Rush: Badass Enough?

Geddy's Soul Patch

Roger Taylor that's the dude! My post was tounge in cheek aboot the March Madness Drummers poll, the one Neil faced off against Tico Torres and nearly LOST! :(

Geez. It's weird to see so many people okay with piped in vox or replacement singers.

No Neil on drums? No Rush.

No Alex on guitar? No Rush.

No Geddy on vox or bass? No Rush.

That is all. :)

• Like 3

I think it would depend on how he lost his voice. If it were just a temporary thing, then yeah, they'd just postpone. If it were permanent, then they'd just cancel the tour.
  • Like 1

The "Rappin' Rush" tour - he just speaks the lyrics over the music. Maybe like those beatnik dudes, reading poetry over music, like Mike Myers in So I Married an Axe Murderer ("Woman: whoa, man!). Lee's got the soul patch already, and the round sunglasses. He just needs a beret and a black outfit.
  • Like 2

Funny, I have been chirping a little about if they do the R40 medley, it would be way cool if they Sampled some vintage Ged sing/screaming. A whole concert with piped in studio vocal would be way too much, but sampled in bits on a medley instrumental would be awesome.

yeah oooooooooh yeah

I say bring on the bouncing-ball audience sing-along! That would be great fun! :dweez: They could play Fly by Night, Bastille Day, an In the Mood/Going Bald medley...

Geez, Rush fans are getting more like Tart Poptarko. Good thing retirement is near.

Well they have been always recognized by mainstream as an instrumental band with lyrics. but to me the whole gig is like a 3 legged milking (or bar) stool. with three legs stability, take one leg away then the stool comes tumbling down. I actually think they would opt for voice enhansing synths (even if they had to modify the existing technology) where Ged wouldn't have to strain his voice and the band would remain as it should be. I say this with the most respect for Geddy but there are lot of "POP" artists (term used loosly) that use voice synthisising technology because they can't sing in the range of the material their producer/record company bought from the song bank to create top 10 sensation. Young Geddy was not so nice to old Geddy but wouldn't it be wonderful to hear him sing 70's era material even if it was electronically manipulated. impo yes Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

Well they have been always recognized by mainstream as an instrumental band with lyrics. but to me the whole gig is like a 3 legged milking (or bar) stool. with three legs stability, take one leg away then the stool comes tumbling down. I actually think they would opt for voice enhansing synths (even if they had to modify the existing technology) where Ged wouldn't have to strain his voice and the band would remain as it should be. I say this with the most respect for Geddy but there are lot of "POP" artists (term used loosly) that use voice synthisising technology because they can't sing in the range of the material their producer/record company bought from the song bank to create top 10 sensation. Young Geddy was not so nice to old Geddy but wouldn't it be wonderful to hear him sing 70's era material even if it was electronically manipulated. impo yes

Cool with that. They play half the stuff with computers anyway.

I love Rush...I love their music...

But they ain't badass. They are lovable gentlemen who just happen to rock!