Anyone here that doesn't like Hemispheres?

Lorraine

133 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Hemispheres?

Geddy loved Chris Squire's playing and sound in the early 70s thats why he played the Rickenbacker bass.That thick clunking bass sound on Close to the Edge is the same on Hemispheres but best heard on the solos to Freewill and Red Barchetta.Oh by the way my avatar is a 59 pontiac.I had three of them.

Hemispheres is a Yes wannabe album.

Maybe, but it doesn't even remotely sound like anything Yes would do or had done by that time.

Ok that came out wrong.

Hemispheres is the closest they ever got to matching a Yes album with an epic.

It doesn't sound like Yes but it almost matches Close To The Edge or Relayer in terms of quality.

Wannabe was a stupid word.

Not 'stupid'; just say it was too harsh, or something like that.

I've never thought about how it is stylistically and structurally similar to Close to the Edge. I can definitely see that. But even still, the sound is completely, uniquely Rush.

I was referring to the high standard of the album, nearly equally matching the Yes epics!

I wasn't saying Hems sounds like Yes. It is all Cool Cheese!

fixed

:blah: 59 Yes votes.

What happened with this thread? I wasn't on here much yesterday and things turned it to a processed dairy product.

Don't ask. It started late yesterday afternoon. After I left, it really took a nose-dive. :(

No, we were discussing Presto therefore it elevated the thread.

:blah: 59 Yes votes.

What happened with this thread? I wasn't on here much yesterday and things turned it to a processed dairy product.

Don't ask. It started late yesterday afternoon. After I left, it really took a nose-dive. :(

See what happens when you leave the children to play? :)

• Like 1

As the Hemispheres Ambassador - Red Vinyl (HARV), I'd like to go on record as saying I did what I could to try to keep the discussion focused on Hemispheres: I even threw a little hissy fit. But all the other Hemispheres lovers seemed to be "elsewhere," so I was quite outnumbered.
  • Like 1

As the Hemispheres Ambassador - Red Vinyl (HARV), I'd like to go on record as saying I did what I could to try to keep the discussion focused on Hemispheres: I even threw a little hissy fit. But all the other Hemispheres lovers seemed to be "elsewhere," so I was quite outnumbered.

They're probably too busy listening to Hemispheres.

I had to go cook and then welcome my lucky husband home. :)

Edited by Lorraine

They're probably too busy listening to Hemispheres.

Much more meaningful.

I had to go and cook and welcome my lucky husband home. :)

Were you listening to Hemispheres? It makes food taste better...

Are you kidding? A few weeks ago, my husband turns to me and says (with a semi-astonished expression on his face): do you really like Rush music? :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

And you said, "no, not really. You'd have to be totally cracked to like this ear-splitting shrieking noise." And then you put on the Manilow.

• Like 1

Are you kidding? A few weeks ago, my husband turns to me and says (with a semi-astonished expression on his face): do you really like Rush music? :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

And you said, "no, not really. You'd have to be totally cracked to like this ear-splitting shrieking noise." And then you put on the Manilow.

No. My love for music I keep private and do not share with him. Rush belongs to me.

No. My love for music I keep private and do not share with him. Rush belongs to me.

Do you keep all of your bootlegs under a loose floorboard or something? :P

• Like 1

No. I keep the bootlegs in a metal box that I put in a hollow in a tree on our property.

Under the loose floorboards go the rest of my Rush stuff.

:)

• Like 2

No. I keep the bootlegs in a metal box that I put in a hollow in a tree on our property.

Then where do you keep the bodies?

I don't have any bodies.

I don't have any bodies.

You're experienced enough to know not to answer that any other way ;)

• Like 1

I voted year but I probably should have gone the other way because I LOVE LOVE LOVE me some Hemispheres. This one never gets old.

Side 2 especially is sublime.

• Like 2

I voted year but I probably should have gone the other way because I LOVE LOVE LOVE me some Hemispheres. This one never gets old.

You voted correctly - you voted yes.

I'm sorry that my thread title and my poll question are kind of opposite. The question is: do you like Hemispheres?

Sixty-one (61) answered yes.

Three (3) said no. Can you believe it? :unsure:

• Like 1

I'm sorry that my thread title and my poll question are kind of opposite. The question is: do you like Hemispheres?

Yes, because people have different tastes and preferences regarding music.

But anyone who dislikes Presto is f*cking wrong.

Yes, because people have different tastes and preferences regarding music.

But anyone who dislikes Presto is f*cking wrong.

I can understand disliking Presto because it is not musical genius. Hemispheres is. :cool:

• Like 2