Powerage is a great album !

Excellent album...Let There Be Rock, Powerage & Highway To Hell are all excellent albums

What a run of albums that is, especially considering that it follows the 3 album run of High Voltage, TNT and Dirty Deeds.

Aren't TNT and High Voltage the same album?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Flick of the Switch is Powerage's bas**ard son or a brother from a different mother - very bluesy, even if it is BJ.

Rising Power is a great tune.

I think the Bon era has slightly more variety. The Johnson era wouldn't have a song like Ride On. They're a little heavier band with Johnson. I like both eras, although I think Back in Black and For Those About To Rock are their best albums.

• Like 1

Excellent album...Let There Be Rock, Powerage & Highway To Hell are all excellent albums

What a run of albums that is, especially considering that it follows the 3 album run of High Voltage, TNT and Dirty Deeds.

One of the more confusing bands to keep the albums straight so it's an easy error to make. At one point I had it all memorized but that was many years ago.

I always stayed awake to watch The Midnight Special and Don Kirschner's Rock Concert as a kid ... Back in '78, I was excited to see Aerosmith and Ted Nugent on The Midnight Special, but I was totally blown away when I see this unknown band ( unknown to me ) do "Sin City"

I have loved them - Bon era - ever since

The Aussie High Voltage is their first true release and has an almost completely different tracklist (Soul Stripper, You Aint Got a Hold on Me, Baby Please Dont Go, Show Business, Love Song...). Their 2nd album, TNT, was essentially released in the US under the album title High Voltage. TNT has School Days on it, a Chuck Berry cover, and Rocker, ehich appears on the US Dirty Deeds instead of Jailbreak and Rock in Peace. Edited by goose

Bon had astonishing stage presence. The run of albums featuring him was simply amazing.

As a live band, there was no-one to touch them for sheer excitement.

Amazingly tight rhythm section backing Angus's manic guitar, topped off by Bon's vocals,

Could not be bettered in the 70's.

So sad he died just as the band was breaking world-wide.

POWERAGE showcased all these attributes. Brilliant, under-rated album.

Edited by foghorn-leghorn

Been a fan of AC/DC for over 30 years now. I have all their albums, dvd's, boxed sets, books about the band and so on. I cherish the Bon era especially, and if I had to pick just one album from the catalogue to listen to for the rest of my life, it would be Powerage. Great set of songs, the playing and singing is top notch plus the production is just perfect for the band. Not too raw, not too clean.
  • Like 1

If Bon hadn't died, I think they would eventually fire him...his habits were already starting to interfere with his stage performance. I think he started to shoot heroin in his last days.

If Bon hadn't died, I think they would eventually fire him...his habits were already starting to interfere with his stage performance. I think he started to shoot heroin in his last days.

There's no evidence of heroin use whatsoever. I've read about some rumours going on at the time, but there was never no proof of anything.

I think in 1977 or 78 the Youngs might have thought of replacing Bon, mainly because some record company suits said that it would be hard to make it in the States with Bon, but since Highway To Hell went there well, Bon was off the hook.

• Like 1

I don´t have evidence either, all I know id from the books and interviews I´ve read. In their last tour he was hanging out with UFO´s Pete Way, a notorious abuser of several "unconventional" substances. I guess that´s where the rumours came from.

And speaking of Highway to Hell...how come Touch too Much never became a radio hit? That song was made for the charts!!!

Agree. A mystery to me as well. Actually we played it with my band as teenagers, back in the 80's. Our version sucked, but it was fun to play!