How would you like RUSH album that was all in the same vein as New World Man and Vital Signs?

treeduck

:AlienSmiley: :aliensmiley: :AlienSmiley: :aliensmiley: :AlienSmiley: :aliensmiley: :AlienSmiley: :aliensmiley: :AlienSmiley: :aliensmiley: :AlienSmiley: :aliensmiley: :AlienSmiley: :aliensmiley: :AlienSmiley: :aliensmiley:

:AlienSmiley: :aliensmiley: :AlienSmiley: :aliensmiley: :AlienSmiley: :aliensmiley: :AlienSmiley: :aliensmiley: :AlienSmiley: :aliensmiley: :AlienSmiley: :aliensmiley: :AlienSmiley: :aliensmiley: :AlienSmiley: :aliensmiley:

New World Aliens

Odd...because that album would sound like Signals. And yet, I like both those songs more than half of Signals. But a whole album of songs like these would rule my world!

Segue needs a stiff whisky (flavoured cupcake).

• Like 1

CA II--Sounds good

No way. Rush never repeat themselves, but an album built on and improving upon the CA foundations could be cool!

Less "Carnies" and more "Headlong Flight" please!

And maybe a bunny or two on the front cover?

CA II--Sounds good

No way. Rush never repeat themselves, but an album built on and improving upon the CA foundations could be cool!

I'd rather hear a cover of "Jungleland"...that'd be way cooler than any rabbit appearance.
  • Like 1

CA II--Sounds good

Why no love for Carnies? I love the song, and live it was as heavy as Headlong Flight.

• Like 4

CA II--Sounds good

Why no love for Carnies? I love the song, and live it was as heavy as Headlong Flight.

Live? Not heard it! Any good recordings of it?

CA II--Sounds good

I'd rather hear a cover of "Jungleland"...that'd be way cooler than any rabbit appearance.

I'd be fascinated to hear Rush put their stamp on it instrumentally, but no way do I want to hear Geddy sing those most un-Rush like lyrics! Maybe Neil could write his own?

But Lerxt could do something beautiful with that heavenly sax solo!

Edited by Segue Myles

CA II--Sounds good

Live? Not heard it! Any good recordings of it?

I don't pay attention to bootlegs so I don't know what's out there.

New World Man rocks people it's metal! It's just more laid back metal with Geddy showing off his crooning voice for the first time.

Metal?

Erm...no...laid back metal? Erm...no...

• Like 1

New World Man rocks people it's metal! It's just more laid back metal with Geddy showing off his crooning voice for the first time.

Metal?

Don't trifle with my metal instincts boy! :smash:

• Like 1

Metal?

...Toto released more METAL songs than NWM. Try Endless.

• Like 1

Metal?

I'm a metal detector!

• Like 1

Metal?

I'm a metal detector!

I am plastic fantastic!

I severely doubt your opinion about what is "metal" now.

• Like 3

I would say yes for two reasons. One, it would mean another album. Two, I am somewhat fond of the reggae influenced rock of that era (The Police are one of my other favorite bands). The second factor likely has to do with my age, when I grew up, and the sounds that influenced my youth.
  • Like 1

I severely doubt your opinion about what is "metal" now.

I don't get the hate for New World Man, is it that much less of a track than Vital Signs?