Any Bad Company fans?

Detonator

I've always been a fan of Bad Company. Both "incarnations" actually.

I love the original BC with Paul Rodgers but Brian Howe-era is ridiculously underrated and he has (imho) one of the best hard rock voices in history.

That was even more radical "split" from the original blues-BC than Van Halen did with Roth/Hagar.

Holy Water, Dangerous Age and Here Comes Trouble are excellent hard AOR-rock albums and Howe's voice is superb.

I admit that first album with Howe (Fame and Fortune) was cheesy.

Howe also has a great solo album, Circus Bar. Highly recommended.

Any other fans?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40B5ELvN2KM

Does having Morning Sun as one of your favorite songs, and otherwise not really having anything against them but generally liking what they did without being devoted, count? If yes, then yes!

Not a rabid fan by any means but I have always enjoyed their music. Sliver, Blue and Gold and Shooting Star being two favorites. Shooting Star gives me chills every time...
  • Like 1

Love Me Somebody and Electric Land are also true gems from the Rodgers-era.

But listen to those Howe-albums that I listed. They're damn good, esp. if you like Van Halen with Hagar, Whitesnake, Guns & Roses and all that good stuff from the late 80's and early 90's.

If Rodgers is the best blues/rock singer, Howe must be one of the best hard rock singers ever.

I really like Mick Ralph's playing, especially in this kind of straightforward rock material that they never did with Rodgers. That "No Smoke Without Fire" kicks arse and so does this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XPVMFxIZ0Q

Edited by Detonator

I like the early Bad Company stuff okay, but I'm not a huge fan.

However, Paul Rodgers' and Simon Kirke's band previous to that, Free- now THAT was a band. Paul Kossoff is one of the most criminally underrated guitarists in the history of rock and roll. Tragically, he died of a heart attack in 1976, at the tender age of 25.

They were all just teenagers when they started out. Listen to their debut album, Tons of Sobs- made when they were all between the ages of 15 and 18!

And to think that they were all done, within five years. Such a shame.

Paul Rodgers' voice has proved to be much more durable over the years than, say, Robert Plant's- or any other blues/rock wailer you can name.

Like most commenting I like the early stuff, but Desolation Angels and Rough Diamonds were a pile of sh*te, although Rock 'N' Roll Fantasy is a fabulous track.

I had the pleasure of seeing Rodgers and Simon Kirke performing as Bad Co. in the early 00's. Great show and a couple of classic Free tracks thrown in as well

Maybe not "pile of shite" but I agree they're a bit boring albums. A few good tunes in them though.

Listen to that "Electricland" that I linked a few posts above. That's a great song.

I love Bad Company. I have seen them live, and I also saw Paul Rodger with Queen+. I love Paul Rodgers voice, it´s perfect for the style of music he make.

But I must say I really miss Paul Rodgers first band Free, that was even better! I listen to them more then Bad Company.