only 11 years from 2112 to Hold Your Fire

Rushman14

A Farewell to Kings, and Hemispheres

vs

Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures, Signals, and Grace Under Pressure

...Definitely going to have to say that 80's is superior to the 70's

I think you've got Permanent Waves in the wrong decade there . . .

Released Jan 1 1980. I still consider it and Moving Pictures part of their 70's era, and I'm not sure why. to me the 80's era is Signals thru Presto.

About six months ago, maybe less, we argued about that for pages and pages and pages. I don't know that it was ever resolved what era Permanent Waves belonged in. Personally, I think it is half and half - one foot in the seventies and the other in the eighties. It has songs on it that herald their "new beginning" and songs on it that look back to what they were.

But Neil says that as far as he is concerned, anything before Moving Pictures is :boo hiss: . :LOL:

Yeah that thread was a joke. Permanent Waves is a 70s album because it was created in the 70s. Just because it was released one day into the 80s doesn't make it an 80s album. :) AFTK, Hemispheres and Permanent Waves were the best of Rush. After MP things started going downhill on a long slow slide.

Hey hey im a big fan of the 70's period but Grace Under Pressure Kicks Ass Dude, and so does Counterparts IMO

I guess for me I was at the right age and discovered Rush at the right time. Permanent Waves comes out then like a new album eveyryear. I would mature, grow and realize there was more to life than Heavy Metal at the same time the band did.