Happy Father's Day

Your_Lion

Currently in Kansas City with my family. Dad wanted to come down for the weekend.

Happy Father's Day to the dads on here I've gotten to know :cheers:

Special mention to Narp. Your kids are grown up, but you'll always be their dad.

Edited by BowlCity
  • Like 2

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there.

This is a bittersweet Father's Day to me. My dad, who's 87, is slowly slipping into dementia. There are still moments of relative lucidity but they are becoming less frequent. While there are so many good times to remember and my dad knows how I feel about him, it's still extremely tough to experience.

My dad would probably be described as a common man, but he was anything but. He poured his heart and soul into his work as a teacher and as a parent. That doesn't make him the only one like this, but he was (and still is) a unique (and great) man and as I struggle to be the man he was (and will likely not become), I owe him so, so very much.

• Like 7

This is a bittersweet Father's Day to me. My dad, who's 87, is slowly slipping into dementia. There are still moments of relative lucidity but they are becoming less frequent. While there are so many good times to remember and my dad knows how I feel about him, it's still extremely tough to experience.

My dad would probably be described as a common man, but he was anything but. He poured his heart and soul into his work as a teacher and as a parent. That doesn't make him the only one like this, but he was (and still is) a unique (and great) man and as I struggle to be the man he was (and will likely not become), I owe him so, so very much.

He did a good job on you LABT. That's the mark of a caring man. In your life, I know you applied much of how he raised you to your children.

• Like 2

Chills my friend and plenty of them. Beautiful...
  • Like 3

Currently in Kansas City with my family. Dad wanted to come down for the weekend.

Happy Father's Day to the dads on here I've gotten to know :cheers:

Special mention to Narp. Your kids are grown up, but you'll always be their dad.

:cheers: Thanks so much BC. It is true indeed... :)

Happy Fathers Day indeed to all the dads here. A great bunch of folks here for sure. If only the entire world could have the blessings we do. :cheers: to all here
  • Like 1

He did a good job on you LABT. That's the mark of a caring man. In your life, I know you applied much of how he raised you to your children.

• Like 1

Chills my friend and plenty of them. Beautiful...

You too...thanks! :blush: I'm a lucky guy, for sure.

• Like 2

My boys both, individually, when they woke up and came downstairs this morning, gave me a hug and said, "Happy Father's Day, Dad."

I really don't need anything more than that. :)

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 5

My boys both, individually, when they woke up and came downstairs this morning, gave me a hug and said, "Happy Farther's Day, Dad."

My kids made up a comic strip (Mr. Peeps and his exploding cupcake sprinkles), and did the same thing your boys did. Nothing better!

• Like 4

My boys both, individually, when they woke up and came downstairs this morning, gave me a hug and said, "Happy Farther's Day, Dad."

My kids made up a comic strip (Mr. Peeps and his exploding cupcake sprinkles), and did the same thing your boys did. Nothing better!

Haha...that's awesome.

I just went to my dad's house, took him a card, and spent a little time talking with him. He didn't know I was coming over; I just went over and called him while I was sitting in his driveway. He invited me in and we talked for awhile.

He turned 70 a month ago, and is still the picture of health. I'm very fortunate to have him.

• Like 2

I can totally identify with what you are going through. This is my first father's day without my dad, who died from dementia last month at the age of 86. I am trying to remember and celebrate the man he was before the dementia started to take him away.

• Like 4

I can totally identify with what you are going through. This is my first father's day without my dad, who died from dementia last month at the age of 86. I am trying to remember and celebrate the man he was before the dementia started to take him away.

I'm sorry for your loss, pip.

:rose:

• Like 3

Sorry to hear that pip65...love your attitude and best of luck to you as you do that.

• Like 3

I'm sorry, LABT, that your Dad's health is declining. I lost my Dad in 2010 and it was heartbreaking watching him deteriorate.

So sorry to pip65 also for your Dad's passing. You are right - remember the good times before the decline - this is what helps me every day.

If you still have your Dad, give him your love and enjoy as much time as you can while you can.

• Like 3

I'm sorry, LABT, that your Dad's health is declining. I lost my Dad in 2010 and it was heartbreaking watching him deteriorate.

So sorry to pip65 also for your Dad's passing. You are right - remember the good times before the decline - this is what helps me every day.

If you still have your Dad, give him your love and enjoy as much time as you can while you can.

Thanks...I appreciate the kind words, and good advice. And may your dad rest in peace. My wife lost hers in early 2012 and it's still tough on her every day. I'm just glad she could spend his last month together to be there for him. I may not be so lucky, unfortunately.

• Like 2