Who was at the Molson Amphitheater June 30, 1997?

Lorraine

:cheers: on the 2112 lover thing anyway but I wasn't there... :)

Well, you should have been! We all should have been there!! :cool:

It's the gem that Rush was sitting on from the TFE tour that they included in the R40 package. If you ever get a chance to watch it, it is wonderful. They do 2112 in its entirety at the end. You would love it! :wub:

• Like 1

Well? Own up! Who saw that phenomenal show??

It converted me into a 2112 lover. :)

It took you until that?

:no:

Yeah. I always thought that out of all of their seventies' music, 2112 sounded the most dated.

There's hope for you and The Garden yet! :yes:

It took you until that?

Yeah. I always thought that out of all of their seventies' music, 2112 sounded the most dated.

Don't make me not love you!

:madra:

• Like 1

It took you until that?

:wub: :hug2:

It took you until that?

:wub: :hug2:

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/Smilies%20GIFs/love.gif

• Like 1

I wasn't at this show but I was at the second one on July 2nd. It was the same set both nights so does my experience count?

Yes, I didn't know they played more than one night.

Is that video the entire show or is some of it left out? The show is only a little over an hour, and that's odd for Rush to only play that short time.

I wasn't at this show but I was at the second one on July 2nd. It was the same set both nights so does my experience count?

Is that video the entire show or is some of it left out? The show is only a little over an hour, and that's odd for Rush to only play that short time.

That video is definitely edited. They played a full show both nights. The band was great as always but it was the most dead crowd I had ever been part of at a rock concert. They stood up and cheered when the band came on and left the stage and for the big hits. Then they would sit down and act like they would rather be anywhere else.

Lame ass Canadians.

• Like 3

:cheers: on the 2112 lover thing anyway but I wasn't there... :)

Well, you should have been! We all should have been there!! :cool:

It's the gem that Rush was sitting on from the TFE tour that they included in the R40 package. If you ever get a chance to watch it, it is wonderful. They do 2112 in its entirety at the end. You would love it! :wub:

I just wish they would release that concert, along with all of the other unseen footage on blu ray, separate from the R40 package. I dont wont to buy rio, r30, snakes, TM, and CA tour again.
  • Like 1

That video is definitely edited. They played a full show both nights. The band was great as always but it was the most dead crowd I had ever been part of at a rock concert. They stood up and cheered when the band came on and left the stage and for the big hits. Then they would sit down and act like they would rather be anywhere else.

Lame ass Canadians.

this has been my experience at every rush show except R40 in atlanta.

Lame ass Canadians.

All my other Rush concert experiences have been very good. Even if most people didn't know the song they would at least be standing up and moving to the music. After the song was over they would applaud in appreciation. This show was like a large funeral. Everyone just sitting there acting like they were listening to a eulogy. I'm not exaggerating, the crowd really was that lifeless most of the time.

All these years later I still get upset when I think about how bad that crowd was.

Lame ass Canadians.

In Vegas I sat in the upper bowl, and this was my experience. I actually had the lady behind me ask me routinely to sit down so she could see. They stood up for the very beginning and Tom Sawyer.

I still had a good time, but it was nothing like being on the floor.

I was there to see those two shows. The audiences on both nights were pretty lame, but the shows were really great.

Highlights for me: 2112, Natural Science, Resist, Nobody's Hero...

The Montreal show, two days earlier was by far better in terms of performance and the audience at that one was ace.

• Like 3

I was there to see those two shows. The audiences on both nights were pretty lame, but the shows were really great.

The Montreal show, two days earlier was by far better in terms of performance and the audience at that one was ace.

Grey, may I say for someone who doesn't even live in North America, you haven't missed much here when it comes to Rush, have you? :LOL: :hug2:

• Like 2

Lame ass Canadians.

All my other Rush concert experiences have been very good. Even if most people didn't know the song they would at least be standing up and moving to the music. After the song was over they would applaud in appreciation. This show was like a large funeral. Everyone just sitting there acting like they were listening to a eulogy. I'm not exaggerating, the crowd really was that lifeless most of the time.

All these years later I still get upset when I think about how bad that crowd was.

oh, I have a great time at all my rush shows. after time machine, my first show, I just learned to ignore the crowd. the eulogy feeling was especially strong on the CA tour, between all the synth stuff and new material. in nashville it was bizarre - we were in 90 dollar seats but a lot of people were texting throughout most of the show. I wish I had 90 bucks to blow on a band I didn't care about!

Lame ass Canadians.

oh, I have a great time at all my rush shows. after time machine, my first show, I just learned to ignore the crowd. the eulogy feeling was especially strong on the CA tour, between all the synth stuff and new material. in nashville it was bizarre - we were in 90 dollar seats but a lot of people were texting throughout most of the show. I wish I had 90 bucks to blow on a band I didn't care about!

That's the kind of crap that really bothers me at shows.

If you want to sit around and text more than being a part of the live experience of Rush (or any other band), stay home and just listen to music there.

Grey, may I say for someone who doesn't even live in North America, you haven't missed much here when it comes to Rush, have you? :LOL: :hug2:

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. ;)

I'm glad that I had the chance to see the T4E tour. Some great memories and really good times.

• Like 2

the audience at that one was ace.

I couldn't use the word "ace" and sound cool. You can--bastard!

:LMAO: Wait till you hear me say uber-ace. :)

• Like 2

Lame ass Canadians.

In Vegas I sat in the upper bowl, and this was my experience. I actually had the lady behind me ask me routinely to sit down so she could see. They stood up for the very beginning and Tom Sawyer.

I still had a good time, but it was nothing like being on the floor.

If I had been in the upper bowl of an arena then I would have been fine with sitting. But when everyone in the seats at an amphitheater is sitting down, something isn't right. I have never been to an amphitheater show where the entire seating area sat down for the headliner before that or since then.

I enjoyed the show as best I could but the crowd showing that kind of disrespect to Rush in their hometown was something that pissed me off to no end. I was so turned off by this that I didn't go to another seated show in Toronto until I saw Dream Theater at Massey Hall last year.

Yeah, I took every chance I got to cross the pond. Back then I saw 3 shows from the first leg of the T4E Tour (San Antonio, Dallas, Houston) and 3 from the second leg (Montreal, Toronto x2).

When I heard that they're playing the entire Moving Pictures on the TMT, I had to do it again (Chicago, Omaha, St. Paul).

And finally I hit the US to make one more Rush experience, by traveling to LA this year.

• Like 1

Indeed the full show will come when ray is ready to get more of our money.. I really wish they would have left dreamline as the opener and not try and make it like limelight was,, Also, to add to the lame crowd thing, a lot of people just go to concerts as an excuse to party and get drunk. Why this is I will never know and its a lot of young people who think they are hip going to see an old band like rush or tom petty ect,, stay home and drink then..