Neil's interview w/ Jim Ladd 2/3/15

dtpoet

"We even talked about that theme (deep tracks); should we do that? And I said, "no, what we do want to celebrate is the high points where we reached the audience."

This concerns me a lot, I have seen enough of the greatest hits tours. That's what made the CA tour so awesome was hearing a much larger percentage of new or at least not played in 25+ years material.

• Like 2

If they don't play The Big Money or Marathon I'll be really pissed and will walk out at the end of the show!

Won't everybody walk out at the end of the show?

Hey you picked up on that!

;)

If they don't play The Big Money or Marathon I'll be really pissed and will walk out at the end of the show!

Won't everybody walk out at the end of the show?

Hey you picked up on that!

;)

Another telling sign that might make it sound like this is IT:

Neil made a comment in his interview about "ending the tour" and he DID make a mention of wanting to do it in Toronto, or Cleveland since that's where they got their start in the states...but they are happy ending it at the Forum because of the history....

I picked up on that too. Interesting thing about that is then Ladd indicates that the Forum has been re-built and apparently Rush has not played in the new one yet. So, yes there is history there, but I would think that would be diminished by it not being the same place they used to play. So, I actually think that this is an indication that they DON'T think the Forum show will be their last. The way Neil sounded in the interview did not sound to me like he is ready to stop making and playing music with Rush. I was waiting for Ladd to outright ask if this is it, but he didn't go there - so, they either don't have definite plans or simply don't want to say it.

Sounds like they're playing the hits and audience favorites, the songs that "connected" as NP said. No deep cuts. The song we who have been with them for 30-40 years want to hear.

Fly By Night. - By-Tor and the Snow Dog Bastille Day - Xanadu - The Trees - La Villa

Just play a mix of All the Worlds a Stage and Exit...Stage Left. With some later classics and Clockwork thrown in.

"We even talked about that theme (deep tracks); should we do that? And I said, "no, what we do want to celebrate is the high points where we reached the audience."

The general audience or true fan audience?

Are the "true fans" the ones who want to hear the never-been or hardly-ever-been played live obscure songs???

Then I gets 30 show since Signals 1983 doesn't make me fan because I want to hear the epics, the classics, the hard rock 70's, bitchin' 80's, and... some Clockwork.

Edited by ThinkingBig