Official 2015 PGA Tour Thread

RushCanuck

Way to go Shane! That was some great golf he played, and he's not a gym rat either. Kind of reminds me of when Darren Clarke won this event a few years ago. It's a great win for the country of Ireland, too.

another 54 hole lead squandered by Furyk...

Onto Glory's last shot.

I didn't hear them calling it glory's last shot yesterday. Are they still calling it that in lieu of the Fedex Cup playoffs?... :huh:

My bad... It's not glory's last shot any more. It's the last major of the season... Onto the last major....

• Like 1

Way to go Shane! That was some great golf he played, and he's not a gym rat either. Kind of reminds me of when Darren Clarke won this event a few years ago. It's a great win for the country of Ireland, too.

Onto Glory's last shot.

I didn't hear them calling it glory's last shot yesterday. Are they still calling it that in lieu of the Fedex Cup playoffs?... :huh:

My bad... It's not glory's last shot any more. It's the last major of the season... Onto the last major....

I honestly wasn't sure. Not trying to be a jerk or anything. Sorry my friend... :rose:
  • Like 1

Onto Glory's last shot.

I honestly wasn't sure. Not trying to be a jerk or anything. Sorry my friend... :rose:

You are never a jerk in my books, my friend. And thanks for questioning it. I am behind the times calling it glorys last shot, just like I was with the British Open... Being an old f@rt is impacting my concentration lately... Sigh.

I am thinking one of the long hitters may win next week.. I am cheering for someone but he will need to limit the mistakes...

• Like 1

Just a question for the panel. How is John Daly and Mark Brooks in the field this week? If you won this thing a generation ago but can't play a lick at this point you still get in? :wtf: ....
  • Like 1

Just a question for the panel. How is John Daly and Mark Brooks in the field this week? If you won this thing a generation ago but can't play a lick at this point you still get in? :wtf: ....

If you're a former PGA champion and you enter, you're automatically in.

• Like 1

I consider myself pretty "up" on the professional game and golf in general and I have never heard that one. Typically when you win a major you get exempt into all of them for a number of years (5 I think but i could stand corrected) and that is why people like Ben Curtis and Shaun Micheel got to play in these things even when they had no game in the second, third and forth years after they won. Of course you win the Masters you play forever or at least till you are a pretty old man anymore. They changed that a few years ago so the oldest of them aren't taking up a spot and out there shooting in the 90's (example Charles Coody for years). I will believe you however on this one... :huh:
  • Like 1

I consider myself pretty "up" on the professional game and golf in general and I have never heard that one. Typically when you win a major you get exempt into all of them for a number of years (5 I think but i could stand corrected) and that is why people like Ben Curtis and Shaun Micheel got to play in these things even when they had no game in the second, third and forth years after they won. Of course you win the Masters you play forever or at least till you are a pretty old man anymore. They changed that a few years ago so the oldest of them aren't taking up a spot and out there shooting in the 90's (example Charles Coody for years). I will believe you however on this one... :huh:

I can accept Rich Beem still having a spot this week since his win was more recent, but John Daly seems excessive in my opinion... Oh well, maybe we get to see some loud pants, haha.

On a different topic, we have a PGA championship thread already started by LIX. Should we use that one this week?

• Like 1

I can accept Rich Beem still having a spot this week since his win was more recent, but John Daly seems excessive in my opinion... Oh well, maybe we get to see some loud pants, haha.

On a different topic, we have a PGA championship thread already started by LIX. Should we use that one this week?

Geez I didn't even notice the Beemer was playing too. Wow. I suppose we should use the PGA championship thread...
  • Like 1

Exemptions for Major winners...

Tour Cards: Currently, the PGA Tour gives a five-year exemption to all major winners, while the European Tour gives a ten-year exemption.

The PGA: In line with the other majors, winning "the PGA" gives a golfer several privileges which make his career much more secure, if he is not already one of the elite players of the sport. PGA champions are automatically invited to play in the other three majors (Masters Tournament, U.S. Open, and The Open Championship) for the next five years, and are exempt from qualifying for the PGA Championship for life. They also receive membership on the PGA and European Tours for the following five seasons and invitations to The Players Championship for five years.

The Open: Invitations to the other three majors for the next five years and exemption to the Open until age 60.

US Open: U.S. Open champions are automatically invited to play in the other three majors (the Masters, The Open Championship (British Open), and the PGA Championship) for the next five years, as well as The Players Championship, and they are exempt from qualifying for the U.S. Open itself for 10 years. U.S. Open winners receive automatic invitations to three of the five senior majors once they turn 50; they receive a five-year invitation to the U.S. Senior Open and a lifetime invitation to the Senior PGA Championship and Senior British Open.

