Was it really worth it? Vapor Trails VS Vapor Trails (Remix)

R2U1S1H2

ya know what i'll try.

a-hem.

VT is bloody fantastic. the best of their recent albums and any one who says otherwise can eat my poo.

Is that ok? lol

Segue as written by Mick i know he would have written more but i can't be writing for 2 days.

:goodone: :laughing guy:....
  • Like 1

And i should have added something about Bruce Springsteen, lacuna Coil and ABBA in there too.

Just a playful send up, lol

Mick

Don't forget Toto. :smash:

• Like 2

A turd with some polish is still a turd...

True, but why did you bring up Counterparts?

Truth is I would listen to CP ahead of VT. Its "grundgy" from what I recall but not headache inducing. A good portion may be barf inducing however.... :)

To answer the OP, if you like the songs, you'll probably like the remix. It is clearer, with much more definition around the guitars. Sometimes this is a negative, but usually it is a big positive. Even when I don't like the changes (Ghost Rider was already one of Rush's best songs), I still like having a version that sounds very different to me. Like the recent releases of Led Zeppelin's albums.

The live versions from RIR are the definitive, IMO. Good, solid tunes.

Yup. I simultaneously find myself disappointed that they didn't play more of that album live and sorry for Neil that he had to perform them (what with the album basically being about his personal tragedies)...

Truth is I would listen to CP ahead of VT. Its "grundgy" from what I recall but not headache inducing. A good portion may be barf inducing however.... :)

Regardless of whether anyone likes the album, Counterparts has some of the best mixing of any of their 90's+ albums. It "sounds" great. I wish they could get some clarity now like they did on this album.

• Like 5

Regardless of whether anyone likes the album, Counterparts has some of the best mixing of any of their 90's+ albums. It "sounds" great. I wish they could get some clarity now like they did on this album.

Agreed. I could imagine myself enjoying at least half of VT if it had the CP sound...
  • Like 1

Agreed. CP is a horrible, horrible Rush album, but it sounds great.

• Like 1

Agreed. I could imagine myself enjoying at least half of VT if it had the CP sound...

Do you happen to know which songs from VT you might like?

Agreed. CP is a horrible, horrible Rush album, but it sounds great.

Do you really feel that way or are you doing an SG? :D

Trust VT to spark a thread to 4 pages in one day...

I loved the original album for its meaning, its lyrics, the sheer energy of its songs, but such an album, that requires to be blasted at full volume, blasted at full volume turned into a white noise mess.

So the Remix allows you to do just that: rock out at full volume with clean sounds. So yes, the Remix has its reason d'etre.

• Like 1

Was it really worth it?

Totally!

Why? Simply because it sounds much, much better. No muddy, brickwalled, clipped sound anymore. A relief for the ears.

Plus the mix it's much better since you hear the instruments more clearly and differentiated, it has more dynamics.

And it's an amazing album musically, no matter what anyone says. Far better than the highly overrated Clockwork Angels or borefest Counterparts. It truly was the creative rebirth of the band.

• Like 2

It used to be my least favourite Rush album, that I rarely listen to...now it's my least favourite Rush album, that I rarely listen to, that I own two copies of.
  • Like 4

Counterparts is also and excellent album

Hold your Fire is my least favourite!!!