Which Rush song should I play to try new headphones?

YYZumbi

Narpski, please listen to the original VT. It will probably cause you cardiac arrest.

Given that I have a heart condition anyway you could be right. Thanks for the suggestion....

Wow, what a rude comment, SG, but what's new?

Rude comment? Now I'm supposed to know what potnatial medical conditions people have too? Holy shit. Sensitive much?

I have hearing loss (completely deaf in one ear), I also may have Autism/Asperger's (although have never been diagnosed, but it's highly likely), I'm very prone to depression and anxiety, my mother died of cancer, my father is very sick from severe cirhossis of the liver due to decades of extreme alcohol abuse, my sister has never been able to walk her entire life and there have been three suicides in my recent family history. Better not talk about anything or make any kind of jokes around here because you never know what people have going on may be going through. Everyone should just post their entire medical history's and traumas they've been through so we can all be safe and happy.

It seems like you really got hurt when they said you said a rude comment, just ignore it.

No, I'm not "hurt". I'm just very tired of Eagle judging everything I say on here because of her preconcieved "standards" or whatever.

I meant nothing ill toward Narpski. I in no way can know that he may or may not have a heart condition and it wasn't intended as rude and it's ridiculous for someone taking a comment like that on a personal level. I offer an apology to Narpski if it bothered him. If I had said listening to something can give you a heart attack to someone who doesnt have a heart condition no one would have thought anything of it, but Eagle has to jump in with every opportunity she can to judge me and accuse me of being "rude" or whatever she wants to think.

But whatever, it's who she is. If you don't like the things I say or constantly think I have some kind of dark agenda to be "rude" toward others then just put me on f*cking ignore.

Then you can ignore my comments as well since I'm still going to call you out for things, like I would anyone else for the same reason. Like it or not. It's a free forum.

Narpski, please listen to the original VT. It will probably cause you cardiac arrest.

Given that I have a heart condition anyway you could be right. Thanks for the suggestion....

Rude comment? Now I'm supposed to know what potnatial medical conditions people have too? Holy shit. Sensitive much?

I have hearing loss (completely deaf in one ear), I also may have Autism/Asperger's (although have never been diagnosed, but it's highly likely), I'm very prone to depression and anxiety, my mother died of cancer, my father is very sick from severe cirhossis of the liver due to decades of extreme alcohol abuse, my sister has never been able to walk her entire life and there have been three suicides in my recent family history. Better not talk about anything or make any kind of jokes around here because you never know what people have going on may be going through. Everyone should just post their entire medical history's and traumas they've been through so we can all be safe and happy.

It seems like you really got hurt when they said you said a rude comment, just ignore it.

No, I'm not "hurt". I'm just very tired of Eagle judging everything I say on here because of her preconcieved "standards" or whatever.

I meant nothing ill toward Narpski. I in no way can know that he may or may not have a heart condition and it wasn't intended as rude and it's ridiculous for someone taking a comment like that on a personal level. I offer an apology to Narpski if it bothered him. If I had said listening to something can give you a heart attack to someone who doesnt have a heart condition no one would have thought anything of it, but Eagle has to jump in with every opportunity she can to judge me and accuse me of being "rude" or whatever the hell she wants to think.

But whatever, it's who she is. If you don't like the things I say or constantly think I have some kind of dark agenda to be "rude" toward others then just put me on f*cking ignore.

I'm good. Thanks....

Its ok. He probably didn't know and I'm not in the mood to really care today anyway. Thanks anyway Eagle. You are a favorite of mine here for good reason... :) :cheers:

No, didn't mean anything by it all. And that's why she is my least favorite around here. Because she is freaking oblivious and dense (and yes I meant something by that).

I was sticking up for Narpski because I consider him a friend. If you call that oblivious and dense then so be it.

I'm sure I'm your least favorite because I tend to call you out about your unfeeling comments and so called "jokes".

Unfeeling comments? Like I'm supposed to know what's going on with people lives here? No, i don't like you because you're judgemental and constantly think I have to conform to your level of "ethics" or whatever it is. You can't deal with it then put me on ignore. I like Narpski. I think he's a cool dude.

