• Signals
    • Grace under Pressure
    • Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Presto
    • Counterparts
    • Snakes and Arrows
    • Clockwork Angels

Glad to see Snakes and Arrows bite the dust. Anxiously awaiting the next poll. All you need to know:

Presto

Fixed...Give Counterparts a chance bro. It's better than Presto.

Glad to see Snakes and Arrows bite the dust. Anxiously awaiting the next poll. All you need to know:

Presto

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

No

Presto

Better sound, worse lyrics, worse melodies, worse songs, Speed of Love, overly earnest, worse lyrics, Stick it Out, sooooooo tiiiiiiight! and abysmal lyrics.

Did I mention the lyrics?

Presto

Better sound, worse lyrics, worse melodies, worse songs, Speed of Love, overly earnest, worse lyrics, Stick it Out, sooooooo tiiiiiiight! and abysmal lyrics.

Mmm hmm. I dont hate Counterparts the way LedRush does, but heres the litmus test for me- There are songs from Presto I want to here, and I throw it in on a semi regular basis. There isnt anything on counterparts that makes me want to throw it in. Never have I thought "Dang, I really just want to jam out to between the sun and moon!". I listen to Counterparts typically when I mow my lawn. Its alright, but Presto is better

• Like 1

Presto

CoS is worse than all of these albums you guys are arguing aboot. It is the album that launched all the lousy Rush critics.

Presto

Because those matter :eyeroll:

It's a lost cause if lyrics are that important.

Presto

CoS is worse than all of these albums you guys are arguing aboot. It is the album that launched all the lousy Rush critics.

CoS is awesome. I listened to FOL last night before I went to bed. My takeaway- holy crap this is so much better than clockwork angels

• Like 2

Presto

CoS is better than Presto from Fountain of Lamneth alone.

• Like 1

Presto

CoS is awesome. I listened to FOL last night before I went to bed. My takeaway- holy crap this is so much better than clockwork angels

I think CA is miles better than CoS but Fountain Of Lamneth was a freaking home run.

SIX votes for Caress of Steel, seriously??

:huh:

I KNOW...should have been 11 or more.

That wasn't where I was coming from.

You really dislike it that much?

Presto

Because those matter :eyeroll:

It's a lost cause if lyrics are that important.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on the actual music, I guess.

Presto

You didn't read the early reviews from critics, huh? CoS is arguably the best album. It has an ok fun song, an amazing heavy song, an amazing rock song, a great atmospheric song with blistering guitars, and the best lyrical epic the band ever made. More than any other album, I want to put on CoS because it has everything in it.

Prediction: The next three to go - Counterparts, Presto, Clockwork Angels

I hope you're very wrong.

Unless the goon squad jumps on Counterparts and gets more votes than Presto, it'll be Presto -> Counterparts -> either Hold Your Fire or Caress Of Steel.

I think CA's in it for a bit longer.

I listened to CoS four times in a row the other day, I want that half day back! CoS should be played on an endless loop in secret CIA off shore interrogation gulags. I suppose without CoS maybe 2112 wouldn't exist, Alex has some great play, so it has some redeeming value.

Unless the goon squad jumps on Counterparts

That gives me an idea.... :madra:
  • Like 1

Narp, you in? Led, myself and Lorraine are in for Counterparts, plus the other 5 that voted for it last round

I listened to CoS four times in a row the other day, I want that half day back! CoS should be played on an endless loop in secret CIA off shore interrogation gulags. I suppose without CoS maybe 2112 wouldn't exist, Alex has some great play, so it has some redeeming value.

That's the main thing I like about Fountain is Alex's guitar work. No One At The Bridge and Bacchus Plateau is some of his finest guitar work of the 70's. That and By-Tor are some of the first glimpses of him evolving into his own guitar style and leaving behind the guitar players of the 60's, which I don't think he fully shook off until AFTK or Hemispheres.

Narp, you in? Led, myself and Lorraine are in for Counterparts, plus the other 5 that voted for it last round

A caucus you say?... :codger:
  • Like 2

:rage: NO STOP VOTE FOR PRESTO OR HOLD YOUR FIRE, EVEN POWER WINDOWS

• Like 1

If LABT is true to himself he'll help me banish Presto next round for good. After Presto finally f***ing falls, I'll accept that I can't hold Counterparts anymore and probably vote for Hold Your Fire.