Favorit Drummers

YYZumbi

Did Scott Rockenfield make anybody's short list?

I love him.

"Spreading The Disease."

I think you're thinking of Anthrax - Charlie Benante. Also an excellent drummer!

whoops my bad - just realized Spreading The Disease is also a QR song - excellent work on Operation Mindcrime!

Just made me think to add Dave Lombardo to my list of favorites.

Oh! It's all good! I just thought you were being "punny."

Yeah I wrote "Spreading The Disease" because I absolutely love Scott's drumming on that tune.

I find Gar Samuelson and Alex Van Halen to be underrated drummers. Great talents, may Gar rest in peace.

I just saw Alex twice on their current tour. He's slowing down but damn you are correct. I love him back in the day.

His drumming on the first six albums are off the charts!!

I hated when he converted to electronic Simmons pads but I guess that was the lame trendy thing to do in the Eighties. See Neil Peart.

The shuffle double bass pattern he plays on "Hot For Teacher" is mind-blowing. Reminds me of "Space Boogie" on the Jeff Beck album performed by my second favorite drummer of all time, Simon Phillips.

• Like 1

LEONARD HAZE!!!!!

YESTERDAY & TODAY and Y&T!!!!

At least I know Turbine will have my back!!

His flutter foot bass drum work was quicker than Bonham's. JMO

Haze went skiing one weekend and he broke his right leg.

While he was in a cast he still wanted to play his drums so while being in the cast he was able to train his foot to "flutter" hence his single kick sounded like a f***ing double bass kit.

If you hate melodic hard rock from the late Seventies and Early Eighties then ignore this post.

If you actually have a fuckking brain and want to listen to some incredible hard fuckking rock then get the first six albums.

It's like Van Halen baby. The first six albums RULE!

LEONARD HAZE!!!!!

While he was in a cast he still wanted to play his drums so while being in the cast he was able to train his foot to "flutter" hence his single kick sounded like a f***ing double bass kit.

If you hate melodic hard rock from the late Seventies and Early Eighties then ignore this post.

If you actually have a fuckking brain and want to listen to some incredible hard fuckking rock then get the first six albums.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/23207393.jpg

• Like 1

Neil Peart

Mike Portnoy

Rob Hirst (bonus for songwriting and singing!)

Stewart Copeland

Adam Woods

Meg White*

*Hahahahahhahaha...

NO..

I find Gar Samuelson and Alex Van Halen to be underrated drummers. Great talents, may Gar rest in peace.

How about Nick Menza?

I love Menza but more people have voiced their love for him than for Gar. Gar is actually my favorite Megadeth drummer.

I just saw Alex twice on their current tour. He's slowing down but damn you are correct. I love him back in the day.

I hated when he converted to electronic Simmons pads but I guess that was the lame trendy thing to do in the Eighties. See Neil Peart.

The shuffle double bass pattern he plays on "Hot For Teacher" is mind-blowing. Reminds me of "Space Boogie" on the Jeff Beck album performed by my second favorite drummer of all time, Simon Phillips.

I believe he switched over to the electric drum kit for a while because the band was recording in the 5150 studio. The studio had a small and unfinished drum room so Alex was forced to bring in an electric kit. The only part that stayed from his regular acoustic kit was his snare. I love his snare sound, especially on For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge (I think that's when the acoustic kit returned.)

Bill Ward

I love his drumming. He actually followed me on Instagram the other day.

• Like 1

LEONARD HAZE!!!!!

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/23207393.jpg

Haze can flutter his foot "300" times a minute. Bonham can only do it 211 times.

How about Nick Menza?

I love Menza but more people have voiced their love for him than for Gar. Gar is actually my favorite Megadeth drummer.

I believe he switched over to the electric drum kit for a while because the band was recording in the 5150 studio. The studio had a small and unfinished drum room so Alex was forced to bring in an electric kit. The only part that stayed from his regular acoustic kit was his snare. I love his snare sound, especially on For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge (I think that's when the acoustic kit returned.)

Bill Ward

I love his drumming. He actually followed me on Instagram the other day.

Excellent VH knowledge. I did not know that. Thanks 5150 Studio for ruining the real Alex Van Halen drum sound.