Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Official Teaser Trailer)

Principled Man

2.) Cross Guard Sabers are canon. (f**k disney) (so are light clubs, dual phase sabers, light whips, and light foils.)

I'm no Star Wars "fanboi" but even I know that the design depicted in the teaser isn't consistent with the crossguards in the EU.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070425194604/starwars-exodus/images/thumb/6/6c/Forked_Lightsaber.jpg/640px-Forked_Lightsaber.jpg

And nothing in the EU is "canon" in regards to the movies.

As far as I'm concerned, disney can suck it with their non canonizing of EVERYTHING outside of the 6 movies and Clone Wars,

Lucas started that, don't blame Disney.

And there's way too much bullshit in the EU to make it all canon. Inconsistencies would constantly occur.

You want all of the novels, comic books, video games, etc to be canon when they're all made by different creators with different visions without consulting one another etc? What a disaster that would be.

Star Wars started as a film series through Lucas (and his collaborators) vision, and that's the only thing that matters as far as consistency within the films, is what happened in the actual films themselves.

Everything else is superfluous.

Edited by savagegrace26

Who gives a fuckk. Take it for what it's worth. I am f***ing pumped. Debate on losers. This film will be EPIC.

So the black stormtrooper in the beginning of the trailer is actually a huge plot line of the story.

While Han was being lowered into the carbonite chamber Leia says, "I love you." Han of course says "I know."

Well after Leia watches Han perish into the carbonite chamber she decides to have a one night stand with Lando

Hence she gets pregnant. She has Lando's baby. Hence that stormtrooper in the beginning of the teaser is Lando and Leia's kid.

He has the Force.

Do you believe it or not?

Any haters on this subforum who hate Star Wars in any way must be either The Matrix fan bois or Trekkies. Abrams is great fruit loops. He can do both.

Every franchise has it's flaws and Star Wars has many but come on. That teaser trailer is amazing.

Perhaps Harry Potter has a better light sword than that evil Sith saber in the snow. Jesus Christ Superstar Saber.

EVIL ALWAYS WINS!

2.) Cross Guard Sabers are canon. (f**k disney) (so are light clubs, dual phase sabers, light whips, and light foils.)

And nothing in the EU is "canon" in regards to the movies.

Why does it have to be in regards to the movies? The movie is just one outlet of the same franchise.

Just because you pulled that from Wookiepedia, doesn't mean there aren't other cross guard saber designs.

As far as I'm concerned, disney can suck it with their non canonizing of EVERYTHING outside of the 6 movies and Clone Wars,

The official story of Star Wars (which includes all characters, places, things, and events) is completely owned by Disney, George Lucas and his hired executives who control the franchise.

Whatever is written or made outside of the official Star Wars franchise is exactly that - OUTSIDE of the franchise. It is "non-canon".....and if it contradicts important parts of the official Star Wars story, then the owners of Star Wars will shut it down. The non-canon stories that have been created over the years are literally another franchise - set apart from Lucas' franchise.

George Lucas said it best in an August 2005 interview in Starlog magazine:

Question: "The Star Wars Universe is so large and diverse. Do you ever find yourself confused by the subsidiary material that's in the novels, comics, and other offshoots?"

LUCAS: "I don't read that stuff. I haven't read any of the novels. I don't know anything about that world. That's a different world than my world. But I do try to keep it consistent. The way I do it now is they have a Star Wars Encyclopedia. So if I come up with a name or something else, I look it up and see if it has already been used. When I said [other people] could make their own Star Wars stories, we decided that, like Star Trek, we would have two universes: My universe and then this other one. They try to make their universe as consistent with mine as possible, but obviously they get enthusiastic and want to go off in other directions."

Edited by Principled Man

The films are canon to me. I don't read the books or play the video games or watch the cartoons. Live action feature film or nothing.

As for the rolling droid, it probably wasn't abandoned because it was a bad idea, but one they couldn't make work back in the day. They could barely get R2 to roll at all. As a fan I love seeing old ideas or pieces of McQuarie concept art see the light of day. Those are original germs of ideas back in the formative years. At the end of the day it's a droid. I'm guessing it's not a featured character. It's amazing to me the vitriol that stems from such minor elements. It shows just how cynical and jaded movie watchers have become.

If the original Star Wars came out today it would be panned by the same people who grew up loving it because they'd be busy ignoring important things arguing over whether ir not the joints in C3PO's armor makes sense and inane bullshit like that.

Gotta love the internet and the desire to be a Scrooge-like joy-kill at every opportunity.

Edited by Presto-digitation
  • Like 1

It's amazing to me the vitriol that stems from such minor elements. It shows just how cynical and jaded movie watchers have become.

It also shows how important the Star Wars storyline and characters have become to millions of people. It's become a quasi-religion for many fans. We can say all we want about the bad dialogue, the bad acting in parts, the technical snafus, but we should never dismiss how beloved the film series is.

For all its faults, Star Wars still means something to millions. The characters, the mystical concepts of the Force, and the wonderful super technologies still keep fans coming back for more.

• Like 1

It's amazing to me the vitriol that stems from such minor elements. It shows just how cynical and jaded movie watchers have become.

Not at all. Just because it's Star Wars doesn't mean it has to be accepted for what it is (especially after the dismal Prequel trilogy). This movie is going to be a success no matter what so it really doesn't matter what anyone says but why should it not be criticized just because it's "Star Wars"? Give me a break. Abrams has a lot at stake for this after the Prequel trilogy hurt the series reputation. And I'm mainly criticizing the teaser for being underwhelming, but that's partly the studios fault for wanting to rush out a teaser so quickly. And it's just a movie. Criticize it. These people are getting paid a lot of money to produce this movie and they're going to make a shitload of money off of it. There is nothing wrong with expecting them to make a quality movie to redeem the movie series reputation and to satisfy the huge fanbase. They're creating high expectations with this movie and it's their job to live up to those expectations.

To me, that's not being cynical and jaded. Being cynical and jaded is blindly accepting whatever is thrown at you. Criticism is good and necessary. I really think they could have done a better job with this teaser (and they should've) even given the time limitations. Maybe they will hear some of this negative feedback and make the next teaser or trailer even better by taking into consideration what people have said. Or maybe not but everyone should keep criticizing whatever they're not satisfied with. This movie better be damn good and no one should expect anything less than that. And if it sucks, say it.

Edited by savagegrace26

It transcends criticism when it becomes nitpicking minutiae in a sub-2-minute teaser. We disagree on what constitutes "important" then. A rolling droid. What a deal killer. Hilarious stuff really...

The film is doomed...! :D

Edited by Presto-digitation

It transcends criticism when it becomes nitpicking minutiae in a sub-2-minute teaser. We disagree on what constitutes "important" then. A rolling droid. What a deal killer. Hilarious stuff really...

The film is doomed...! :D

Hahaha! Nice one KISS ARMY FAN! I can sense your sarcasm a million miles away.

This movie will be the best one ever made next to "Empire." IT'S A STONE COLD LOCK!

Hell, and I'm "STONE COLD CRAZY!"

Love,

QUEEN