Something crazy I noticed about the setlist

Carrystress

I think tonight will answer a lot… if we do get that B setlist then its clearly a three set rotation and maybe Losing It will just get select shows. I'm still confused how accurate the 37 songs were rehearsed rumour is. Im also wondering how long they are going to stick with How It Is. I have a feeling they will make OLV permanent soon enough.

WHAT???????????

How could 4 concerts worth of Rush fans and all the diehard Rush fans on here not notice this...........??

I need a drink

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag153/Freedom80065/breaking-news-3_zpssefuwawb.jpg

That Garden Road riff shocked the heck out of me. As I'm sure everyone else.

I was so unprepared for it that I didn't even recognize it...... :doh:

• Like 2

People who hate the newer songs have more time to shop for swag and beer, and hit the head before going to their seat. That won't be me. I'll be standing in front of my seat before the first video starts. Maybe if Alex throws another pick my way, the guy next to me won't steal it from under my heel like last tour.

It is a great concept but makes for a boring set 1 if you're not into later Rush.

but i still like the concept.

Mick

The first set still has an amazing gift for fans. After RTB they play DEW/BTW, and you finally get the sense that they understand what the fans want to hear live.

• Like 1

I think tonight will answer a lot… if we do get that B setlist then its clearly a three set rotation and maybe Losing It will just get select shows. I'm still confused how accurate the 37 songs were rehearsed rumour is. Im also wondering how long they are going to stick with How It Is. I have a feeling they will make OLV permanent soon enough.

God, I hope not.

The first set feels like a show they could have done the last five years.

The second set could be on a MP tour, with a huge segment of it a journey to a distant prog land.

The encore has a feel of them when they were a warm up opening act.

The visuals changing throughout enhance the experience.

Not sure if anything like this has been done before by any band (if any have a catalogue that it could work where they evolve or de-evolve musical style) and with stage such attention to detail.

There is also a brilliant symmetry to how they do it (having such a precise set of rules for song order) and are able to maintain traditional placement of songs in the big slots.

Close the first set with subdivisions....they've done that

Start second set with T Soy....End it with 2112....done and done...brilliant!

• Like 1

When I was at the show, I also noticed that they are varying the lighting slightly for the different eras. The second set seems a lot more "old school" in regards to the light show (except maybe TSOR, which is as chaotic as usual).