SNL 40th Anniversary Special!

workingcinderellaman

Was Steve Martin there? I know he wasn't an official cast member, but who could forget him as one of the wild and crazy guys?

That original cast was the tops. And the funniest. You can't replace Gilda - Rosanne Rosannadanna, and her and Bill Murray (I think) as The Whiners.

Steve Martin was a major part. Bill Murray's appearance was a highlight.

Edited by ReRushed
  • Like 1

Some good, some bad I thought. Could have definitely done without Kanye. Why wasn't Rush ever the musical guest on SNL? :wtf:

They were never the flavor of the day.

Doesn't matter....they're :rush: !!! :haz:

Yeah I'm kind of glad they were never that popular. Makes them more just "our" band. :)

• Like 1

Was this any good? I didn't know it was on until the day after it aired.

It was a waste of time. Besides the Jeopardy parody, it was a waste of time. Eddie and Chevy not funny?

And this showed up Monday- Some mainstays of the cast during the 1990s attended the show but were asked to not appear in any of the live bits. That included Al Franken, Nora Dunn, Chris Kattan, Cheri Oteri, Chris Parnell and Rob Schneider.

And then there's a long list of performers who made marks on the show but were not at the anniversary special and appeared fleetingly if at all in clips: Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Dennis, Miller, Jim Breuer, A. Whitney Brown, Joan Cusack, Mary Gross, Tim Kazurinsky, Mark McKinney and Harry Shearer.

Why were these people not more important than Kanye or Miley?

Shame on NBC

Was this any good? I didn't know it was on until the day after it aired.

It was a waste of time. Besides the Jeopardy parody, it was a waste of time. Eddie and Chevy not funny?

And this showed up Monday- Some mainstays of the cast during the 1990s attended the show but were asked to not appear in any of the live bits. That included Al Franken, Nora Dunn, Chris Kattan, Cheri Oteri, Chris Parnell and Rob Schneider.

And then there's a long list of performers who made marks on the show but were not at the anniversary special and appeared fleetingly if at all in clips: Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Dennis, Miller, Jim Breuer, A. Whitney Brown, Joan Cusack, Mary Gross, Tim Kazurinsky, Mark McKinney and Harry Shearer.

Why were these people not more important than Kanye or Miley?

Shame on NBC

That's a shame.

Wow Chris Kattan, Cheri Oteri, Chris Parnell were snubbed. This may not be worth renting or streaming as I planned to do.

I got an unhealthy thing about Cheri Oteri...yummy.

• Like 1

Wow Chris Kattan, Cheri Oteri, Chris Parnell were snubbed. This may not be worth renting or streaming as I planned to do.

I got an unhealthy thing about Cheri Oteri...yummy.

You ain't the only one brother

Didn't watch it - was watching Downton, which was also no big whoop.

When a series kills their dog, that's reaching.

Didn't watch it - was watching Downton, which was also no big whoop.

When a series kills their dog, that's reaching.

Damn it! How about a Spoiler Alert next time lady!!!

WAIT! I am assuming! (and sorry) Isis was ill and still alive when the episode ended...^^^^

She was...just giving you jazz.

;)

She probably passes next week. Edith on the other hand...JUST COME OUT WITH IT!!!

When a 40th anniversary show begins with a musical number with 2 clowns- 1 , who was NOT a cast member and the other, who was only on the show for 6 seasons as was the 5th or 6th best person on the show during that time,

Time to Bail. NBC did a horrible job of alienating the viewer.

I left at the 8 minute mark while those 2 hacks were still singing.

Embarrassing by NBC.

2 Hacks? JT is an incredible talent... Fallon, I can take or leave.

Incredible? Ok, keep on smokin' it.

Let me guess, they rapped, they spoofed songs that the older cast, staff, audience has NO point of reference.

Inappropriate for the event. Or the audience.

:no:

The classic characters, sketches and catchphrases are recounted in a whirlwind of lyrics.

They start off slow: Coneheads. Gumby. “Jane you ignorant slut.” Buckwheat. Stefon. “We’re here to pump, you up.” Then SCHWING the beat kicks in and they’re spitting the chronicles of “SNL.”