Hardest Rocking Rush Song?

Rockosmith

BU2B [single] is what I first thought of.

And on second thought...?

On second thought there's a lot of songs that are as hard as BU2B, but nothing is a harder rocker.

Pretty good track, that one. :cheers:
  • Like 1

What's is the heaviest Rush song?

Something For Nothing

is up there for me. Tempo and heavy shredding.

Fuckk really? Great song but no way. Someone said The Camera Eye? Ugh.

I love your title but some don't get it.

Obviously it's "Cygnus X-1" off of "AFWTK.

• Like 1

Hardest rocking song and we get answers like Circumstances and Losing It? Huh....hard rocking violins I guess:)

How about some songs from VT? Overall, still the most metal of the Rush records IMO. VT bites the head off the debut record and spits it out.

I'll agree on the original version of VT, but that David Botrill remix strips-out so much of the heaviness. I'm glad there are fan remasters out there that fix the clipping issues without losing the oomph of the original mix.

Edited by malnar

On second thought there's a lot of songs that are as hard as BU2B, but nothing is a harder rocker.

And by "nothing" you mean "Something for Nothing" I assume..

• Like 1

I've always found ATWAS to be over-rated. Yes...there was a youthful energy, but man was it sloppy and loose by Rush standards. That's as sloppy and over-playing as you will hear Peart....that's for sure. Exit blows it away. Fire away 70's Rush purists!!!

Not gonna bother much. Exit is a glorified studio/live/greatest hits album. Simple as that. ATWAS kicks @ss like nothing before or since for that matter. End of story...

Couldn't agree more.

:haz:

RUSH ABC

I see what you did and approve... :)
  • Like 1

Something for nothing sounds like classic rock to me, not really hard rock. Maybe it's just a matter of better production leading to the ability to crank the distortion in later years. But basically everything on Vapor Trails is a harder rocker than Something for Nothing.

Something for nothing sounds like classic rock to me, not really hard rock. Maybe it's just a matter of better production leading to the ability to crank the distortion in later years. But basically everything on Vapor Trails is a harder rocker than Something for Nothing.

Sure it is. Enjoy the "hard rocker" and I'll go for the well produced great music... :cheers:
  • Like 1

Sure it is. Enjoy the "hard rocker" and I'll go for the well produced great music... :cheers:

Vapor Trails is my favorite album, Presto my 5th favorite (ish).

Hard rock doesn't make me think something is better or not, but in general, I like Rush's song writing better as time went on. But that doesn't mean I don't like the album 2112.

Vapor Trails is my favorite album, Presto my 5th favorite (ish).

Hard rock doesn't make me think something is better or not, but in general, I like Rush's song writing better as time went on. But that doesn't mean I don't like the album 2112.

Fair enough. I really do think it makes a big difference what you grew up with. I can never prove it but I really think it matters as to folks preference in music in general and certainly Rush music through the years...

I say that anything from Counterparts onward is erring into the heavy metal category.

Oh, T4E is just FULL of metal: Half the World, The Color of Right, Totem, Resist, Carve Away the Stone...:D

I say that anything from Counterparts onward is erring into the heavy metal category.

Oh, T4E is just FULL of metal: Half the World, The Color of Right, Totem, Resist, Carve Away the Stone... :D

Driven is pretty heavy.

• Like 2

The Hyperspace section of Natural Science rocks pretty hard.

It kicks some royal @ss too... :cheers: Edited by Narps
  • Like 1

Oh, T4E is just FULL of metal: Half the World, The Color of Right, Totem, Resist, Carve Away the Stone... :D

Driven is pretty heavy.

It's heavier than anything mentioned in the previous post in my view. It is definitely a hard rock'in song...
  • Like 1