Unfeeling comments? Like I'm supposed to know what's going on with people lives here? No, i don't like you because you're judgemental and constantly think I have to conform to your level of "ethics" or whatever it is. You can't deal with it then put me on ignore. I like Narpski. I think he's a cool dude.

Judgemental? Sheesh. I've never met a more judgemental person than you. Ever. Sorry I hurt your feelings but dang. Lighten up.

I meant nothing ill toward Narpski. I in no way can know that he may or may not have a heart condition and it wasn't intended as rude and it's ridiculous for someone taking a comment like that on a personal level. I offer an apology to Narpski if it bothered him. If I had said listening to something can give you a heart attack to someone who doesnt have a heart condition no one would have thought anything of it, but Eagle has to jump in with every opportunity she can to judge me and accuse me of being "rude" or whatever she wants to think.

Then you can ignore my comments as well since I'm still going to call you out for things, like I would anyone else for the same reason. Like it or not. It's a free forum.

There's nothing to "call out". It all comes down to you being dense as I said.

Here, I'll explain it to you:

Narpski hates the sound of VT Remix.

So I said he should listen to the original mix and warned him that it might give him cardiac arrest (as in a heart attack) because if he thinks the Remix sounds so bad then the original sounds so bad that it literally might kill him.

If I had said "it might kill you listening to it" it wouldn't be construed as "rude" but since I chose "cardiac arrest" (not being aware that he has a heart condition) then it's automatically taken as "rude".

Whatever, that's f*cking bullshit. You have to look at context and intent when calling people "out". I know barely anything about Narpski's personal life other than that he lives in South Carolina and that he likes to look tough in pictures by holding a butter knife.

I'm calling you out Eagle on your density and biased judgement.

Edited by savagegrace26

So I said he should listen to the original mix and warned him that it might give him cardiac arrest (as in a heart attack) because if he thinks the Remix sounds so bad then the original sounds so bad that it literally might kill him.

If I had said "it might kill you listening to it" it wouldn't be construed as "rude" but since I chose "cardiac arrest" (not being aware that he has a heart condition) then it's automatically taken as "rude".

Whatever, that's f*cking bullshit. You have to look at context and intent when calling people "out". I know barely anything about Narpski's personal life other than that he lives in South Carolina and that he likes to look tough in pictures by holding a butter knife.

Boy is this getting old. :LOL: If calling you rude is dense and biased then you obviously don't know what those words mean. Get over yourself and let's let the thread get back to being about which song for Zumbi to play. Let it go.

The Necromancer. The music moves through your head, from side to side, then to the other side, then about half-way (psych), etc...

Boy is this getting old. :LOL: If calling you rude is dense and biased then you obviously don't know what those words mean. Get over yourself and let's let the thread get back to being about which song for Zumbi to play. Let it go.

Go f*ck yourself.

I say listen to Going For The One or Tormato. They will sound wonderful through any headphones. Oh wait. Wrong band....
  • Like 2

I think Open Secrets is a great song to use for trying out headphones. It covers a pretty complete range of highs and lows, and each instrument seems to "stand alone" more so than on other songs. I wouldn't use just one song though. I would also suggest something like Lessons which combines acoustic guitar with heavy chords and bass, maybe Didacts and Narpets to focus on crisp, clear drum sounds, and certainly include some of your favorites as well. Open Secrets is always one of the songs I use though.

I took a chance and bought some Audio Technica studio headphones last year (after reading countless good reviews on Amazon) and the first song I went to was Red Barchetta. Of course it sounded great through my home stereo – but even through my iPhone the sound was so much better than my regular headphones.

Since then I have purchased a turntable (again, Audio Technica) and have immersed myself in vinyl.

Lavilla from an original pressing of Hemispheres through any decent headphones will make you weep.

Clockwork Angels is a good test as well. The sound quality is markedly improved on vinyl, especially through good headphones.

So yeah, you’re going to need to get a decent turntable, find a great quality version of Hemispheres on vinyl and see if they will let you hook everything up in store…

;)

Or just listen to Revolver