Anyone here that doesn't like Hemispheres?

Lorraine

133 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Hemispheres?

Bruce Sprinsteen blows

Segue :outtahere:

So does Tom Waits. :outtahere:

:P

Mick

Gotta be said...Hems is not a patch on any of Kansas or Yes' studio releases of the seventies.

Bruce Sprinsteen blows

Mick

Gotta be said...Hems is not a patch on any of Kansas or Yes' studio releases of the seventies.

you are sure brave tonight.

Mick

Hemispheres - 10+

Circumstances - 10

The Trees - 9.5

La Villa - 10

Show Don't Tell - 9

Chain Lightning - 8.5

The Pass - 9.5

War Paint - 6

Scars - 8.5

Presto - 8

Superconductor - 7

Anagram - 4.5

Red Tide - 8

Hand Over Fist - 7

Available Light - 10

7 is my threshold for "liking" a song... i.e. it could go either way depending on my mood. The rest is typically safely into either category. I "love" every song on Hemispheres". I can only say that about 3 (maybe 4) Presto songs.

You cant give something a "10+"

You must lower your other ratings

Fine. Let's see how many people understand this (And no, LVS does not "fail"):

Cygnus X-1: Book II: Hemispheres: 10

Circumstances: E

The Trees : D

La Villa Strangiato: F

(Full album rating: F/10)

Show Don't Tell: B

Chain Lightning: A

The Pass: C

War Paint: 6

Scars: 9

Presto: 8

Superconductor: 7

Anagram: 5

Red Tide: 9

Hand Over Fist: 8

Available Light: E

(Full album rating: 7, which is mediocre though almost "good")

(If you can't interpret this, go to http://www.johnmcfer...rg/ratings.html (Not my site) and try to apply this to songs. Good luck :))

You know what, some of these were a bit wonky.

Bruce Sprinsteen blows

Mick

you are sure brave tonight.

Mick

Um...I am actually scared Lorraine will take a bus to britain and whoop my ass for this.

i will say this about Rush's 70's work on the whole

it's nowhere near the 70's work of other bands i like.

Mick

Toto even had the better debut album...

• Like 1

THPPPBBLTTTT!!!

:moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

:fury: :fury: :fury: :tsk: :tsk: :tsk: :tsk: :boo hiss: :boo hiss: :boo hiss: :boo hiss: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

HEMISPHERES RULES FOREVER!!!!

Stop being so immature!!!

• Like 2

i will say this about Rush's 70's work on the whole

it's nowhere near the 70's work of other bands i like.

Mick

Toto even had the better debut album...

For sure.

Talk 80's though we have a different ballgame.

Mick

THPPPBBLTTTT!!!

:moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

:fury: :fury: :fury: :tsk: :tsk: :tsk: :tsk: :boo hiss: :boo hiss: :boo hiss: :boo hiss: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

HEMISPHERES RULES FOREVER!!!!

Stop being so immature!!!

Eat my poo

Bruce Sprinsteen blows

Mick

People like Hemispheres so much because it's full of loud bombast and it's instrumental gymnastics are overt and easy to identify....it's very in your face and bludgeons you over and over again telling you "LIKE ME, LIKE ME!" until they give in and feel they have to. Hemipsheres succeeds at brainwashing people with it's bluntness.

Presto is more exploratory and restrained. It doesn't try to overpower but challenges you to discover it's subtle qualities, it tries to slowly draw you in and succumb you. It's layers have to be unveiled by the listener. It's a deeply thematic work of rich symbolism and artful musicianship. It doesn't care if you like it or not. It's purpose is to mystify you.

Bruce Sprinsteen blows

Mick

People like Hemispheres so much because it's full of loud bombast and it's instrumental gymnastics are overt and easy to identify....it's very in your face and bludgeons you over and over again telling you "LIKE ME, LIKE ME!" until they give in and feel they have to. Hemipsheres succeeds at brainwashing people with it's bluntness.

Presto is more exploratory and restrained. It doesn't try to overpower but challenges you to discover it's subtle qualities, it tries to slowly draw you in and succumb you. It's layers have to be unveiled by the listener. It's a deeply thematic work of rich symbolism and artful musicianship. It doesn't care if you like it or not. It's purpose is to mystify you.

Rush new when to quit. Thats why they did shorter songs.

Bruce Sprinsteen blows

Mick

Can i be the vice ambassador of Presto?

Like if someone assasinated you (Segue Myles) i could (will) be your immediate (might as well give me the papers now) successor.

Bruce Sprinsteen blows

Mick

Like if someone assasinated you (Segue Myles) i could (will) be your immediate (might as well give me the papers now) successor.

Death threats are not tolerated around here. I'm going to report you to our moderator (if he ever shows up).

I'm sure it will be too late by then but I'm glad you laid out all the evidence here.

• Like 1

they didn't know when to quit on HYF, CT, T4E, VT AND CA, lol

Mick

HYF- 10/10 (all songs a 10)

VT 9/10 (loses point for sounding like rutting metal)

T4E- DOG YEARS (You have a point)

CP- great moments. Stick It Out sucks donkey butt.

RTB- Rush becomes a girl band

SA- Dull. Got bored just typing the abbreviation.

CA- i want to remember it for what i thought it was. But it isnt greatm

Bruce Sprinsteen blows

Mick

Death threats are not tolerated around here. I'm going to report you to our moderator (if he ever shows up).

I'm sure it will be too late by then but I'm glad you laid out all the evidence here.

Pfft

they didn't know when to quit on HYF, CT, T4E, VT AND CA, lol

Mick

Countertarts?

Sorry CP.

tee hee

Mick

Lolsies

• Like 1

Go peddle your Presto nonsense somewhere else. This thread is for the righteous and it has no place for your bloodless pop record.

Get off my hemisphere.

This is battle of heart and mind - serious business. Take your boys and girls together and paint some other mirror black. Go wave your magic wand at someone who cares. You and your sun dogs.

• Like 2