Why does the Toronto shows June 17th & 19th....

BlairC45

I posted this in the two Toronto meet-up threads, but I'll post this here as well to help anyone coming to Toronto for either of the two shows:

This is a friendly "travel PSA" for my Rush friends coming into Toronto for either the show on the 17th or the 19th. It seems that while we are blessed with having the only double show run on the tour, the guys also planned these shows at the height of festival season here in Toronto. Hotels will be very scarce and VERY expensive during that week. If you are coming from out of town, grab a room now, or at least keep an eye out for deals. Things happening at the same time as Rush:

NXNE Music Festival - June 17-21

TD Toronto Jazz Festival - June 18-27

Luminato - June 19 - 28

Pride Festival - June 19 - 28

For more information, visit www.seetorontonow.com

• Like 1

I received emails and voice recordings from TM today stating that show times for both dates have changed to 8pm. Hoping they are filmed though.

Thanks for the info. Kingdirk. My wife and I will be flying up from TX for both Toronto shows and the one in Montreal. Booked our hotels tonight.

• Like 2

I posted this in the two Toronto meet-up threads, but I'll post this here as well to help anyone coming to Toronto for either of the two shows:

This is a friendly "travel PSA" for my Rush friends coming into Toronto for either the show on the 17th or the 19th. It seems that while we are blessed with having the only double show run on the tour, the guys also planned these shows at the height of festival season here in Toronto. Hotels will be very scarce and VERY expensive during that week. If you are coming from out of town, grab a room now, or at least keep an eye out for deals. Things happening at the same time as Rush:

NXNE Music Festival - June 17-21

TD Toronto Jazz Festival - June 18-27

Luminato - June 19 - 28

Pride Festival - June 19 - 28

For more information, visit www.seetorontonow.com

Woah that is a lot of stuff going on at the same time. Usually NXNE has a huge free outdoor concert at Dundas Square which would be the same night. I saw Devo and also The Stooges play there for free in previous years.

Although the gay pride festival draws about a million people, most people will be coming in for the following weekend since that is when the actual parade is.

Still a packed schedule though so hotels will be a bit more expensive. Good thing Toronto is a big city with lots of hotels lol

• Like 1

Just read something on The Rush Collective on FB, there's a rumor that they ARE filming both Toronto shows... makes sense...they can do both setlists, not need to tear down the equipment. and get a second shot at a few tunes.
  • Like 1