2015 British Open

RushCanuck

how about the threesome of John Daly, Miguel Angel Jiminez and Jason Duffner?

Pretty cool. We'll see how its goes on the way in though...

Like to see Speith pull another one out but if it's not him then I hope Dustin wins after his collapse last month. I wouldn't mind at all however if Jason Day wins. I like all three of them.
  • Like 1

Paul Azinger had some zingers for Tiger this morning:

“It’s hard to watch the greatest player of this generation be a middle of the pack hack.”

“Here’s a stat for you: Tiger Woods is 21 over par for his last 45 holes at major championships.”

“You almost want to say, ‘Who are you and what have you done to Tiger Woods?’

“Everyone wanted to swing like Tiger. Except Tiger.”

“Nobody needs to tell Tiger what to think, they need to remind him to think”

• Like 2

Back. I gotta get over the Tiger mess and enjoy the rest. Kisner was doing well but has made the turn inward and we see what happens then. With that said Tiger headed for another 80. I just don't get it. When Payne died (who's golf I lived and died with) I took up Tiger as he was on the rise at the very same time and he has been "the game" to me. I gotta let it go. Nicklaus was my first golfing hero and I named my son Nicklaus after him ( he obviously meant alot to me as the game did when I played) but when he faded he did so gracefully and just got old. This is something altogether different.

Back to the golf. Apologies for the rant... :)

I understand. yes, it's hard to watch someone you've admired for many years not be at the top of their game anymore.

Yeah man, this is difficult to watch. It boggles my mind that someone so good at a certain sport can play so so poorly. Nicklaus will always be my guy because he was such an amazing driver of the ball and putter not to mention such a class, class guy but I really wanted to see Tiger break his record but I feel confident now saying that won't happen.

It seemed inevitable not that many years ago but now I agree it will never happen. Being 39 I haven't given up on him finding "it" at some point and winning another Masters possibly. As my wife so wisely said to me when all of this started (the personal sh*t etc) karma is a bitch...

He's obviously broken physically. And when you're playing with discomfort or pain, and you're pressing, it means disaster. What Tiger accomplished in his youth was amazing, but how he accomplished it - with a swing of such force - may have eliminated the possibility of longevity.
  • Like 1

I knew it. Makes me sick to my stomach to be honest...

Blechhh. +4. He should really hang the game up.

He walks away right now he's still the second best player ever!!! I remember hearing Faldo last year say once you get the yips it's over. Tiger may win one or two no name tournaments if he stays on but he will never win another major. Can't imagine he enjoys these press conferences lately Edited by alphseeker
  • Like 3

Ahhh....a nice sunny day in Scotland

And so green. The pros are tearing this place up. With soft greens and no wind, this place plays like a muni for these guys.

I knew it. Makes me sick to my stomach to be honest...

Blechhh. +4. He should really hang the game up.

He walks away right now he's still the second best player ever!!! I remember hearing Faldo last year say once you get the yips it's over. Tiger may win one or two no name tournaments if he stays on but he will never win another major. Can't imagine he enjoys these press conferences lately

He never should have married. :P Seems like Tiger's got this playing in his mind as he stands over the ball.

• Like 1

Like to see Speith pull another one out but if it's not him then I hope Dustin wins after his collapse last month. I wouldn't mind at all however if Jason Day wins. I like all three of them.

At 15, Spieth has a real chance. I love it when golfers get into the zone and sustain it over a series of tournaments. It's so hard to do, so rare, and so beautiful.

At 15, Spieth has a real chance. I love it when golfers get into the zone and sustain it over a series of tournaments. It's so hard to do, so rare, and so beautiful.

Yep there is only one that comes to mind in recent memory. BTW there is some hope for Tiger yet this week. Last I checked the leaderboard he is ahead of 8 players and one of them is the great champion Nick Faldo and another is former Open Championship winner and big :rush: fan Mark Calcavecchia... :cheers: and :sarcastic: Edited by Narps
  • Like 2

Lol at tiger. Was hoping to see him compete

You would have to have gotten up real early and even then he didn't... :LOL:
  • Like 1

He looked great on the range during his warm up.

Indeed and to be honest he seems to be a nicer guy these days. Enough about him I suppose even I am tired of talking about him... :)

That's why Tiger fans have to watch on Thurs and Fri... your only chance to see him anymore.

Round 2 has resumed. There was a delay, so the groups are just teeing off. Not too many players out there yet. Round 2 probably won't finish today. Mark Calcavechia at 9 over is getting more air time than he should right now until more guys start playing, LOL.

During the peak of the storm, the rain was coming down sideways, they say.

Just got up :facepalm: and it appears they are about 3 hours or so behind is that right? Now I can really watch all day...

Just got up :facepalm: and it appears they are about 3 hours or so behind is that right? Now I can really watch all day...

Yes there was 3 hour delay. Day and Woods to tee off 1:10 pm our time now it seems. That would be 6:10 pm Scottish time. They say it stays light out till 10 pm their time, so if my math is correct with all of this, their round may continue into tomorrow... I think.

• Like 1

Yes there was 3 hour delay. Day and Woods to tee off 1:10 pm our time now it seems. That would be 6:10 pm Scottish time. They say it stays light out till 10 pm their time, so if my math is correct with all of this, their round may continue into tomorrow... I think.

Seems that would be correct. Kind of sucks a bit but at least I can see Tiger play on the weekend now... :LOL:
  • Like 2

I do like Zach I must admit always have. His game is unique and different and not boring at all...
  • Like 1

As frustrated as I get with DirecTv at times... they have 5 channels of coverage for The Open.... gotta love it.

Awesome... Are you cheering for anyone in particular?

Bubba... just to screw with Narp. :)

Nah, not anyone in particular, there are a number of great golfers, I have never been one to root for anyone in particular. I was a big Greg Norman fan until I actually met him - he was one of the biggest assholes I have ever met.

I guess Jordan for the story, I like rooting for "stories" more than anything when it comes to most non-NFL related sporting events :)

• Like 1

I do like Zach I must admit always have. His game is unique and different and not boring at all...

Especially when an air cannon goes off during a putt... that boy has some ups! :)
  • Like 1