Stones shirt the family bought me for Father's Day a couple years back. Other than that, the closest thing I have to music clothes is a t-shirt with the Bruins bear, Wally the Green Monster, the Minuteman and the Leprechaun re enacting the Abbey Road cover.

But my boy does rock a R40 shirt we got at the show. Does that count? :)

Hmm, this a tough one.

So many good songs.

Here we go :

1. The Sentinel

2. Judas Rising

3. Genocide

4. Another Thing Comin'

5. Hell bent for leather

I didn't realize you were that old to have seen them in the late 70's. Cool... :)

I was still into the Monkees in the time period you're talking about Nap. :)

• Like 1

Point of Entry is a fantastic album. Full of deep cuts. Not really what you'd expect from such a heavy band... but damn, it's a fine record.
  • Like 3