The Police: One Of The Greatest Bands In The World? Klerk Kant? Andy Summers? Sting Shit? Love It Or Hate It? "ZENYATTA" IS EPIC! Copland Rules

RUSHHEAD666

Earl, how about Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic?

One time, after it came out, I was zooming along the NJTP in my little Camaro and this song came on. I had just gotten out of my first rehab and was on my way to an AA meeting with someone I had been in the rehab with. It seemed to me that every thing that happened was in beat with the song, even going up the off ramp when the end of the song came. We never skipped a beat. And I can still hear my friend Jack saying: "hang a left here, Lorraine" at 3:36 in the song.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

Then again another one of the greatest albums ever made is by the Surf Punks!

The album is entitled "My Beach." It RULES!

The drummer has a great snare sound. He has a strange piece of cloth on top of the snare.

Somebody ripped my stick...that guy must be a prick!

Then again another one of the greatest albums ever made is by the Surf Punks!

The album is entitled "My Beach." It RULES!

The drummer has a great snare sound. He has a strange piece of cloth on top of the snare.

Somebody ripped my stick...that guy must be a prick!

Hahaha! Great lyrics! Cheers to Dennis Dragon!

I listened to them today for the first time in about thirty years.

Did you enjoy it? Then? Now?

The Police are like DLR Van Halen for me. I like pretty much every song on every album.

I get your point buddy. Sadly I don't like many songs on "Ghost."

The Police are like DLR Van Halen for me. I like pretty much every song on every album.

Loved it! A real trip down memory lane for me. From 1980 thru 1985, The Police pretty much defined me. Every song from that time frame holds a different memory for me.

They sure could pack a lot of music into the shortest song time.

• Like 4

I think my favorite album of theirs is Synchronicity, though I like them all.

That is my favorite too.

You know, before the internet, all I knew about what bands my friends (or anyone else) liked or didn't like was by word of mouth. I had no idea how massively popular they were back then. Or still are. I just read about their reunion tour in 2007: During the entire tour, the Police sold 3.7 million tickets and grossed $358 million, making it the third-highest-grossing tour of all-time at its conclusion. And I thought that Rush cleaned up on their CA tour.

• Like 1

Rehumanize Yourself

My favorite from Ghost, for the lyrics and the fact that it sounds like it would fit great on Synchronicity.

and it has the c-word :ph34r:

I

Hungry For You? Secret Journey? Ah well, we have plenty of stuff we love together Earl.

That is my favorite too.

You know, before the internet, all I knew about what bands my friends (or anyone else) liked or didn't like was by word of mouth. I had no idea how massively popular they were back then. Or still are. I just read about their reunion tour in 2007: During the entire tour, the Police sold 3.7 million tickets and grossed $358 million, making it the third-highest-grossing tour of all-time at its conclusion. And I thought that Rush cleaned up on their CA tour.

Did you ever see the music video for Synchronicity II? Pretty Mad Max-like.

• Like 1

That is my favorite too.

I love that song to death. I am sure back then I saw it on MTV, if that's what you are talking about. That's a song I could listen to over and over and never get tired of hearing.

He had a strange singing voice. Geddy actually had a better one. In my opinion.

That is my favorite too.

I love that song to death. I am sure back then I saw it on MTV, if that's what you are talking about. That's a song I could listen to over and over and never get tired of hearing.

He had a strange singing voice. Geddy actually had a better one. In my opinion.

Stings singing voice dropped considerably when he went solo, and sounded much better, IMO.

• Like 1

What kind of guitar did that Andy use? I always liked that sound which is why I loved it when Alex sounded like that.

The guitar he used the most was a Fender Telecaster. He's even got his own signature model, complete with all the dings and scratches.

http://guitarvillage.uk.com/admin/pages/upload/Fender/Custom%20Shop/AndySummersTribute_3ts_m.jpg

• Like 3

Loved it! A real trip down memory lane for me. From 1980 thru 1985, The Police pretty much defined me. Every song from that time frame holds a different memory for me.

They sure could pack a lot of music into the shortest song time.

Excellent post. Even though "Wrapped Around Your Finger" was overplayed in 1985 on MTV I didn't care! The song never gets old. Copeland's drumming is some of the best on that tune. Lots of octobans and splash hits!!!

• Like 1

What kind of guitar did that Andy use? I always liked that sound which is why I loved it when Alex sounded like that.

The guitar he used the most was a Fender Telecaster. He's even got his own signature model, complete with all the dings and scratches.

http://guitarvillage.uk.com/admin/pages/upload/Fender/Custom%20Shop/AndySummersTribute_3ts_m.jpg

A beautiful guitar! Reminds me a little bit of Rory Gallahger's guitar! Yet another amazing guitarist! Rory Gallagher! The Irish Stevie Ray Vaughan! RIP

• Like 1