DAVID LEE ROTH VS. VAN HALEN! The 1986-1988 Years: "Eat 'Em" "Skyscraper" VS. "5150" "OU812"

RUSHHEAD666

VAN HAGAR VS DAVID LEE ROTH: THE 1986-1988 Years!  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which Two Albums Do You Love The Most?

• DAVID LEE ROTH: "Eat 'Em And Smile" and "Skyscraper"
    • VAN HAGAR: "5150" And "OU812"
    • NONE! ALL FOUR OF THESE ALBUMS ARE SHIT!

DLR. Eat'em and Smile was my very first concert!
  • Like 1

Dave's in good form here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNWFokIw4sY

Goose, thanks a bunch for this. I got more than a few hearty laughs from watching it. He's very funny. :cheers:

I never knew his voice was so nasal though.

Yes! I like the forshadowing.. He planned on being a weanie and staying with VH for one more year. Obviously didn't pan out though.

I remember an interview way back where he was wearing that same shirt and said he did the polar bears with spray paint and a stencil.. He was a cutting edge fashion diva back then lol

• Like 1

Goose, thanks a bunch for this. I got more than a few hearty laughs from watching it. He's very funny. :cheers:

Yes! I like the forshadowing.. He planned on being a weanie and staying with VH for one more year. Obviously didn't pan out though.

I remember an interview way back where he was wearing that same shirt and said he did the polar bears with spray paint and a stencil.. He was a cutting edge fashion diva back then lol

I never knew he had a brain. Seriously. I honestly never knew he was so well read until I started listening to old interviews yesterday and discovered he was intelligent.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

I never knew he had a brain. Seriously. I honestly never knew he was so well read until I started listening to old interviews yesterday and discovered he was intelligent.

A pretty savvy guy, really.
  • Like 1

Eat ´em and Smile > 5150

OU812 > Skyscraper.

Had Dave repeated the formula of Eat ´em and Smile on Skyscraper, Vai and Sheehan would have never left, and maybe he could have saved his solo career. He started firing on all cylinders, but each record was worse than its predecessor.

Exactly this.