The 2015 US Open Thread

Bob Rossberg  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have the better score?

• Cole Hammer
    • Tiger Woods

Was just watching a piece about how Chambers Bay was born and eventually got the Open. Geez I hope Fox does this thing justice. The course just looks way cool. I have already heard about the gazillion cameras and fancy tech stuff Fox has going on there. Just hope its not overdone and they ruin in. Old school, out... :codger:

The course looks completely badass. PGA has spoiled these brats with -18 ready courses. Take yer medicine!

I've heard they'll be using drones in their coverage.

I saw that too. Good grief...

Wouldn't be too hard to get this sent to SOCN, would it? :)

Was just watching a piece about how Chambers Bay was born and eventually got the Open. Geez I hope Fox does this thing justice. The course just looks way cool. I have already heard about the gazillion cameras and fancy tech stuff Fox has going on there. Just hope its not overdone and they ruin in. Old school, out... :codger:

The course looks completely badass. PGA has spoiled these brats with -18 ready courses. Take yer medicine!

I've heard they'll be using drones in their coverage.

I saw that too. Good grief...

Wouldn't be too hard to get this sent to SOCN, would it? :)

:LOL:
  • Like 1

Coverage on Fox starts at 12:00 EST or 9:00 PST.

11 hours coverage today, the way it should be.

Vacation booked - check. Family knows to avoid my chair for the next 4 days... Check. I'm ready... Bring it on.

Oh are we gonna use this thread for our commentary and not the usual one? Works for me. The course will be the star of the show I can tell already. I swear when they came on air I felt like it was about 3:00 am and I was tuning into and "Open Championship". It looks just like one. The ugly "grass" and greens in particular. Digg'in it already. We are going to be watching this until after bedtime. How great is this?... :cheers: :dweez:
  • Like 1

Vacation booked - check. Family knows to avoid my chair for the next 4 days... Check. I'm ready... Bring it on.

Oh are we gonna use this thread for our commentary and not the usual one? Works for me. The course will be the star of the show I can tell already. I swear when they came on air I felt like it was about 3:00 am and I was tuning into and "Open Championship". It looks just like one. The ugly "grass" and greens in particular. Digg'in it already. We are going to be watching this until after bedtime. How great is this?... :cheers: :dweez:

If you are a golf fan, it can't get any better than this... I say let's use this thread for this special tournament, the best one of the year

• Like 1

If you are a golf fan, it can't get any better than this... I say let's use this thread for this special tournament, the best one of the year

Agreed. Just so cool. I'll be watching the second half of Tigers round tonight lying in bed. Love prime time golf. I am assuming they are going to do that over the weekend as well. Finishing well after dark eastern time. Can mow the grass and watch all the golf... :LOL:
  • Like 1

Leaderboard currently has some long hitters. Boo Adam Scott with granddad putter.

Bunkers with stairs, I love this. This is a great course. Yes, Narps, prime time golf all 4 days.

Any guesses as to who they are rooting for already?... Geez :) Edited by Narps

Leaderboard currently has some long hitters. Boo Adam Scott with granddad putter.

Bunkers with stairs, I love this. This is a great course. Yes, Narps, prime time golf all 4 days.

Any guesses as to who they are rooting for already?... Geez :)

I haven't picked it up, but I'm slow. Who do you think?

I like that they have to play while the train runs.. Haha

Phil Phil Phil and more Phil. Patrick Reed making a move... :dweez:

Phil Phil Phil and more Phil. Patrick Reed making a move... :dweez:

I guess they want to promote Phil as he's a sentimental fav...

Go Patrick, I'd be happy for him if he won...

I don't care for Bubba Watson's attitude... Whiner.

Never could stand him. Big baby...
  • Like 1

Tiger is getting ready... :scared: Oh geez :unsure:

Yes, I'm curious how Tiger will do...

Stenson and Johnson had good rounds today.

Curious would be a good word for it. Nervous would be another. I never thought I would see the day when I expect him to play bad and shoot a high score but now I do... :codger:

Curious would be a good word for it. Nervous would be another. I never thought I would see the day when I expect him to play bad and shoot a high score but now I do... :codger:

I'm going out on a limb to say he goes low today. Course is playing pretty easy. I'm watching online the feed from the short par 4 13th. Two guys just made eagle in the same group. It's a blind shot, but the green is a funnel for the bold. 6-12 for eagle guaranteed 8f you go for it.

I'm going out on a limb to say he goes low today. Course is playing pretty easy. I'm watching online the feed from the short par 4 13th. Two guys just made eagle in the same group. It's a blind shot, but the green is a funnel for the bold. 6-12 for eagle guaranteed 8f you go for it.

I would love to believe it but now I gotta see it first. The opening tee shot will tell me alot. He seems always to hit a lousy one and bogey the first hole every round anymore...

I would love to believe it but now I gotta see it first. The opening tee shot will tell me alot. He seems always to hit a lousy one and bogey the first hole every round anymore...

True about the hole 1 bogeys. But not today, I say...
  • Like 1