Rush Replacement Checklist

antiquark

Similar.

Years ago in a full TRF chat room I asked the group to come up with a non-Rush group that EVERYONE knew and thought was okay or better. Metallica wasn't it because some disliked them. Same went for Iron Maiden, Queensryche, and Dream Theater. Tool, Mastodon, and King's X were disqualified because some didn't know of their music. There were several other bands mentioned and it kept happening that either they weren't liked or known by at least one person. In the end, the ONLY band we TRFers could find was Living Colour. Don't know how relevant they are today but they are still around and they certainly are talented musicians with good lyrics from time to time.

Irony is, I've heard of everyone listed but not Living Colour.

• Like 2

Similar.

Years ago in a full TRF chat room I asked the group to come up with a non-Rush group that EVERYONE knew and thought was okay or better. Metallica wasn't it because some disliked them. Same went for Iron Maiden, Queensryche, and Dream Theater. Tool, Mastodon, and King's X were disqualified because some didn't know of their music. There were several other bands mentioned and it kept happening that either they weren't liked or known by at least one person. In the end, the ONLY band we TRFers could find was Living Colour. Don't know how relevant they are today but they are still around and they certainly are talented musicians with good lyrics from time to time.

"VIVID" IS ONE OF THE GREATEST ALBUMS EVER MAD!

"What's your favorite color baby? LiVING COLOUR!"

I'm the cult of... I'm the cult of..... PERSONALITY!

That's me!

LOL

Saw them once right after the release of their second album. They played a free gig at the University of Florida's campus (my rival uni) with King's X opening. Was lucky enough to get way up at the front. Both bands were kick ass but Living Colour is in the outer space league of talent.

• Like 1

Similar.

That's not ironic. That's unfortunate. But it can be rectified. :)

I'm the cult of... I'm the cult of..... PERSONALITY!

That's me!

LOL

Saw them once right after the release of their second album. They played a free gig at the University of Florida's campus (my rival uni) with King's X opening. Was lucky enough to get way up at the front. Both bands were kick ass but Living Colour is in the outer space league of talent.

I saw them open for The Rolling Stones, in 1989. Yeah, they were very good.

• Like 1

They may not be close to what you are looking for - or, maybe they are - but I think Placebo are worth giving a shot

Like RUSH, their music is all over the board ... the early Placebo is more out there and adventurous, and their more recent stuff is still well crafted, well written and executed but more acessable

They've changed, and they are releasing something new soon .. Sadly, they just lost a fantastic drummer

At times, Brian Molko does remind me of Geddy, esp in the early songs

Recent:

Older, and Geddy-ish

Edited by Lucas