What's your favorite R-40 setlist? (SPOILERS)

What's your favorite R-40 setlist?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite R-40 setlist?

• Set A: with Clockwork Angels, One Little Victory, Distant Early Warning, Red Barchetta
    • Set B: with The Wreckers, How It Is, Between The Wheels, The Camera Eye
    • Set C: with Clockwork Angels, One Little Victory, Distant Early Warning, YYZ, Natural Science

So after a few rotations it appears there are, at least for now, three sets:

A: with CA, OLV, DEW, RB

B: with TW, HII, BTW, TCE

C: with CA, OLV, DEW, YYZ, NS

Even with the bonus song in set C, it doesn't necessarily have to be your favorite set.

What is your favorite setlist?

I would love to hear Natural Science live, much more then Jacob´s Ladder, so I vote for that!

You get Jacob's Ladder in all three sets.

With a Natural Science choice you get YYZ....but lose the other options with Set A & B... The Wreckers. How It Is, Between The Wheels, Red Barchetta , The Camera Eye

Set A easy. I love DEW and Red Barchetta is the song that convinced me to learn guitar and bass definitely in my top 10 Rush tunes, unlike YYZ, Nat sci, or TCE. I will admit Nat Sci is freaking amazing so if you hadn't seen it, theres a great draw!

Edited by beerdband

I would love to hear Natural Science live, much more then Jacob´s Ladder, so I vote for that!

You get Jacob's Ladder in all three sets.

With a Natural Science choice you get YYZ....but lose the other options with Set A & B... The Wreckers. How It Is, Between The Wheels, Red Barchetta , The Camera Eye

I take Natural Science over all those songs

• Like 1

Set C. Natsci.....YYZ.

Although i do like Red Barchetta.

but NatSci is the tipping point.

Mick

I think most would agree.

I would give up YYZ for Red Barchetta or The Camera Eye easily.

But Natural Science is so epic.

• Like 1

Set A easy. I love DEW and Red Barchetta is the song that convinced me to learn guitar and bass definitely in my top 10 Rush tunes, unlike YYZ, Nat sci, or TCE. I will admit Nat Sci is freaking amazing so if you hadn't seen it, theres a great draw!

You get DEW in set A & C....so you would prefer Red Barchetta over both Natural Science and YYZ ?....Interesting, and a choice I am also struggling with.

Edited by WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER

I have been fortunate enough to see most all these songs live several times...

For me it becomes more a question of not what I want to see most, but what do I want to see, most probably, one last time.

When I look at it this way...Between The Wheels and Red Barchetta stand out.

Yes, if you have never seen a certain song live before, it may/should sway your vote.

I, of course, have never seen How It Is before....and I love Between The Wheels....so it is tempting to want to add to my 'Rush songs I've seen live' list with a C set vote.

With Natural Science thrown in the mix...It would seem an easy choice, if you only had one choice.

If you factor in a fan's past live songs seen and their personal favorite preferences...Maybe the choice is a bit harder for some.

I actually prefer set B. I would take Between The Wheels and The Camera Eye over DEW and the other Moving Pictures tracks and Natural Science. I love Natural Science, but I really want to see The Camera Eye.
  • Like 1

I don't really have a favorite.

Thanks for your input.... :eh:

Just kidding...It's basically the same stance I'm taking. It's a difficult choice even as either choice can be made personally valid.

I get to see the last two shows and whatever I get will be extremely personally satisfyingly for varying reasons.

Though, yeah, any of these sets will have me excited to be at the show. And any of the potential swap-ins that are being rumoured, too! As long as set 2 stays pretty much the same I'll be happy. I am looking forward to the Jacob's Ladder through the end of the set run of songs like no one's business.

I have been fortunate enough to see most all these songs live several times...

For me it becomes more a question of not what I want to see most, but what do I want to see, most probably, one last time.

When I look at it this way...Between The Wheels and Red Barchetta stand out.

I went with C, which I'll get in Tampa. But when you put it this way, it makes it much more difficult.

It means deciding what songs I will possibly never see again. And the thought of never seeing Red Barchetta again is difficult to accept. It's a much tougher choice then first thought.

• Like 1

I actually prefer set B. I would take Between The Wheels and The Camera Eye over DEW and the other Moving Pictures tracks and Natural Science. I love Natural Science, but I really want to see The Camera Eye.

The desire to see The Camera Eye live is and should be a powerful desire.

The Camera Eye is in my Top Ten Rush songs...as well as my Top Ten songs. Natural Science is on both Top Ten lists also. If you could get both in one set...pure joy. We probably got that on the MP Tour, can't recall or confirm that.

I don't really have a favorite.

Thanks for your input.... :eh:

Just kidding...It's basically the same stance I'm taking. It's a difficult choice even as either choice can be made personally valid.

I get to see the last two shows and whatever I get will be extremely personally satisfyingly for varying reasons.

I thought about it for some time and finally decided it doesn't really matter. I love Natural Science but I don't care for the two Vapor Trails songs in that set so it all kind of evens out. Honestly I don't really care which set I get to see because I'll get to see the guys again. That's the main thing.