Tulsa is up on dime

Digital Dad

The only bad song so far vocally is Anthem. I don't know why they tried that one lol! Everything else is great!

They "tried" it because "real Rush fans" complain!

and then say how bad it is :laughing guy:

Mick

Geddy's vocal limitations aside, I thought it kicked ass.

I admire the work Geddy puts into his performances. I imagine it's not easy to sing those early songs after 40 years. Personally, I think it's nitpicking pointing out Geddy's vocals. The man is a treasure.

Edited by ReRushed
  • Like 2

Wait, before Jacob's Ladder Geddy says "...a song we've never played live." Geddy! I get that it's been 30 years, but you played it on the entire Permanent Waves tour, AND it's on Exit... Stage Left.

Oh well, I shouldn't give him a hard time. Getting old gets like that sometimes. :)

I was thinking about this one as well... Why did Geddy say that? :o

• Like 1

Wait, before Jacob's Ladder Geddy says "...a song we've never played live." Geddy! I get that it's been 30 years, but you played it on the entire Permanent Waves tour, AND it's on Exit... Stage Left.

Oh well, I shouldn't give him a hard time. Getting old gets like that sometimes. :)

The answer is in your signature pic. :LOL:

The answer is in your signature pic. :LOL:

You mean he was drunk? :o

Why did Geddy say that?

Because he can't be expected to remember forty years of set lists.

What Rush should have done is hire a TrueRushFan™ as a consultant about matters such as this.

lol..........i love you Lorraine :laughing guy: :hug2:

Mick

• Like 1

Why did Geddy say that?

What Rush should have done is hire a TrueRushFan™ as a consultant about matters such as this.

that means he never heard Exit...

• Like 1

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/greyfriar2112/RUSH%20-%202015-05-08%20TULSA%20FRONT_zpsv99ksiwx.jpg

Why did Geddy say that?

that means he never heard Exit...

Maybe his memory is going. He may be Geddy Lee to us, but he's still a mortal and finite human being subject to the same things the rest of us peons are.

For what it's worth he did apologize for it at Lincoln saying.

"I have NO memory of that!!"

lol

Mick

Did he really say that? Then it is true. He looked out in the audience and saw the SOCN TRF contingent sitting there all lined up like ducks and he suffered from a momentary memory lapse when it came to Jacob's Ladder.

• Like 1

lol

Mick

Did he really say that? Then it is true. He looked out in the audience and saw the SOCN TRF contingent sitting there all lined up like ducks and he suffered from a momentary memory lapse when it came to Jacob's Ladder.

yup he did and i laughed. I didn't think he would aknoledge his slip.

Good on ya Ged.

Mick

lol

Mick

Good on ya Ged.

Mick

Good for him to acknowledge it like that! I wonder who called it to his attention? :)

But, honestly - can you imagine how crammed his memory must be? I think they only did Jacob's Ladder in a few shows and then it was dropped, and that was almost 35 years ago. He can't be expected to remember everything at this point in time.

• Like 1

lol

Mick

Good on ya Ged.

Mick

Good for him to acknowledge it like that! I wonder who called it to his attention? :)

But, honestly - can you imagine how crammed his memory must be? I think they only did Jacob's Ladder in a few shows and then it was dropped, and that was almost 35 years ago. He can't be expected to remember everything at this point in time.

Do you really think he don't even remember Exit...Stage Left? :smoke:

I'm pretty sure Ged has the ultimate Rush bootleg collection. He knows that stuff like the Poughkeepsie soundboard exists.

• Like 1

neil claimed in an interview in 2010 durning time machine that they never ever played camera eye live before. well, lets see, you played it for a whole year in 1981 and the signals tour 82-83.. ummmmm..

Considering they've had such a long career I wouldn't be surprised if they would forget if they played something or not.
  • Like 1