Alex: "If This Is The Last Major Tour That We Do, I Want To Go Out With Flying Colors"

zappafrank

Once again, if you can't read between the lines, look harder.

They're heading into retirement. Rightfully so. 40 years is plenty. Neil's bones are breakin' down.

This is it, kids. See 'em one last time. :)

Yeah I don't get the "oh but maybe they'll do this or that" mentality. Let them retire in peace.

Yup. They're the kinda guys who AREN'T going to outright proclaim THIS IS THE LAST TOUR.

Peaceful quiet retirement is right up their alley.

I guess some folks think if they don't deliver it Motley Crue style (FAREWELL TOUR, LET'S CHARGE 5 GRAND A SEAT), there's hope for more. I get it. But really, it's just about how Rush operates. I'd be shocked if they actually titled a tour their actual farewell. Not their bag o' beans. Humility is something Rush gets.

Exactly. I don't think they want to face the fact that they're getting older anymore than we do. I think they'll continue to play and probably record some stuff, but I think this is it as far as touring goes. I don't think we've heard the last new music from them.

No more tours. One-off gigs in LA or Toronto or NYC, maybe. And yeah, I think Geddy will encourage the other two to drop an EP one more time.

• Like 1

I'm just disappointed Alex didn't jump on the chance to use the Rickyism "flying carpets"!

What if, in classic Alex, he really means he wants Portnoy's side project "Flying Colors" to open up for them instead?