Ultimate Classic Rock's Battle of the Drumming Titans: Neil Peart vs Tico Torres

laughedatbytime

This is NOT a joke. Well, at least it's not my joke.

The opening round of our new March Drum Madness competition matches two musicians with decades of success behind them, Bon Jovi’s Tico Torres and Neil Peart of Rush.

We’ve placed 32 of the most famous drummers in classic rock history into our March Drum Madness bracket. Over the coming weeks, their ranks will be cut in half in each of five rounds until we arrive at your choice for the greatest rock drummer of all time.

Torres has been in Bon Jovi since the band was formed in 1983. His rock-solid drums have provided the musical backbone on classic anthems like “Livin’ on a Prayer,” “You Give Love a Bad Name” and “It’s My Life.” But for all his accomplishments, Torres is going to have his hands full with Peart, who is widely considered to be among the greatest rock drummers of all-time. He has earned his reputation thanks to his inventive fills and navigation of Rush’s tricky time signatures on “YYZ,” “Tom Sawyer,” “Xanadu” and countless others.

So who’s going to make it to the round of 16? That’s your call. You can vote once per hour in each of our opening March Drum Madness battles until the first round closes on March 23 at 11:59PM ET. The ultimate winner will be revealed on April 7.

Read More: Tico Torres Vs. Neil Peart: March Drum Madness | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/tico-torres-neil-peart-march-drum-madness/?trackback=tsmclip

WTF

Whoever votes for the drummer from f***ing Bon Jovi is a future winner of the Darwin Awards.

Peart leads, 52.5% to 47.5% at this point, so there are at least 17 people vying for that crown.

Edited by laughedatbytime

In other contests, Nicko McBrain leads Mick Fleetwood, 61-39%

Moon over Grohl 78-22%

Bun E Carlos over Steven Adler 53-47

Watts over Tommy Lee 54-46

Bonham over Rick Allen 87-13

Alex Van Halen over Mitch Mitchell 60-40

Ringo over Levon Helm 63-37

Ian Pace over Nick Mason 53-47

Scott Travis over John Dunsmore 51-49

Stuart Copeland over Peter Criss 68-32

Bruford over Lars Ulrich :) 61-39

Roger Taylor over Mikkie Dee 91-9

Joey Kramer over Frank Beard 56-44

Bill Ward over Phil Collins 53-47

Ginger Baker over Phil Rudd 71-29

The Final Four for me:

Neil who is this bracket's Kentucky x2112

Bonzo as Wisconsin. The only one who stands a chance of taking Neil down.

Moon as someone from the East regional.

Nicko the crazy lunatic who is fun as hell to watch play. AKA Iowa State

no problem with the other results, except I actually do like mikkie dee more than roger taylor, and I suspect if people actually knew who mikkie dee was he'd have a much higher score than 9.

Bill Ward over Phil Collins?

Mick Fleetwood is underappreciated.

Bonham kicked the shit out of a one-armed drummer...that's just wrong

you have to understand, the average rock fan today is unaware that phil collins can actually drum. the guy's most famous for pretty much everything he's ever done besides drumming.

• Like 3

Tommy Lee isn't in this? I thought he was supposed to be some bad@ss player?....
  • Like 1

Tommy Lee isn't in this? I thought he was supposed to be some bad@ss player?....

He's losing to Watts 56-44.

Bill Ward over Phil Collins?

Mick Fleetwood is underappreciated.

Bonham kicked the shit out of a one-armed drummer...that's just wrong

you have to understand, the average rock fan today is unaware that phil collins can actually drum. the guy's most famous for pretty much everything he's ever done besides drumming.

Wow thanks for the heads-up

He's losing to Watts 56-44.

Oops sorry missed it. My bad...