Anyone see cameras filming in toronto last night??

nicky6

i'm dubious, they're using the same clowns who bitched up the clockwork angels video!

The video for CA tour was absolutely amazing. They had some really great shots of the band. It was editing/mixing that ruined that release. But the film itself was good.

• Like 3

i'm dubious, they're using the same clowns who bitched up the clockwork angels video!

The video for CA tour was absolutely amazing. They had some really great shots of the band. It was editing/mixing that ruined that release. But the film itself was good.

Exactly. Hopefully they get someone else to edit it.

Allan appears to be in charge again.

I was so hopeful for the CA live album . the orchestra the deep cuts...was hoping they'd give it the royal treatment but nope it fell flat soundwise.

The only way there's hope in the r40 DVD sounding allright is maybe they get David bottrill to mix since he's done their last few projects (1997 Toronto show )

I never understood why they always approved the concert films that are always cutting to the next shot every three seconds. I find that dizzying and completely ruining the live experience. At least in the last couple films, when they change the shot, at least they'll usually keep the same performer in the subsequent shot.

Honestly l i really thought the CA DVD was done well (Im gonna go hide now) but it was light years in front of the Rio dvd

I agree. I don't mind it at all.

When it comes to the videos, I just want to make sure that I see the proper person playing a solo, fill, whatever.... Like when Neil goes to play the chimes during Xanadu, PLEASE show him playing the chimes...OR when something cool is on the screen, they show that, or a nice back of the venue shot if the lights are doing something pretty cool...

Other than that, how do you justify what is shown on screen...it's all luck of the draw...

I also just hope that the sound is decent. (and they don't overkill audience noise)

• Like 1

When it comes to the videos, I just want to make sure that I see the proper person playing a solo, fill, whatever.... Like when Neil goes to play the chimes during Xanadu, PLEASE show him playing the chimes...OR when something cool is on the screen, they show that, or a nice back of the venue shot if the lights are doing something pretty cool...

Other than that, how do you justify what is shown on screen...it's all luck of the draw...

I also just hope that the sound is decent. (and they don't overkill audience noise)

Yeah exactly. The last DVD the view was all over the place. Oh look, Alex is playing a solo! Let's focus on some dude in the back row!

Allan appears to be in charge again.

He should stick to scarfing down hot dogs at the Jays games, he does that well!!! :hotdog:
  • Like 1