The TRF Infirmary Thread

Lorraine

Just returned from the orthopedist.

MRI looks pretty good.

No more surgeries.

Making progress...

...life is good!

Very happy...extremely uncomfortable but happy!

Sorry to hear that you're extremely uncomfortable (hope that'll improve soon!), but I am SO GLAD to hear all of the rest! This is excellent news! :ebert:

Thank you so much!

I injured my knees on 28 March...

...almost a year ago.

It's been a rough year.

I feel happy to be (finally) moving in the right direction.

Chronic pain really ages you.

I'm looking forward to feeling young again in the very near future.

You're welcome! That's a long, rough year indeed! I'm glad that youthful feeling is coming back up around the corner for you :)

• Like 1

We don't have cardinals here either. Or blue jays. I miss them because we had plenty of them back on the East Coast.

But we have plenty of crows and woodpeckers and robins. Also, in the summer, lots of little birds (not sure what they are) that sing the prettiest little tune. They flit from branch to branch. Sometimes hang upside down (no, they're not bats!!). I love listening to and watching them.

We have tons of Cardinals in our area of Michigan. The Downy woodpecker from last year is back....smaller blue and black birds that go down a tree trunk facing downward are called Nut Hatches (I LOVE those!) We have smaller birds also that have long and beautiful songs. Haven't found out what they are specifically yet, but I hear them every spring/summer/fall...wish I could find the box that alla my bird books are in....I have a cassette tape of birdsongs :musicnote: :banana:

• Like 1

Funny how a person's perspective on many things can be changed in an instant.

A lump was found on my breast by my doctor. I thought I felt it myself a few weeks ago when I was checking.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry, and I can't stop shivering for some reason.

:hug2: :hug2: Hang in there, Lorraine! I think that is such a scary thing to find, but you definitely did the right thing by going to the doctor. My doctor says that he gets frustrated because many women find one and then wait a year or two before they tell him because they are too nervous. I''ll keep my fingers crossed for you- 80% of breast lumps turn out to be benign.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

A lump was found on my breast by my doctor. I thought I felt it myself a few weeks ago when I was checking.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry, and I can't stop shivering for some reason.

:hug2: :hug2: Hang in there, Lorraine! I think that is such a scary thing to find, but you definitely did the right thing by going to the doctor. My doctor says that he gets frustrated because many women find one and then wait a year or two before they tell him because they are too nervous. I''ll keep my fingers crossed for you- 80% of breast lumps turn out to be benign.

Thanks, Chica. It's not what I was expecting to find out from this routine visit, and it has thrown me off balance.

Me too, Lorraine.....get better, kiddo!!! :hug2: :)

• Like 1

Thanks, Chica. It's not what I was expecting to find out from this routine visit, and it has thrown me off balance.

I just went through this myself. Quite a few women there when I had my mammogram done and they all came out of there heaving a sigh of relief. I'm sure everything will be okay.

• Like 1

I'm praying for you, sister, that it will all work out. Sending love your way.

• Like 1

I certainly understand how much that kind of news can alter perspective before the diagnosis is even made. Best wishes to you, Lorraine. I hope all will turn out to be well, and in the meantime I hope you'll be able to take some comfort in the statistics that others have already mentioned :hug2:

• Like 2

I will keep you in my prayers that all will be fine, I also know some awesome prayer warriors that I will enlist on your behalf. The worst thing you can do is weaken your body with worry! I know easier said than done but true. You need positive holistic energy flowing in your veins. :yes: :angel: :heart:

• Like 2

Me too, Lorraine.....get better, kiddo!!! :hug2: :)

I just went through this myself. Quite a few women there when I had my mammogram done and they all came out of there heaving a sigh of relief. I'm sure everything will be okay.

I'm praying for you, sister, that it will all work out. Sending love your way.

I certainly understand how much that kind of news can alter perspective before the diagnosis is even made. Best wishes to you, Lorraine. I hope all will turn out to be well, and in the meantime I hope you'll be able to take some comfort in the statistics that others have already mentioned :hug2:

I will keep you in my prayers that all will be fine, I also know some awesome prayer warriors that I will enlist on your behalf. The worst thing you can do is weaken your body with worry! I know easier said than done but true. You need positive holistic energy flowing in your veins. :yes: :angel: :heart:

Thank you everyone for your support and encouragement. I'll find out next Wednesday morning; that's when the mammogram is scheduled. I'm sure everything will be okay.

I hope.

:hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

• Like 8

Praying for you Lorraine and echo all of the kind words of encouragement and advice by the others.

I'm sure it is difficult not to be stressed and worried, but try to remain positive and optimistic.

You've got the whole of the TRF community in your corner.

Love, hope, strength to you.

• Like 2

I hadn't looked at this thread for a little while...prayers and healing wishes to all of you who need them.

I've been highly preoccupied with some things going on at my job, and haven't been around to read much of what's gone on on the forum. I wish everyone well.

• Like 2

Got an email from my doctor this AM - pap smear normal and most other tests. Cholesterol high and she wants to put me on medication for that. I don't know why or how it is so high since I don't eat that much. Does this mean I can't eat bacon anymore? :(

The big test is Wednesday morning at 8. Would greatly appreciate any and all prayers that the lump is nothing. Thank you.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Got an email from my doctor this AM - pap smear normal and most other tests. Cholesterol high and she wants to put me on medication for that. I don't know why or how it is so high since I don't eat that much. Does this mean I can't eat bacon anymore? :(

The big test is Wednesday morning at 8. Would greatly appreciate any and all prayers that the lump is nothing. Thank you.

I'll be sending prayers and positive energy your way Wednesday! I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything turns out normal. We can't have Lorraine in the TRF infirmary for too long! :hug2:

• Like 3

Sending good thoughts your way! :hug2:

• Like 4