Was R40 their best their best tour?

DirkPrattLerxst

Was R40 Their Best Tour?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Was R40 their best tour?

• Yes
    • No

Only been seeing them since "Power Windows", but to me, only the Roll the Bones tour is close. Which is odd, because RTB was only an okay album for me, dawg. (Channeling Randy Jackson, who played bass for Journey for a short time (some of you youngsters that know him from American Idol (a show that was pretty good back in the day, but grew stale), a band that also had an awesome live album)...but I digress.

The last Rush concert that you attend is always the best Rush concert ever. That's just the way it goes with Rush freaks. Hopefully, every Rush fan feels this way. I should have caught two shows on the R40 tour. One is better than none. And it was my tenth Rush concert, so I made it into double digits!

Hard to say having only been to R40, CA, and Time Machine shows.

It was a blowout setlist, but Ged's voice has been suffering for a while. R30 seems like it may have been a better show, can anyone who went to both confirm?

• Like 1

For me, yes. I've only seen them twice and R40 definitely topped when I saw them on the CA tour.
  • Like 1

Hard to say having only been to R40, CA, and Time Machine shows.

It was a blowout setlist, but Ged's voice has been suffering for a while. R30 seems like it may have been a better show, can anyone who went to both confirm?

I've only been to R40, Clockwork Angels Tour, and the Time Machine Tour too. I saw R40 in Denver and Geddy sounded great there.

The last Rush concert that you attend is always the best Rush concert ever. That's just the way it goes with Rush freaks. Hopefully, every Rush fan feels this way. I should have caught two shows on the R40 tour. One is better than none. And it was my tenth Rush concert, so I made it into double digits!

I've seen Rush twice on the Clockwork Angels Tour and once on the R40 tour. I don't think anybody will consider the CA Tour better than R40.

I think tours should be put in context. In reality, most tours are in support of an album. This tour was in support of a career, an entire canon. It was, without a doubt, exactly that.

Haters are going to hate. Rush haters and Rush fans alike.

This tour was, in my mind, *perfect*. It offered a nod to all fans of all eras. It paid respects to every era and gave back something even the longest of tooth have not seen in years.

Frankly, if you are going to hate on this tour, you are a sad, sad troll. These guys walked away from a 40+ career with their heads held high and for good reason. Yes, they didn't play Bangkok. Get over it. No, they didn't play all of 2112. Why would they? Yeah, I know. They didn't play all of Hemispheres, either. Guess what? It doesn't matter. They did, however, take us on a drive down glorious Memory Lane and they sounded pretty damned good doing it.

Thank you, gentlemen. It was a helluva ride. I enjoyed it and appreciate the fact you took the time to do it at all.

• Like 2

I think tours should be put in context. In reality, most tours are in support of an album. This tour was in support of a career, an entire canon. It was, without a doubt, exactly that.

Haters are going to hate. Rush haters and Rush fans alike.

This tour was, in my mind, *perfect*. It offered a nod to all fans of all eras. It paid respects to every era and gave back something even the longest of tooth have not seen in years.

Frankly, if you are going to hate on this tour, you are a sad, sad troll. These guys walked away from a 40+ career with their heads held high and for good reason. Yes, they didn't play Bangkok. Get over it. No, they didn't play all of 2112. Why would they? Yeah, I know. They didn't play all of Hemispheres, either. Guess what? It doesn't matter. They did, however, take us on a drive down glorious Memory Lane and they sounded pretty damned good doing it.

Thank you, gentlemen. It was a helluva ride. I enjoyed it and appreciate the fact you took the time to do it at all.

:goodone: