The TRF Infirmary Thread

Lorraine

Another visit to the orthopedist. Not as far along as I hoped today. Back on my spin bike I go. I will win.

You will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDqa4ZFZkwU

Another visit to the orthopedist. Not as far along as I hoped today. Back on my spin bike I go. I will win.

Best wishes, my friend. I know you will win, you have the drive needed to be successful

Thanks so much! The plus side is that he said my cardiologist will love me...spinning an hour a day has my heart very strong for a geezer! :)
  • Like 1

Sliced my right index finger at work Monday night and was in the ER until 9:30 am. Severed a tendon and need surgery to it tomorrow morning. Since I am still in college I've had to take a leave of absence from the school for the rest of the semester. I am right handed and will not be able to write for quite a while. I'd rather stay an extra semester than start to fail because I can't keep up. Especially after missing so much this week already. Not looking forward to the surgery. Gonna slice my finger (and some of my palm) to the bone. Looks like I'll be replacing Narps with giving cast updates (hopefully mine is also pink).
  • Like 3

Sliced my right index finger at work Monday night and was in the ER until 9:30 am. Severed a tendon and need surgery to it tomorrow morning. Since I am still in college I've had to take a leave of absence from the school for the rest of the semester. I am right handed and will not be able to write for quite a while. I'd rather stay an extra semester than start to fail because I can't keep up. Especially after missing so much this week already. Not looking forward to the surgery. Gonna slice my finger (and some of my palm) to the bone. Looks like I'll be replacing Narps with giving cast updates (hopefully mine is also pink).

Hey sorry to hear. I wish you the best. Your choice on the color btw... :)

Hope all goes well for you, Union! :hug2:

Sounds like a good plan for school. Good luck with the surgery- hope you feel better soon!

Yikes! Best wishes for your surgery and recovery!

I've been down for a couple of days from hurting my back. Gave my dog a bath and I guess from leaning over him while I was kneeling in the floor threw my back into major spasm. Been hardly able to move. No fun.

I've been down for a couple of days from hurting my back. Gave my dog a bath and I guess from leaning over him while I was kneeling in the floor threw my back into major spasm. Been hardly able to move. No fun.

I know for myself that if I am not at the height of awareness of every move I make, I can do and have done a lot of damage. Even sleeping the wrong way.

Hope it heals soon Eagle. It's hard when you can't move well or at all. The most simple everyday function becomes almost a nightmare to do when the back goes out.

• Like 1

Union, how did the surgery go?

Probably hard for him to type considering its hand surgery.

He can poke out with his left hand "I'm ok." :)

Unless he's enjoying the pain pills a bit too much. :LOL:

• Like 1

I know for myself that if I am not at the height of awareness of every move I make, I can do and have done a lot of damage. Even sleeping the wrong way.

Hope it heals soon Eagle. It's hard when you can't move well or at all. The most simple everyday function becomes almost a nightmare to do when the back goes out.

Thanks! I hate taking medication and especially stuff like muscle relaxers.

• Like 1

Wishing you the best Eagle with the back. Since we are in the Infirmary Thread I seem to be losing my hearing slow but sure. I am scheduled for a CT next Friday to take a closer look in both ears to see what if anything is going on. Just another thing to add to the list. Honestly I would trade the hearing in my right ear completely if it would make the incredible ringing/buzzing in there go away. If it gets much louder I am not sure what I am going to do...

Anyway best of luck with the back as I said Eagle. I have plenty of pills that would help you forget all about it if I could give them to you I would. Mary Jane should be legal too btw... :LOL:

Edited by Narps

Wishing you the best Eagle with the back. Since we are in the Infirmary Thread I seem to be losing my hearing slow but sure. I am scheduled for a CT next Friday to take a closer look in both ears to see what if anything is going on. Just another thing to add to the list. Honestly I would trade the hearing in my right ear completely if it would make the incredible ringing/buzzing in there go away. If it gets much louder I am not sure what I am going to do...

Anyway best of luck with the back as I said Eagle. I have plenty of pills that would help you forget all about it if I could give them to you I would. Mary Jane should be legal too btw... :LOL:

Oh I know how that is. My sympathies. I've had tinnitus in both ears for years, and have some minor hearing loss, definitely not made any better by all of the loud music I've been exposed to. Getting older isn't for sissies. Hope they figure out what's going on with you and can fix it.

Oh I know how that is. My sympathies. I've had tinnitus in both ears for years, and have some minor hearing loss, definitely not made any better by all of the loud music I've been exposed to. Getting older isn't for sissies. Hope they figure out what's going on with you and can fix it.

Nobody seems to be able to "fix" anything. Just more appointments, money, prescriptions, money, different doctors, money etc. 3 weeks till my disability hearing. If I am not approved, life (even as bad as it is now) will only get worse... :sigh:

Nobody seems to be able to "fix" anything. Just more appointments, money, prescriptions, money, different doctors, money etc. 3 weeks till my disability hearing. If I am not approved, life (even as bad as it is now) will only get worse... :sigh:

Oh boy. Good luck! I'm going through that myself right now.

Oh boy. Good luck! I'm going through that myself right now.

:hug2: :rose: ...
  • Like 1

My sister his tinnitus. She went to some swanky upper east side doctor in Manhattan who assured her he could rid her of it. So she had an operation. Which did nothing for her.

My husband has it too. And he's losing his hearing as well.

Yes, Eagle, you are right. Getting old is for the birds. Seriously, had I known it was going to be like this, I might have followed the advice of James Dean.

It's depressing as all hell. What do we have to look forward to at this point? It's not going to get better. We can only hope for the best.

And don't get me started on my ever fading memory. It's so frustrating. Another example of if I am not at the height of awareness when I am putting something away, or moving something from a place it as in for years to another location, I am at a loss as to where it is or what happened to it. Or even on here. Asking questions again that I had asked a few months ago but have no recollection of asking.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2