The Masters: Masters champions are automatically invited to play in the other three majors (the U.S. Open, The Open Championship, and the PGA Championship (except for amateur winners unless they turn pro within the five-year period)) for the next five years, and earn a lifetime invitation to the Masters. They also receive membership on the PGA Tour for the following five seasons and invitations to The Players Championship for five years.

• Like 2

I predict this week Jason Day breaks that barrier and wins his first major -

I agree. After the vertigo at the U.S. open and the near miss at the Open, I hope he's paid his dues and will emerge with that big trophy...

Btw, we are hanging out in the PGA championship thread this week if you are wondering why it's quiet here.

I'm rooting for Jason Day everyone else needs to step off.

Although Matt Jones shooting from the beer tent, Golf needs more of that

• Like 1

Tiger playing with Brooks Koepka and Matsuyama Thursday morning at 7:50 and Friday afternoon at 12:50. Pretty damn strong group there especially given the weaker field... :dweez: Should be a fun watch :)
  • Like 1

Tiger playing with Brooks Koepka and Matsuyama Thursday morning at 7:50 and Friday afternoon at 12:50. Pretty damn strong group there especially given the weaker field... :dweez: Should be a fun watch :)

Excellent, my friend. I hope you have a great time.

• Like 1

Take pics!

Take pics!

I am trying but my phone battery is killing me. It won't charge properly and when it does charge some it dies in no time. I took a couple pics of Tiger during the pro am this morning on the first few holes then my phone starting beeping at me. POS :rage:
  • Like 1

Take pics!

I am trying but my phone battery is killing me. It won't charge properly and when it does charge some it dies in no time. I took a couple pics of Tiger during the pro am this morning on the first few holes then my phone starting beeping at me. POS :rage:

Was Tiger the pro or the amateur?

• Like 1

Take pics!

POS makes terrible phones. Get a Samsung.
  • Like 1

Take pics!

POS makes terrible phones. Get a Samsung.

BTW on a positive note. This course should be good for Tiger. Lot's of 2 irons off the tees and only 2 or 3 drivers needed if he chooses to. He hit it good today for sure. I will be out there early tomorrow as he is going off the 10th at 7:50. It's been raining and the course is very soft. The scores are gonna be low...

Day one was incredible. One of the greatest most exciting days I have ever had that was not related to my family or children. Huge crowd that seemed to grow and grow as the round progressed. Just unreal. If he keeps this up (which he just might given the style of course Sedgefield is) this place will be a madhouse by Sunday. Met a nice lady (originally from Germany) on the bus on the way to the course and we followed Tiger all day together and plan to do the same over the next 3 rounds. This is really the "therapy"I have been needing... :)
  • Like 1

Day one was incredible. One of the greatest most exciting days I have ever had that was not related to my family or children. Huge crowd that seemed to grow and grow as the round progressed. Just unreal. If he keeps this up (which he just might given the style of course Sedgefield is) this place will be a madhouse by Sunday. Met a nice lady (originally from Germany) on the bus on the way to the course and we followed Tiger all day together and plan to do the same over the next 3 rounds. This is really the "therapy"I have been needing... :)

I'm happy you are having a great time. Are you just following Tiger or have you seen any other golfers?

I'm happy you are having a great time. Are you just following Tiger or have you seen any other golfers?

Just Tiger as it seemed everyone else on the property was doing too. When I got back to the hotel I watched some of the telecast and it looked like hardly anyone was out there :LOL: ...

Just Tiger as it seemed everyone else on the property was doing too. When I got back to the hotel I watched some of the telecast and it looked like hardly anyone was out there :LOL: ...

Cool you got to see it! 64 good enough for a tie for 7th. Crazy how low guys go these days. Here's hoping that Tiger can keep it going.
  • Like 1

Cool you got to see it! 64 good enough for a tie for 7th. Crazy how low guys go these days. Here's hoping that Tiger can keep it going.

I hope so. It's gonna be something if he does. Tomorrow is gonna be a big day. Gotta keep the pedal to the medal cus the course is gonna continue to give up birds and low scores. The weather is supposed to be great also the next 3 days... :)

I hope so. It's gonna be something if he does. Tomorrow is gonna be a big day. Gotta keep the pedal to the medal cus the course is gonna continue to give up birds and low scores. The weather is supposed to be great also the next 3 days... :)

Awesome. Are you attending every round?